1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Learn Something New Everyday Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Jul 21, 2013.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

All these years, I thought it was "rod iron," since so many fences made from the material have thin posts, like, well, rods. But, turns out, it's "wrought iron."

newsmanfan likes this.
  2. D'Snowth

Miley Cyrus has a little sister, and man that is one scary-looking *****!

3. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Yeah, she got plastic surgery.... And can't pull it off sorry to say.

But, whatever. It's her body. :smirk:

4. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Watch for the number of threatened flora species to rise with the decline of bees in this country. The EU banned Roundup and other Monsanto poisons for good reason.

5. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

A-HEM.

*has been living with my fiance for 4 years now*

Froggy Fool and Pig's Laundry like this.
  6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

There's apparently a re-recorded version of My Outer Space Friend that was used on SS according to Muppet Wiki.

Basically, it's just a piano that's replacing the keyboard/synthesizers of the original song.

7. D'Snowth

Three Dog Night's "One is the Loneliest Number" is actually a cover . . . I always thought it was the original!

Then again, it's only been in recent years that I learned Linda Ronstadt's "You're No Good" is also a cover.

Pig's Laundry and LittleJerry92 like this.
  8. MikaelaMuppet

I thought the same thing as well.

9. D'Snowth

The word "spoopy."

10. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

11. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

12. MikaelaMuppet

Here's something for you @D'Snowth.

We all know that Sesame Street (1969)'s Big Bird has a teddy bear, "Radar", which was named after Gary's M*A*S*H (1972) character.

But what you may not know is:

Gary Burghoff gave it to Big Bird as a gift after visiting the "Sesame Street" set in the 1970s.

newsmanfan and gavry3 like this.
  13. D'Snowth

No, I, surprisingly, had never heard that one before.

14. MikaelaMuppet

I didn't know that myself either.

15. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Everyone knows that Family Guy is an equal opportunity offender that has p*ssed off countless people but apparently one time, it even offended one of their own voice actors who appears in literally every episode yet: Patrick Warburton.

For those who aren't aware, Patrick is a very outspoken Christian who's strong in his beliefs. He claims that he normally doesn't care when they do jokes about religion and can always find some kind of satirical edge to those skits however there was one cutaway that really offended him.

He didn't specify what the cutaway was because he said that it bothered him so much, he doesn't even want to repeat it. Despite the lack of information, he did clarify that the joke was related to Jesus' death on the cross in one way or another but just left it at that and didn't give out any other details.

Patrick Warburton was quoted as saying to the show's staff,

"Please put that joke in a different f----ing episode that I'm not in. I don't want to be associated with that one scene whatsoever,".

Eventually the clip got canned anyway so he didn't have to worry about avoiding that particular episode like he had planned.

Patrick ended the article by saying that as much as he loves Family Guy, he occasionally changes the channel due to it being too blasphemous at times. Though he also stated that he would never consider leaving the show all together because they sometimes go too far (he then proceeded to sarcastically state Isaac Hayes leaving South Park for Scientology jokes as a negative example).

16. D'Snowth

My state has ranked eight in the top 10 worst states to live in for 2019.

17. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Neopets was originally going to be an adult humor site with a lot of cartoon blood instead of the kid's game that I grew up with. It's weird to find out that one of the highlights of my childhood was initially created to be a shock site :eek:

18. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

No it wasn't.

The site was originally built to be for teens/college students and was actually mostly a lot of pop culture jokes, like the neopets being designed/named after celebrities

It was never a shock site

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  19. D'Snowth

Dr. Seuss disliked the animated adaptation of HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS! because he felt the animation style looked too much like, well, Chuck Jones's style, and that it deviated too much from his original illustrations.

It kind of makes sense when you think about it, and I don't doubt this is why De-Patie-Freleng animated other Dr. Seuss specials, since they seemed to stick more closely to Dr. Seuss's drawing style.

20. D'Snowth

I already knew I shared my birthday with Paul Lynde and Tim Allen, but I learned that I also share it with the late Mary Wickes, as well as the Olsen twins, Kat Denning . . . and Bob McGrath!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    newsmanfan likes this.