Misheard Song Lyrics

salemfan

Reaction score
This thread should also include mishearings in audio media that was not music. When I was a kid before computers were so well-known I had this Touch & Discover educational toy from Texas Instruments and the cards intended for use with it were Disney-themed. One card was called "Birthday Party" and portrayed the Unbirthday Party in Disney's version of Alice in Wonderland. When I pressed the March Hare I misheard it as "the March Pare" and when I pressed the Mad Hatter I misheard it as "the Match Putter". When Mickey Mouse introduced himself I misheard Mickey Mouse as "Trickey Woulse."

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Which songs do I misunderstand the lyrics of? Every line from every song Eddie Vedder has ever sung lol.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Okay, here's a rather embarrassing one...

You know how whenever we somehow get onto the discussion of dirty pop songs from the 90s and 2000s, I always mention songs we'd hear on the school bus almost everyday, including one that contained a line, "Even when you lick my boob, I'm crazy over you"... well, I just learned that that actually wasn't what the line said at all... apparently, it was, "Even when I'm with my boo, you know I'm crazy over you."

Whatever that means.
Not a misunderstanding, but speaking of dirty 2000s and 90s pop songs. I once got detention for singing the song Smack That! at school not realizing that it had any sexual context to it whatsoever.

My mind was so innocent back then that I didn't realize something as obviously dirty as Smack That! was sexual at all. Looking back, I'm pretty sure that is one of the filthiest songs I've ever heard.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I know several people who thought Gangnam Style was saying "Broken C*ndom Style" at first due to their unfamiliarity with the Korean language.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Beyonce's "Irreplaceable"

Correct lyrics: "You must not know 'bout me, you must not know 'bout me."
Misheard lyrics: "You must not know what I mean, you must not know what I mean."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's another one for from a more contemporary pop song:

Correct lyrics: "I saw the sign."
Mishead lyrics: "I'm so sorry."

salemfan

Reaction score
Like I said, this thread should not just include songs.
In the 1970s Dr. Seuss movie "Dr. Seuss on the Loose" which contains three stories: The Sneetches, The Zax, and Green Eggs and Ham, I had it on video as a kid, and during the end of the story of The Sneetches, I misheard the narrator's line.
Correct line: When every last cent of their money was spent, the Fix-it-Up Chappie packed up and he went. (it meant that he PACKED up the Star-On Machine and Star-Off Machine)
Misheard line: When every last cent of their money was spent, the Fix-it-Up Chappie Cat up and he went. (I thought it meant that the Cat in the Hat was launched up into the air, and used to wonder why the movie didn't show that.)

mariolover

Reaction score
We Will Rock You

Correct Line: Kicking your can all over the place!

Misheard line: Kicking your cat all over the place!