Learn Something New Everyday Thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Wasn't one of the ladies from Thelma & Louise in the live action version of Beetlejuice?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Winnie the Pooh was based off a real bear. Plenty of people know that he was named after one of A.A. Milne's son's stuffed animals but that toy was actually inspired by a real bear. The bear was a traveling circus animal who had a toy made of him due to his popularity with the kids. A. A. Milne and his son Christopher Robin went to the circus together and his dad got the toy that would eventually become the inspiration for Pooh as a souvenir.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently in the original version of the script for the first HOME ALONE movie, Uncle Frank actually had connections with the Wet Bandits and arranged for them to rob the McAllisters' house while they were on vacation, hence why Harry and Marv zero in on their house in the neighborhood in particular.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Apparently in the original version of the script for the first HOME ALONE movie, Uncle Frank actually had connections with the Wet Bandits and arranged for them to rob the McAllisters' house while they were on vacation, hence why Harry and Marv zero in on their house in the neighborhood in particular.
That actually could've been an interesting angle. Maybe not Uncle Frank actually having anything to do with the robbery itself, but if the Wet Bandits had been a family friend or a colleague of one of the McAllisters.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently after finishing recording lines for THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER, Jon Lovitz went back to SNL before they recorded any of the songs, so Jerry Rees had to perform Radio's singing voice . . . which explains why Radio's singing voice always seemed noticably different from his speaking voice compared to the other characters.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey @fuzzygobo, here's something I learned that you'll probably be interested in learning as well.

So, remember on M*A*S*H when Klinger had an invisible camel named Habeebee? Well, apparently once upon a time, Jamie Farr and his wife wrote a children's book about Habeebee, his camel wife Habeeba, and their camel baby Hababy, and apparently their ancestors were the camels that carried the Wisemen to see Baby Jesus.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Hey @fuzzygobo, here's something I learned that you'll probably be interested in learning as well.

So, remember on M*A*S*H when Klinger had an invisible camel named Habeebee? Well, apparently once upon a time, Jamie Farr and his wife wrote a children's book about Habeebee, his camel wife Habeeba, and their camel baby Hababy, and apparently their ancestors were the camels that carried the Wisemen to see Baby Jesus.
That is neat. Also that Jamie Farr actually served in Korea.
If I ever got to meet him, I'd like to ask him what his favorite dress was.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I learned that this isn't an original family guy song. But is still really catchy

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I learned today that the oldest surviving grocery chain in the United States is actually Piggly Wiggly, the first store opened in 1916. Personally, I don't really like Piggly Wiggly, but it is really known for modernizing grocery shopping to the format that we have today.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't even know what Piggly Wiggly is like, we don't have them where I live.

Then again, we don't have 7-11 either, though I know they're a major convenience chain.

It's funny how we're a major city, yet we have more local chains and such than we do major national chains.