Look! "Before You Leap" is an amazing book

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Skye said:
I'm also curious about who "ghost wrote" it...
Jim Lewis. (actually figured it out before reading GelflingWaldo's post) He's been writing for the Muppets for years.

I do agree there are a few too many Pig jokes, but I think Kermit kind of makes up for it. Other than that, the book is possibly the finest piece of Muppet merchandise available. I love it!

(Beau, a while back you mentioned something about it centering alot around Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Pepe... but there are ALOT of references to other Muppets. Kermit goes into a bit of detail over Lew Zeland, there's plenty from Floyd, Bunsen, Beaker, Statler, and Waldorf... some from Rowlf, but not a whole lot from Scooter. :smirk: Oh, well. I'm not done with it yet. Maybe.)

Skye

Reaction score
heralde said:
I get you, Skye, if I had gotten it as a gift, it would definitely be easier to make the decision to read it! I would be interested in your thoughts once you've had the chance.
You got it! :big_grin: Not a problem at all! :smile:

Super Scooter said:
Jim Lewis. (actually figured it out before reading GelflingWaldo's post) He's been writing for the Muppets for years.

I do agree there are a few too many Pig jokes, but I think Kermit kind of makes up for it. Other than that, the book is possibly the finest piece of Muppet merchandise available. I love it!
Awesome. Thanks!! :smile:

travellingpat

Reaction score
Got it for christmas...finished it 2 hours later....awesome book! great job jim lewis!

abiraniriba

Reaction score
great book

Read Look Before You Leap liked it, can't talk about it much now though, Johnathan is teething. Can you beliee he'll be 5 months in Jan.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
heralde said:
It's a shame that nearly every performer gets mentioned but Richard. That seems to happen a lot in the more modern Muppet publications.
I didn't notice that he wasn't mentioned in this book. I think he's the only performer from all 5 seasons of The Muppet Show who doesn't get mentioned.

It is a shame that he doesn't get mentioned more in recent publications. However, he was mentioned in both Caroll Spinney and Kevin Clash's autobiographies, and he was mentioned in Sesame Street Unpaved (though he didn't get an autobiography). He was also mentioned in the booklet for The Muppet Show 25th anniversary album. He wasn't mentioned in the making of Muppets From Space book, though it is more acceptable since he obviously didn't perform in that movie (Jim Henson was mentioned, but he created the Muppets).

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
I read the book and i love it. Everything is great. my favorite photo is of the Muppets behind the Muppet Theater. Its a nice new photo. I could tell its new because it uses the same pictures as last years muppets calendar and one of them is Rizzo. Its the one hanging out of the garbage can. Rizzo is also in the alley next to the stairs and garbage can. I like that Disney used alot of the older muppets like Luncheon counter monster and boppitty. This also proves that Disney has plans for a new Muppet show in my mind. Plus if they wanted it to look like it came from The Muppet Show they should have least had no Rizzo as he wasnt around till The Muppets take Manhattan.

travellingpat

Reaction score
I dont think that picture behind the theater is new...i remember seeing it in a book made in the 80s....i just think they dont use it often

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ok, I borrowed the book from the library to check it out. The tone is very 'modern' Kermit and I guess we just don't have the same sense of humor! Plus the book automatically gets 5 points off for not mentioning Richard. But yeah, I'm glad Carol Spinney and Kevin Clash's books mention him. I'm definitely be grateful for that. :wink:

For the positives, I liked most of the pictures, there were a lot I'd never seen before. And some of the self help section was very interesting and useful.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I just got it for christmas. What I've read so far, I love it! Very cute.

BearWithMe

Reaction score
Forgive me

Yeah, I ghosted it, though I prefer to think of it as channelling the frog. And yes you are right, there are too many pig jokes. (One loses track, then one regrets. Promise it won't happen again.) And my sincere apologies for omitting Richard. It was an inexplicable oversight. I still miss his wicked whimsy. That said, thanks for all the good words. Hope lots more to come.