Little things we've noticed

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I learned on the segment in which the Count goes to the bank and gives the bank teller a hard time by withdrawing all of his money from his account in one dollar bills just for the purpose of counting them, and decides to redeposit them again for the purpose of counting. It is hilarious, and the interesting thing? I never knew Count Von Count was a millionaire.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but the Pumkin Anything Muppet, whenever the character is completely bald, kind of looks like one of the old McDonalds Chicken McNuggets puppets (even when this one has a nose, whereas the McNuggets don't have noses).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’ll admit, seeing the pumpkin hippie in all the 8 appearances he appeared in with the wild Tarzan-like hair makes me kinda wish he lost his hair in every single segment he appeared in as an (accidental) running gag. :stick_out_tongue:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I’ll admit, seeing the pumpkin hippie in all the 8 appearances he appeared in with the wild Tarzan-like hair makes me kinda wish he lost his hair in every single segment he appeared in as an (accidental) running gag. :stick_out_tongue:
I wonder if they intentionally tried to have the wig fall off or if they had trouble keeping it on when that hippie moved so wildly with such long hair. I would have thought they’d Velcro, pin, or use double sided tape, maybe they felt it would stay on without assistance and were wrong.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I did discover that the "Ernie goes rock hunting" sketch was never aired on the U.S. version beyond 1983. The CBC watermark didn't appear on CBC programming until many years later (most likely 1990s), so I think it's safe to assume that this sketch was aired as part of Sesame Park as early as 1996.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I wonder if they intentionally tried to have the wig fall off or if they had trouble keeping it on when that hippie moved so wildly with such long hair. I would have thought they’d Velcro, pin, or use double sided tape, maybe they felt it would stay on without assistance and were wrong.
I mean “Surprise!” also showed the wig was coming pretty loose so I think that, “Before and After” and the R quickies ditty were just instances the wig wasn’t put on properly.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I did discover that the "Ernie goes rock hunting" sketch was never aired on the U.S. version beyond 1983. The CBC watermark didn't appear on CBC programming until many years later (most likely 1990s), so I think it's safe to assume that this sketch was aired as part of Sesame Park as early as 1996.
Then I would assume all those recordings with the CBC logo came from Sesame Park if it didn’t pop up until years later.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing I am curious about is Baker #4 appearing to follow the "Ernie weighs cherries" sketch in this clip.

Sesame Street - Baker # 4 - YouTube

I did the "what links here" thing on the wiki, and there's no (American) episode where the sketches appear back to back, though I did see one or two episodes did have both segments.

I remember when all the Baker films except #1 were first on YouTube, I thought it was said that the user pointed a film camera to record these. Maybe I am remembering wrong, but the quality does look too good for that. I was surprised when I recently learned the cherries clip premiered in season 11, I thought if they were recorded by film it'd have happened earlier in the 1970s.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Two different characters who provide services to Oscar are The Mudman and Bruno. While they don't work together, they both look similar to Biff and Sully, though The Mudman looks more like Biff when he is in illustrated form. There's also the fact that The Mudman and Biff were both performed by Jerry Nelson while Sully and Bruno are both primarily silent characters.