Learn Something New Everyday Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Thanks to Adam Kreutinger and PUPPET TEARS, we now know what the actual Shadow puppet from BITBBH actually looks like:
Whoa. That's...interesting. I actually thought you were talking about the little mustached puppet for a second.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lawson on RECESS was voiced by the same kid who voiced Sid in TOY STORY.

Now that I know that, I can't not hear a little bit of Sid in Lawson.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
And I believe that the voice of Gelman The Bully was also Harold on Hey Arnold.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess none of this should really come as much of a surprise, but for most Americans, their diet and exercize plans haven't changed a whole lot since the 80s, yet it's harder for people to lose weight now than it was in the 80s. Research has turned up a few causes they believe are linked to this:

1. Since the 80s, more and more meat products have been treated with antibiotics, hormones, and other additives that can contribute to weight gain.
2. Since the 80s, more and more food packaging has toxins and other impurities in them that the food in the package can absorb, and which can contribute to weight gain.
3. Since the 80s, more and more Americans are on medications like anti-depressants, and weight gain can be a side effectof those kinds of medications.

So, like I said - this really shouldn't be too surprising, but it's enlightening.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So on Ivy Austin's Muppet Wiki page, I found this little tidbit out.

Austin recalled the only times she was actually on the Sesame Street set was for performances by Nathan Lane and Diana Krall (both of which involved the Oinker Sisters).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I've been in my house two months now, and found a mouse living in the walls. For the past few days I keep hearing this rustling sound. We don't have any open food laying around, so he must be coming inside now it's getting cooler. The house is a hundred years old and close to the woods, so critters might want to stop by.
But I found instead of calling an exterminator or setting traps, I plug up the hole with Brillo pads. Mice don't like the taste of soap, so they'll somewhere else to go.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Found a rather interesting Beatles/Muppet connection via the Wiki, regarding the
late Dutch actor Hans Boskamp:

He was a good friend of John Lennon. When Lennon and Yoko Ono wanted to protest against the Vietnam War, Hans Boskamp suggested the idea to hold their first of two Bed-Ins for Peace in the Dutch capital, Amsterdam, and personally arranged their stay in the Amsterdam Hilton Hotel.

Hans Boskamp was also the Dutch voice actor for Oscar the Grouch.

In a way ..... Oscar was good friends with, and helped John Lennon.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Reading the play The Crucible. Apparently during the Salem Witch Trials, they executed a man by crushing him to death with gigantic rocks. Also, crushing in many different ways was used in several parts of the world. In several parts of Asia, including India, one method of execution was being crushed by an elephant! yikes!
Also, apparently, during the Witch Trials they even convicted and hanged dogs for witchcraft!