Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Question guys....when was Gonzo's suit ever red. I am only familiar with the classic Muppet Show. Was there any other times when his suit was red? Just curious.
Gonzo's suit was red-ish burgundy on some episodes of the Muppet Show. I don't know if this was due to the fabric or the lighting as both changed as the show progressed. In print and posters (the actual Photo Gonzos) the suit was much more puplish. MR has made its decision on the color. I disagree, but I can live with it. My issue really is with that upper lip/jaw. :concern:

I did a web image search on every Gonzo puppet and poser and his lip never looked that way. Terry's doesn't resemble it either. I know they are looking into it, but I really hope they have time to fix it. There are lesser quality Gonzo products on the market that got that part of the design better than the posted prototype photos. :embarrassed:

Are they getting Muppet monkeys to take their website pictures? :stick_out_tongue: I believe their offices are a short drive out of the city. I'm offering to take my digicam and snap a good pose! Actually the folks at MR are great people and they are trying with the blue fella. They also have many other non-Muppet projects in the works from the look of their site.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I never saw him in a red suit. The maroon suit was in the early seasons, after that I don't think he wore a suit very much. He wore a black tux once or twice I think and the daredevil outfit was worn a lot during the later seasons too. Since the Muppet Show his dress has been very different with casual shirts and khaki pants. That's how he's dressed in most of the Gonzo merch.
I would have liked to have had him dressed in a tank-top like he was during a lot of the 80s.
Im hoping that his suit looks a little less harsh and its just the photo that makes it look weird. I hope you can take the suit off with ease........I have seen some cool cloths in baby gap that look like they would suit Gonzo!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks, i want to make sure i have a Fozzie when the times comes, and an Animal hopefully. I don't have room for all of them.

I wish they would get the ALF license and do a one off aniversary ALF. I need an ALF like this, lol. Not a great chance, haha.
I have started an ALF thread in Puppetry.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Can we start a poll ofr future replicas. I would start one but I cant see how to!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Im hoping that his suit looks a little less harsh and its just the photo that makes it look weird. I hope you can take the suit off with ease........I have seen some cool cloths in baby gap that look like they would suit Gonzo!
I agree. The suit in the pic is a little harsh but the colours in those pics look a little harsh altogether. Plus, it looks a little silky, shouldn't it be a mock velvet texture? I'm no expert tho.
As for dressing Gonzo, if he is roughly the same size as Kermit, clothes age 9-12 months should fit. I managed to get a PJ set and a pretty nice shirt for the frog. Fits quite nicely.

muppetperson

Reaction score
http://www.figuremania.com.au/

Here you go buddy..............they are based in OZ and will be able to order Gonzo for you, it may not be listed on their website but they are still able to order him. Good luck
Antony, thanks so much for checking that out for me.But I have good news-I found a site(www.koenigscollectibles.com) where shipping to Australia is only $48.had to pay for it upfront though, but it is a big saving in postage from $339.78 that MR wanted.Cant wait to get him.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
antonydavanzo, standupguy gave posted a message. So I thought I should post it here for you.

Big thanks to you both WK and Obi for taking the time to pass on this info I very much appreciate you trying to help , the link to the collectorzone will be a great help, and if you would also pass on my thanks to antonydavanzo at muppet central for his kindness Obi I would be most greatful, its such a pity that shipping costs have effectively killed off my membership with master Replicas as I can buy all the MR kit at below the membership prices on Ebay and at some stores at less that MR even with the 10% discount, and I think that is just nuts.

What a nice guy you are! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.