Is anyone interested in a great books thread?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I'm still reading the Dune series,presently(almost) halfway through Children of Dune.I also had time to read Five People That You Meet in Heaven,while at work.Very moving book,I highly recommend it.:smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I've been wanting to read "Five People..." I taped the movie on Sunday and am waiting for a chance to watch it.
Erin

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I've been wanting to read "Five People..." I taped the movie on Sunday and am waiting for a chance to watch it.
Erin
I did the same as you Erin & taped it.I watched it last night,made me cry a lot; was very inspiring. I hope you like it.

christyb

Reaction score
A book I recommend is The Princess Bride. Both the orginal and abridged versions. However I really didn't care for the movie. Oh well.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
christyb said:
A book I recommend is The Princess Bride. Both the orginal and abridged versions. However I really didn't care for the movie. Oh well.
Just for the record... There is no "original" version, just the "abridged" or "good parts" version. That's the only version there ever was--the "original" version is a hoax...

:big_grin:

Whatever

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Just for the record... There is no "original" version, just the "abridged" or "good parts" version. That's the only version there ever was--the "original" version is a hoax...

:big_grin:
Right, but it's awesome.

christyb

Reaction score
Boy am I confused. Ok here's what I meant. But please clarify for my brain (which is having one of those short circuit days) what you meant. I have read both the good parts version and a copy by what is supposedly the orginal author Morganstern something or other. That's what I meant by orginal and abridged. So what do you mean by hoax?? Boy am I confused.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
You *read* S. Morgenstern's version?? :confused: See, when I first read "The Princess Bride," I believed the narrator and thought it was based on a really old and overly long book by S. Morgenstern, but my dad told me that this was an unreliable narrator and I had been taken in. But if there is a supposed original floating around somewhere... Hm. Perplexing.
Erin

christyb

Reaction score
Well... I read the goodparts version a while back. Then I was browsing through my university library here and found a book titled The Princess Bride by: S. Morgenstern. So I picked it up and read it. It has all the parts that the 'good parts' version including the ones that he said he cut out. So now ya'll got me wondering. What the heck did I read??