Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodrastus

Reaction score
Oooh thanks muppetperson from a fellow Aussie. I've only just ordered Kermit a few days ago but have got a bit of cash at the moment so was looking to organise Animal!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Oooh thanks muppetperson from a fellow Aussie. I've only just ordered Kermit a few days ago but have got a bit of cash at the moment so was looking to organise Animal!
I thought I sold you a Kermit a while back?

goodrastus

Reaction score
Nope wasn't me - was asking about one on eBay i think when you had it there but I ended up missing out as I missed the auction by 5 mins - got my times mucked up!

Or if you did, I never paid for it and it never arrived!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Hey, I just noticed at The Saber Vault that they have Gonzo up for $250 plus free shipping. What's really odd is that his suite is the purple color that he should be in. I wonder why they did that when we where told that he was going to be in red. Would be nice if they did sell him in his purple outfit.

Here is the link:

http://www.thesabervault.com/MasterReplicasGonzo.html

MWoO

Reaction score
Oh man, looking at the photoshopped version makes me wish they'd make the suit darker. As for why they'd do it, shady business. All they need to do is put up a disclaimer saying color may vary and they can get people to buy it based on an edited pic.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Desaturation

They desaturated the entire image in Photoshop. Who knows why? Yeah, the suit looks closer to what we know, but his face is all washed out. :concern:

I really hope MR gets some new proto photos soon! I want to see what he really looks like when better posed and lit. :embarrassed:

MWoO

Reaction score
Yeah they needed people to pose the posers. The official Kermit photos don't make Kermit look nearly as good as he is. Usually it's the other way around. So I am hoping that these will look better when people get them home and pose them and take new pics.

doc hopper

Reaction score
Yeah they needed people to pose the posers. The official Kermit photos don't make Kermit look nearly as good as he is. Usually it's the other way around. So I am hoping that these will look better when people get them home and pose them and take new pics.
That's exactly what happened with Kermit for me. You have to work with him a little to get expressions and poses that are true to the character. Once you get it right, you'll never understand some of the poses you see out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.