Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

GonzoMan

Reaction score
you know I don't really feel affected about Joey leaving, but I wonder if that's the reason why Bert and Ernie have been making more appearances.
They haven't made too many, but Billy Barkhurst has been doing a lot of Ernie lately, and with the new Muppets TV show coming up, I have a feeling that Steve Whitmire will be really busy.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
They haven't made too many, but Billy Barkhurst has been doing a lot of Ernie lately, and with the new Muppets TV show coming up, I have a feeling that Steve Whitmire will be really busy.
I have a feeling Billy is taking over Ernie, but that is a good thing because we haven't had so much Bert and Ernie in the last like 5 or 10 years.

GonzoMan

Reaction score
I have a feeling Billy is taking over Ernie, but that is a good thing because we haven't had so much Bert and Ernie in the last like 5 or 10 years.
I have that feeling, too. As much as I want Steve to come back, Billy may be the new Ernie. His Ernie does sound kinda like John Tartaglia's Ernie on PWMS, doesn't it?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I have that feeling, too. As much as I want Steve to come back, Billy may be the new Ernie. His Ernie does sound kinda like John Tartaglia's Ernie on PWMS, doesn't it?
Yeah, it kind of does sound like John's Ernie, but I'm just glad we are getting more Bert and Ernie because, I enjoy more Ernie and Rubber Duckie.

GonzoMan

Reaction score
Yeah, it kind of does sound like John's Ernie, but I'm just glad we are getting more Bert and Ernie because, I enjoy more Ernie and Rubber Duckie.
Bert and Ernie are great characters. They're another two of my favorites, and at least they've been appearing more than they should.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
you know I don't really feel affected about Joey leaving, but I wonder if that's the reason why Bert and Ernie have been making more appearances.
Well I kind of like the idea of the rucurring characters making less appearances so that the main characters like Bert,Ernie and The Count can make more appearances .

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Look at the last few posts.
Wow! Cast members are dropping like flies this coming season.

Makes one wonder if Murray will still be around and be recast or if they'll just drop him from the show. I was kind of hoping they'd phase him out anyway, but that's not the best way to go.

I know someone mentioned they wondered about Papa Bear, Stinky and the Elephant. I'm not sure either, but since those are all minor characters, I don't know if recasting them will really be necessary. We'll have to see what's in store.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe it's the whole kit-and-caboodle he's talking about: the changes to the sets, the moving characters into different apartments, the reduction of a "core six" Muppet cast, shortening to an hour, and all.
That's really put a bad taste in my mouth about the upcoming and future seasons. Something tells me the major shake ups aren't just the ones they're talking about. I don't think the set change was the catalyst specifically, but it really could be other things. Anything is pure speculation at this point, but it just sounds like something worrisome. I don't think it's directly related to the HBO deal, since Joey says it was almost a year of fighting, and this deal didn't sound like it was anything beyond this spring at best. No, I think it has something more to do with the new head of Sesame Workshop and or PBS. Maybe the consideration of HBO was also a major problem, something sounds like the budget crisis was a long time coming this season. I mean, either PBS goaded SW into the half hour format or SW was planning it all along with PBS in mind.

Either way, there's a lot of people to make out to be the villain here. Problem is, until we get some sort of in-depth narrative of what actually happened, we can't just say who's to blame yet and what we should worry about.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder what'll happen to the Two-Headed Monster. It wouldn't surprise me if Matt Vogel takes over, since he's so many characters Jerry Nelson originated.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know all these changes make me want to read Street Gang again. Maybe if we look backwads we can see what's going to happen in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.