Little things we've noticed

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Does anyone know the fonts used for the lower-thirds music video credits for “NTV” and “A New Way to Walk?” I would like to try a little experiment with them putting captions at the end of both videos (for fun).

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
The "NTV" segment was, I believe, the first original letter N segment involving the Muppets.

The first airing of “The First Day of School in History”, though it did focus on the letter N, was originally not a letter N segment – because the episode in which the segment first aired was brought to you by the letters P and V and by the number 6.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After watching the season two Before and After song, I am convinced that the pumpkin hippie's hair falling off his head was deliberate (maybe decided upon after all those takes where the fat blue hippie's hat falls off).

As I was watching, in the previous scenes, he is moving wildly, but in the very last scene with the hippies, he's moving a bit more slow or smooth, as if the performer was trying to keep the hair from falling off until the very end, his last movement looks like something that could have been an attempt to have the hair fly off. As if the hair was attached on in those previous scenes, and then whatever held the hair on was removed for the last shot (when they attached the fat blue's hat to his hand).

I also wonder if they tried to have the fat blue member's hat fall off on purpose. Maybe not the first shot, or the second, but after it happened in each cut, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to just do what they could to have the hat fall off.

I wonder if the scripts say anything about a hat or hair falling off. But even if they weren't scripted, they could have decided to do that at the last minute.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don’t think trivial details like headwear or body parts flying off would be noted in the scripts. And I’m pretty sure none of it was intentional, I mean top hats like that can easily fall off a puppet’s head if it’s otherwise just sitting on top flat and not placed over the head like the shape of the Green AM cone head. As for the Pumpkin, I mean he was performed by Jerry in that segment and his puppeteering could get slow at times….. so maybe he just lost his energy in the final chorus. I think the original intention was just to have the puppet back whip his Tarzan-styled hair on the cold ending note which only led to the hair flying off.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
As I was watching last night, I was also kind of hoping the pumpkin member’s nose would have fallen off. I’ve heard they use t-pins to hold noses on, I wonder if it would have hurt to just press in it to make it fall off on purpose.

We only briefly hear the hippies individual voices. We hear that the voices are Frank, Jerry, Caroll and Fran… but when they sing, I feel like I am hearing Jim’s voice in that. Maybe it’s just me.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well they were lip-syncing to the original pre-recorded track from season 1. Jim performed the lead hippie in the original segment as he did provide vocals as well.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Actually though, I am glad the Tarzan-jungle style hair was ditched for the Pumpkin hippie commonly associated as Rockin’ Richard of the Monotones in favor of putting back the smooth black hair the character design initially had in season 1 once Little Jerry and his band became established by season 4, made him look too much like a caveman.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thinking more about Before and After… I wish that the pumpkin hippie lost his hair in the second to last take of the group, and then at the end was holding his hair in his hand, along with the leader holding his hat in his hand.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think by that point they probably would have just redone that take from scratch.

hooperfan

Reaction score
I found it amusing that in Christmas Eve On Sesame Street, when Ernie finds one of Bert's paperclips lying around, he vows to get him something that will keep them from getting lost again, and then he tosses the paperclip over his shoulder!