Learn Something New Everyday Thread

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I just realized that the song Big Bird and the Beast sing in the Birdie and the Beast episode is a parody of the Something There song from the Disney movie, Beauty and the Beast. I guess it's not one of those songs from the movie that sticks with me, even though the song from Sesame is catchy.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So apparently, WGBH in Boston, Massachusetts is still airing Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.

Go figure though because my PBS affiliate which is NHPBS dropped the show altogether a few years ago.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently COPS was still a show, because it's just been canceled amid all of these protests. I honestly can't even remember the last time I even watched that show.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My mom was still surprised to find out that it was a show when I told her the news yesterday.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently Trump likes to eat a lot of fast food, because he thinks it makes him seem more like any other ordinary American.

Any Del

Reaction score
Trump always ate a lot of fast foods. Never thought that was the reason to make him more American.

cjd874

Reaction score
Apparently Trump likes to eat a lot of fast food, because he thinks it makes him seem more like any other ordinary American.
Fast food is good in the moment...but a prolonged diet of it has taxing effects. I know this because my grandfather and dad do not have good eating habits. They've had health setbacks as a result: mental decline, sluggishness, etc. Grandpa had a stroke thirteen years ago and is now confined to a wheelchair. Then Dad had one three years ago, and his memory has suffered.

If Trump continues down that road, he might have a similar fate. Maybe he should watch Super Size Me!

D'Snowth

Reaction score

So, all of you who have complained over the years about me being a negative pessimist, I'll still be alive and kicking while you're six feet under. :stick_out_tongue: