Misheard Song Lyrics

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's one from when I was a kid regarding "Sailing for Adventure" from MTI:

Correct lyrics: "And margaritas at the midnight buffet"
Misheard lyrics: "And Macarenas at the midnight buffet"

In my defense, this was the 90s, after all, and the Macarena was the biggest musical dance hit of the time, so I thought it was MTI's way of referencing the craze (the lady rat's accent didn't help either).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Actually for a good while, I used to think this one lyric in Little Jerry’s “Danger” went like this:

“When you see it, people way, cause it’s no good!”

Until later after hearing the clean studio recording of the song, it was actually “Keep away, cause it’s no good!”

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
In U2's "Pride (in the Name of Love)", when I heard the final verse, I was originally thinking he was saying "Early morning, April fool..." - until I realized the song was a tribute to Martin Luther King, Jr. and given the date he was assassinated, I now realize he said "April four" not "April fool".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Rachel Platten's "I Can't Rhyme Song":

Correct lyrics: "And I don't really care if nobody else believes"
Misheard lyrics: "And I don't really care for nobody else but me"

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds by The Beatles

Misheard: “Blue seal in the sky with diamonds”

Correct: “Lucy in the sky with diamonds”

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I actually used to think Mariah Carey was saying “I don’t want a lock for Christmas” and I was like :confused:

salemfan

Reaction score
To expand the content of this thread into anything misheard, the local PBS affiliates have aired funding credits for the broadcast of their shows on their affiliates. This mishearing is of how WGBH/WGBX Boston, MA would say it in the 1990s.
Misheard: Local broadcast TO (insert name of program) is made possible by our members in partnership with...(funding credits to follow)
Correct: Local broadcast OF (insert name of program) is made possible by our members in partnership with...(funding credits to follow)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recently heard that the song is titled "Holla Back Girls". All this time I thought Gwen Stefani was saying "we ain't no Harlem phat girls".