Little things we've noticed

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Many segments about family tend to be about their similarities, or show same and different. Most established characters have family that looks like them in a costume. Normally when we meet a female relative of a male character, it looks like them in drag, but we don't get many male relatives of female characters who look like male versions of them. Of course most one-shot Anything Muppet families have each member look different.

But with Bob and Minneapolis, they do bring up how different they are, but don't really do anything to showcase anything they have in common. Of course the two are shown to want to stay together, with Bob asking Minneapolis to stay while Minneapolis tries to talk Bob into traveling with him, and neither wants to change just to be together, I guess that's something in common.

The only other family segment I can think of that is more about differences is when Ernie tries to find what he and Ernestine have in common. But then again, that one does end with him finding one thing they have in common.

SkyeFan

Reaction score
I just remembered that there was a time I found some magazine dated 1970 at an antiques store (it was up for auction, and of course I didn't win it) that featured some article about Sesame Street (I believe it was from around the time season 1 was winding down). It featured this interesting picture taken at the Muppet workshop. We see some Anything Muppets placed on a worktable such as a fat blue man and Betty Lou, but in the background propped up on another table was a lavender live-hand AM! That particular AM did not exist at all during the first season. I suppose it was built in preparation for the following season, since they need an Anything Muppet that can actually pickup and handle various props. It had weird monster-like eyes, dark fur trim over its shoulders, and I think it was also wearing a ship captain's hat. I guess someone was playing around with it in the workshop, just to try it out after it was built.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So I just noticed “Ladybug’s Picnic” first aired in a season 4 episode despite being listed as a season 3 song through numerous other sources (the 35th special, the first old school volume DVD, etc), and even having the obvious 1971 year date listed.

I feel like this is probably going to be an obvious answer, but I assume this is a case of the song being delayed a season.
That seems to be the case with quite a few segments. Especially some season 11 segments.

Sometimes I wonder if there should be a wiki page for segments known to have been taped during one season but held over a year or later.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I crazy, or didn't there used to be a version of the Bookworm song where the music actually continued playing after the song was finished, and was pulling back from the closed book in the library? I swear there was. . . .

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
No, you're right. It was used in #3973 at the very least.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Was Gloria Estaworm's Mambo song ever used on the show or was it an album only?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yes, as a part of the "Worm World Music Festival" in Episode 3448.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In painting little miniature sentient letters for my scale model, it struck me that so many Muppet letters are a golden yellow/pale orange color.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One of the original producers of the Dutch co-production SESAMSTRAAT, who created Pino (the Dutch Big Bird) said he always thought of the character as a giant penguin. Really, this one Pino puppet from the early 80s is the only one, I think, that even remotely looks penguin-ish: