Little things we've noticed

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I know it’s been debated with who actually provides vocals for this song (Brian Muehl, Joe Raposo, and Jeff Moss in particular), but getting more familiar with their voices and vocal ranges, I’m now just convinced this was an outside singer providing the voice.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
It does make sense as to why "Scanimate Kids intro" was shown strictly on Wednesdays (but not all Wednesdays). After clicking the image, I discovered that all of the airings of said intro - except for three which were all repeats) have episode numbers ending in 3 or 8.

"Scanimate Kids intro" was retired in 1988 after its only airing in Season 19 in November 1987.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Is it possible this airing of “Mad Painter 3” came from an altered summer rerun airing? I looked on the wiki to see which episode had (I would imagine) pinball number 3 with the Tommy Laplad cartoon before and after, but looking more carefully at this video source, it looks as though the cartoon came from another episode taped after (which the way it briefly cuts off him saying “three…”), so I went to see if another episode (likely from the late 80s or 90s) had those two next to each other, but to no luck.

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Maybe it was a Canadian broadcast. perhaps?

Based on the transition between Pinball #3 and the Mad Painter film, I am thinking this was from the late 1980s, as I read somewhere (Muppet Wiki, likely) that the Mad Painter sketches were discontinued before 1990 - please correct me if I'm wrong on the latter?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
They last aired in the domestic show in season 19. I was thinking it could have been a Sesame Park episode perhaps, but it was also hard to tell with the lack of the CBC logo

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I know that some US segments did get aired on Sesame Park, mostly animation by Bruce Cayard and Bud Luckey, and some Muppet sketches. I wouldn't have thought that US film segments would have aired on Sesame Park until I realized it aired "Everybody Eats" (refilmed version with Joe Raposo on vocals) in a 1998 episode, and "Write Your Name" was definitely produced in the US (it first aired in December 1994, two years before Sesame Park launched on CBC), and I remember it being aired on two episodes of Sesame Park.

Sesame Park tended to devote the majority of each episode to Canadian content, and less material produced in the US. Typically, we did see two Muppet segments from the US version on each episode and one or two US produced animation or film segments. Though on some episodes, we only saw one US Muppet sketch, and replacing the other US Muppet sketch was a "Basil TV" sketch with Basil the Polar Bear with footage of various 1990s Canadian kids involved. On one full early episode of Sesame Park, there was a computer-animated school supplies M/m segment, and that, we all know, was produced in the US. Muppet and Kid Moments were not featured on Sesame Park, as far as I know.

But yes, the Mad Painter sketch being shown on Sesame Park may be likely, though wouldn't Paul Benedict and Stockard Channing have had to be paid royalties for using their appearances? They were still alive when Sesame Park aired on CBC. Also, Sesame Park involved heavy use of transitions between segments and/or scenes.

Last edited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
But yes, the Mad Painter sketch being shown on Sesame Park may be likely, though wouldn't Paul Benedict and Stockard Channing have had to be paid royalties for using their appearances? They were still alive when Sesame Park aired on CBC. Also, Sesame Park involved heavy use of transitions between segments and/or scenes.
I don't think paying them royalties for Sesame Park would be too different from paying them royalties for the main Sesame Street.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean we (so far) only have two full episodes of Sesame Park available for viewing (far as I know anyway)…… so I’m not too familiar with the formatting of the show.

On that subject as well, it has also made me wonder if these airings in particular also came from Sesame Park and not so much Canadian Sesame Street:

(before it cuts to a US episode)

(Not gonna lie, I do hope we get to see the cartoon at the end of this one one day)

(That snow film/cartoon I would also like to see)

There was also a CBC recording of the Ernie and Bert chocolate cake skit that no longer seems to be on YouTube.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I can confirm that I did see the "Broken Ukulele" two-part sketch on a 1998 episode of Sesame Park. However, I have no clue on the others.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So this season 2 Beatles cover I think has now officially become my favorite out of all their songs they covered on the show. But anyway, looking at the puppetry for Marty, it looks like Frank is performing his movement, and I think Jerry is performing the Pumpkin AM whose design would become the Pumpkin monotone commonly associated as Rockin’ Richard with fans, but I’m not sure who puppeteered the Green and Fat Blue AMs who would eventually become Little Jerry and Big Jeffie respectively (I know they’re both performed by the same person in this segment):