Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oh yes, I've seen that. I've noticed that Ryan Dillon has voiced Elmo for a couple new games there as well.
I hope we get to see Jennifer Barhart's Zoe and Stephanie D'Abbruzo's Prairie Dawn soon. Although those characters aren't as popular as Ernie or Elmo, so we'll probobly still have to wait a couple of months when the season actually airs or when they release some sneak peeks on Youtube.

GonzoMan

Reaction score
I hope we get to see Jennifer Barhart's Zoe and Stephanie D'Abbruzo's Prairie Dawn soon. Although those characters aren't as popular as Ernie or Elmo, so we'll probobly still have to wait a couple of months when the season actually airs or when they release some sneak peeks on Youtube.
I'm looking forward to that, too. Just out of curiosity, do you know when this new season is supposed to start?

Drtooth

Reaction score
To me, that isn't necessarily the case. It seems like they're putting more focus on the younger members like Leela, Chris, and Mando, since they could probably identify with the increasingly younger viewers, and vice-versa. Over the past four to five years, Bob and Susan have slowly been getting phased out, each appearing in maybe two episodes per year at maximum. Maria has also retired after 44 years on SS. The only mainstays from previous years are Luis (1971-present), Gordon (1974-present), Gina (1987-present), and Alan (1998-present).
Exactly. Those were things that were a long time coming anyway. They just got Luis back to a semblance of regularity with the bike shop. They usually just use Alan and Chris. Alan's probably taking on the older adult surrogate parent role from Gordon, while the others are more of the youthful relatives types.

Thinking about the core six, something does bug me. So apparently Zoe has been recast (though I know not where this new info came from). Anyway, out of the core characters, only one is a girl and she's sort of the girliest character there is out of the four. With all this stuff about wanting more strong female characters in things, I'm worried core six will edge Rosita and Zoe out when they were pretty much integral to past seasons. Rosita at least with the focus on Latino culture. While I don't dislike Abby, I always felt that Zoe was a stronger character overall, especially when paired with Elmo.

Oscarfan has stated earlier in the thread that it starts November 16, or at least according to this article http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/13/sesame-street-moves-to-hbo/
I still think it's a cheat that they start this season on HBO, especially when most of this upcoming season was still produced with PBS in mind. I think they could at least simulcast the first five episodes of the season.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Exactly. Those were things that were a long time coming anyway. They just got Luis back to a semblance of regularity with the bike shop. They usually just use Alan and Chris. Alan's probably taking on the older adult surrogate parent role from Gordon, while the others are more of the youthful relatives types.

Thinking about the core six, something does bug me. So apparently Zoe has been recast (though I know not where this new info came from). Anyway, out of the core characters, only one is a girl and she's sort of the girliest character there is out of the four. With all this stuff about wanting more strong female characters in things, I'm worried core six will edge Rosita and Zoe out when they were pretty much integral to past seasons. Rosita at least with the focus on Latino culture. While I don't dislike Abby, I always felt that Zoe was a stronger character overall, especially when paired with Elmo.
https://instagram.com/p/1_Vw9ERgh4/
https://www.facebook.com/7355445324....127842.73554453249/10152973652698250/?type=1

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's cool. I was actually more worried about her being dropped from the show than Prairie. Hope she gets utilized just as much. Well...at least a little more than she was lately.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Martin P. Robinson has said he doesn't plan to retire for a long time
Well, that's good to know. Since we're losing so many puppeteers and cast members, it's good to know that he's still making a commitment with the show.

I'm kind of wondering about Carroll though, since I've seen in some sources that he doesn't plan on retiring anytime soon and some sources say that he'll probably only be there until the show's 50th season. I just wonder which is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.