Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWoO

Reaction score
Exactly. Like some of the official pictures have wrinkled faces that give Kermit a beak look. He needs careful posing. Mine looks fairly nice, though some people pose him perfectly. I hope to get Animal cause it looks like he'd be real fun to display.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Yeah, I've noticed that beak look they give him in some photos. Even official Muppet photos with an official poser. Some of the new Kermit merch uses a photo of him with his arms in a shrug pose with his mouth open and with a "beaked" top lip. He doesn't look right like that.
Some people can pose them right and some can't. It's the difference between him looking like a stuffed doll or a real Kermit.

MyMuppet

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'de just like to clarify some points about the photo puppet:

The images that have been posted are all of the prototype product. Saying that means that the final product will most likely vary from what you are seeing now, so you may just get what you want :smile:

I dont think its a bad representation from this: http://photos.friendster.com/photos/90/27/20497209/14426006339145l.jpg (blurry photo I know)

The issue about the mouth looking strange: if you read the imformation on the master replicas website it clearly states this puppet is:
"Fully posable with mouth expression and full articulation in neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, ankles and fingers".

Any issues about the puppet should be mailed directly to master replicas so they can modify any features that may be brought up before production starts. :concern:

MWoO

Reaction score
The problem with Gonzo's mouth is not something that can be corrected by reposing it klike Kermit. It's the actual shape of the foam.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'de just like to clarify some points about the photo puppet:

The images that have been posted are all of the prototype product. Saying that means that the final product will most likely vary from what you are seeing now, so you may just get what you want :smile:

I dont think its a bad representation from this: http://photos.friendster.com/photos/90/27/20497209/14426006339145l.jpg (blurry photo I know)

The issue about the mouth looking strange: if you read the imformation on the master replicas website it clearly states this puppet is:
"Fully posable with mouth expression and full articulation in neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, ankles and fingers".

Any issues about the puppet should be mailed directly to master replicas so they can modify any features that may be brought up before production starts. :concern:
Master Replicas is aware of the problems and working on it.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Extra shipping

Antony, thanks so much for checking that out for me.But I have good news-I found a site(www.koenigscollectibles.com) where shipping to Australia is only $48.had to pay for it upfront though, but it is a big saving in postage from $339.78 that MR wanted.Cant wait to get him.
Shipping to Australia is more than $48.Had to pay an extra $39.50.But at $87.50, it is still less than a third of MR shipping.

Luke

Reaction score
The problem with Gonzo's mouth is not something that can be corrected by reposing it klike Kermit. It's the actual shape of the foam.
Yeah you are right. I had heard there was a major problem in the materials used to make Gonzo which makes him look "off" and it's not something they are able to change, and not even their fault. I'm sure they will do all they can to tweak the stuff that is possible to change and he'll look ok, but as much as i like to support the line i'll be looking to see the actual pictures before i order anything.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I don't see Gonzo's mouth as being too bad. The photos on the MR wesite are taken at peculiar angles. Much like the photos of Animal on there. The pupil placement in the eyes seems off again, like Animal's was in the first China prototype, but apart from a little colour tweaking he looks great.

Is there a reason that MR don't take photos of the replicas looking straight into the camera lens? That's what gives them life in still photographs.

Status
Not open for further replies.