Little things we've noticed

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That said, it certainly isn't something that happened recently. Look at these episodes and tell me the acting isn't "too much" (I'm mean, David crying over a ruined pot of soup?)
Lol, yeah that is true. We have seen a few times where David or Bob have basically had mental breakdowns from having to deal with the Muppets all day.
Their random outbursts actually kind of give their relationships with the Muppets a pretty dark connotation if you think about it too hard.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think that was something I pointed out a while back, wasn't it? How Alan seems a tad hammier in recent years than he used to? As for Chris, well . . . I always felt like his hamminess came more from just his enthusiasm of being on the show, which we all know he was ecstatic about becoming a castmember of when he was new.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I just learned when the Ernie and Bert skit at night time where Ernie pretends Bert is still at home aired in episode 3159 where new music was added..... that was actually the last time it ever aired. Shame, because the music in that skit actually added some emotion and humor to it.

Makes me grateful I was able to catch that skit on my now-gone SS compilation skit tape from season 25 when I was a baby.

SkyeFan

Reaction score
I've noticed something while seeing the closing credits for the 25th anniversary special "Stars and Street Forever". Muppet performers (who were all credited in season 25) such as Peter Linz, Noel MacNeal, Carmen Osbahr, Alice Dinnean, and Jim Martin were not credited at the end of this special, and I believe that was due to the fact that they were all on the West Coast working on another PBS program called "The Puzzle Place". Since this show was produced in Los Angeles. by that city's PBS affiliate, KCET, those puppeteers probably did not start working on that show until Sesame Street finished its 25th season. Same thing can be said for this one Nickelodeon program that began production around the same time (1994) called "Allegra's Window", which was produced in Orlando, Florida at Nickelodeon Studios, and included some other Muppet performers, as well, such as Marty Robinson.

Last edited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One of my new favorite classic songs (meaning I hadn't really heard it until recently) is "A Sibling" from the episode where Jeff Goldblum plays Bob's brother Minneapolis. But I'm noticing something odd about Minneapolis' parts that I can't quite pinpoint.

Is he singing bad? I don't think Jeff Goldblum is known for singing (in my copy of Video Movie Guide, Earth Girls are Easy is listed in the "musicals" chapter, though that movie really only has three musical numbers, and Goldblum's character doesn't sing in any of those). Sometimes I can tell bad singing, but there's been a lot of times when characters were supposed to be bad singers, for comedy or drama, and I often don't notice it's bad until somebody online talks about their bad singing. Is he supposed to be singing badly, as a contrast with Bob, who is a great singer? On another note, could it be that he's not a bad singer but poor compared to Bob?

There is the fact that Bob is known for singing greatly (and it's discussed in the episode) while Minneapolis is more of an adventurer, and the fact that they are different, so perhaps this is to further emphasis how different they are. Bob feels more natural while Minneapolis seems to be singing off the top of his head (if I'm making sense). His rhymes feel either forced or barely rhyme (and his verses seem a big long in comparison). There's also him stretching out the sounds as he's singing, not really bad, but the flow sounds a little off compared to Bob.

Or is he singing in a different way than Bob, within the same song?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I noticed on Muppet Wiki an image of Sally Sanchez alongside a cat, and I noticed just now that the hairstyle and outfit, and Anything Muppet type, looks a lot like the Anything Muppet girl seen in the "Upside Down Number 11" sketch. And in both sketches, the girl can speak English and Spanish. Anyone notice this?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Is he singing bad? I don't think Jeff Goldblum is known for singing (in my copy of Video Movie Guide, Earth Girls are Easy is listed in the "musicals" chapter, though that movie really only has three musical numbers, and Goldblum's character doesn't sing in any of those). Sometimes I can tell bad singing, but there's been a lot of times when characters were supposed to be bad singers, for comedy or drama, and I often don't notice it's bad until somebody online talks about their bad singing. Is he supposed to be singing badly, as a contrast with Bob, who is a great singer? On another note, could it be that he's not a bad singer but poor compared to Bob?
Yes, it is. He's definitely not a singer and he's just "riffing" to try and disguise that fact.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I just noticed the pumpkin in the fairy tale skit with Prairie has eye lids.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I just noticed “Ladybug’s Picnic” first aired in a season 4 episode despite being listed as a season 3 song through numerous other sources (the 35th special, the first old school volume DVD, etc), and even having the obvious 1971 year date listed.

I feel like this is probably going to be an obvious answer, but I assume this is a case of the song being delayed a season.

Last edited: