Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The one thing that Caroll himself has said is that he intends to keep doing it until he physically can no longer hold Big Bird's head up.

However, it seems from the little bit of behind-the-scenes footage we've gotten of Season 46 thus far is that Caroll is apparently just sitting off to the sidelines, dubbing his characters voices like Jerry did in his last few years.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The one thing that Caroll himself has said is that he intends to keep doing it until he physically can no longer hold Big Bird's head up.

However, it seems from the little bit of behind-the-scenes footage we've gotten of Season 46 thus far is that Caroll is apparently just sitting off to the sidelines, dubbing his characters voices like Jerry did in his last few years.
I thinks he's training the new performers for when time comes for him to retire or pass away.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. See what I mean? It can kind of go either way.

But I understand Muppetspot comment about him training new performers which is mainly why Matt's been Big Bird's understudy ever since about season 30 and the fact that we heard Eric as :grouchy: in "Sunny Side Up" recently. Seems like if Carroll does decide to retire, his characters are in good hands.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Footage of that actually popped up a while back. Eric sounds very close for the most part. I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't outright stated.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
At Dragon-Con, Caroll said Eric is Oscars understudy
Well, the good news about that is whenever Carroll does decide to retire, BB and Oscar having different puppeteers might allow them more interaction. Though there have been quite a few memorable moments where Carroll would do double duty as both of them in a scene, most famously on "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street."

Footage of that actually popped up a while back. Eric sounds very close for the most part. I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't outright stated.
Yeah. I remember that one. The change really wasn't all that noticeable. Nice to see Eric doing a non-Frank Oz character. Of course, he's done Guy Smiley as well. But still it's a rarity.

GonzoMan

Reaction score
Well, the good news about that is whenever Carroll does decide to retire, BB and Oscar having different puppeteers might allow them more interaction. Though there have been quite a few memorable moments where Carroll would do double duty as both of them in a scene, most famously on "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street."

Yeah. I remember that one. The change really wasn't all that noticeable. Nice to see Eric doing a non-Frank Oz character. Of course, he's done Guy Smiley as well. But still it's a rarity.

That's true. Sometimes someone else would do the puppetry for Oscar. Just in general.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Does anybody know if Sonia Manzano filmed any episodes for this season before her departure?

Status
Not open for further replies.