Look! "Before You Leap" is an amazing book

akkush

Reaction score
Hi,

Wow, this is such a fun place. I'm like GaGa. I already found an answer to a question, in like three minutes.

I have a question on the collectable front. I have someone intersted in a 1979 Muppet Lunchbox with Thermos, un used. How do I find out how much it is worth in order to be fair ? I did,'t think it was worth anything.

Sharon

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey akkush, welcome to the forum! :smile:

Unfourtunately, I don't think this particular thread is the best one for this question. I think you may have better luck starting your own thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade section.

Hope this helps! :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh, I found this book at a bookstore, but I'm going to wait until Christmas to get it. ^^ It looks really adorable.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
This is a really nice book. Long-time Muppet writer, Jim Lewis, wrote the book and it is full of great Muppety moments. The book is illustrated with approximately 100 photos of Kermit and the Muppets. It's a great read and lots of fun. If you haven't checked it out, do so. I highly recommend it. I definitely deserves more attention and recognition that its gotten - it just kind of creeped out there with no one really knowing. Go check it out!
:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I would be disappointed to think someone called themselves a Muppet Fan and they didn't own this book. It's fun, funny, interesting, makes some really good points in some sections...and, there's a photo of Kermit on a picnic with a castle behind him:

That's Palais de Chenonceau (sp?) in France. I've been there. Obviously, that's a doctored photo, but it's fun to imagine that he was really there and I was there! Anyway, I can remember painting the castle from the front view years ago in painting class, and it was fun to see that photo when flipping through it.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I just heard about this book over the weekend when the Reno Gazette ran an article about it. I'm going to go to the store to hopefully find it. I'm glad to hear that it's so heartwarming and stays true to the character of Kermit! Plus pictures are a nice bonus!

Faylo

Reaction score
I have yet to see this book here :frown:
I hope I get it for Christmas, I love books and I definitely want to add it to my collection!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
i got a felling that i'm getting this cool Kermit book for christmas, as I seen dad pull it up on the Barnes & Nobles.com page and asked me IF i had that book yet! hehe.... :excited: :smile:

King Prawn

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
i got a felling that i'm getting this cool Kermit book for christmas, as I seen dad pull it up on the Barnes & Nobles.com page and asked me IF i had that book yet! hehe.... :excited: :smile:
You're lucky, In my family everyone knows I love the Muppets yet they never get me anything Muppety unless I specifically ask for it, it could also be that they never know what I have and what I don't seeing as (like many of us) I have a pretty big collection.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I agree that you cannot really call yourself a Muppet fan if you have no desire to get this book. It's one of the most amazing pieces of Muppet merchandise I've ever seen. Probably the best thing since Jim's death. It's just perfectly awesome, I could not have asked for more from it, it's just that good.

All Muppet fans need "Before You Leap."