Interesting Gulf War News

tomahawk

Reaction score
I am wondering where this huge threat to Americas freedom is. People keep saying Saddam was threatening our freedoms. How? Was he stopping you from buying Muppet figures? Was he stopping you from purchasing that c.d. that has some bad words in it? Was he stopping you from using your freedom of choice over whether or not your government is right or wrong? Was he stopping you from dressing the way you want? Please let me know. If it were just the threat that it could happen, than thats another story. Man, didn't we just have one of our own soldiers grenade his own troops and kill one and wound 15. Lets find out what town he's from. Maybe there is a larger threat there than we have been privy to. Or lets go bomb the **** out of Saudi Arabia because 11 of the 15 hijackers from Sept. 11 were from there.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kim

Violence at a peace protest could be the very definition of hypocrisy. I think you'd have a different impression if this were in your back yard every day.

Violence at a protest has nothing to do with the action overseas. The message that the destructive protesters are sending is that they aren’t more enlightened or have any better answers to solve their issues than the US government. Whatever side you fall on the debate, that’s a moot point.

I have said it several times, I pray that there is no more loss of life - from either side of the conflict.

(BTW, not all the protesters are violent and they cast shame on those who are actually out there, spending their time to encourage peace.)

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
(BTW, not all the protesters are violent and they cast shame on those who are actually out there, spending their time to encourage peace.)
Hi Jamie, i'm a little mixed up on what you said here, nothing againts you or anything, i'm just not sure what you ment by it?

your saying the protesters that are violent (throwing glass bottles, punching, threating) are casting same on say families walk peacfuly protesting the war just to be heard but not cause a ruckus and no one is getting hurt in the process. Now that i read you post again, i think i understand, i just got mixed up, buy why delete a perfect post when i'm almost done with it?:wink:

Yes i can see that's what you are saying and I agree with that.

Zack)Rowlf the, most people here know i'm mixed up all the time:halo: Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I haven't deleted any posts. I did add corrections in grammar and spelling on the last one, but nothing was deleted. Should have rephrased the last statement. It is confusing, but rather simple to understand using a little deductive reasoning. Let's not get into spelling and grammar, dog. LOL! :wink:

To be clear. Some protesters are behaving appropriately in order to communicate the peace they want for Iraq. Many others are being violent. The violent ones are making the whole movement look bad. I have no problem with demonstrations of any sort as long as they are peaceful, orderly and there is no vomit involved.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There has been some positive discussion and heated words in this thread. As with all important and controversial topics, you can debate the content of an individual's posts, but do not make personal attacks on someone because of their views, whatever they are. Everyone's opinions are just as valid as someone else. Don't cross the line and make personal judgments or attacks about another individual. The "General Discussion" folder is here for you to discuss whatever you want, but without personal attacks towards other members. If you overstep the bounds, moderators will give you a warning and take appropriate action if necessary. If a moderator edits a post, they will explain why.

Keep in mind that some members visit this forum to get away from the war, not necessarily to be reminded of the debate surrounding it. As a nation that values freedom, we need to be respectful of all views. We don't have to agree, but the bottom line is that we do need to make an extra effort to respect others throughout these conversations and the perilous times that we live.

radionate

Reaction score
I just want to pop in to show one thing and say something.

This isn't a show or a game. Its about people. Real people. On both sides.

People that are scared and unsure, and uncertain.

Please look at this picture:

US Solider with children

The man in that picture is the son of a friend of mine here in Oxford. While on patrol he found those two little girls trembling in the bushes. Scared to death. He then knelt down to comfort them.

I think everyone needs to chill out and reflect. I know I'm saying a prayer for all three of those people. Regardless of political views, religion, or what I feel is right or wrong.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog

the exidents or mistakes that have happend so far are really heartbraking, i have already heard of 4 helicopter crashes, a plane shot down by mistake, the whole horrifing troop member throwing bombs in are own tents killing one and wonding 15 makes me sick, and today i just heard of someone from my home town and city was killed due to a gun going off by mistake...

Don't forget the soldiers who drowned while trying to gather water to purify...

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Don't forget the soldiers who drowned while trying to gather water to purify...
I hadn't have heard that yet Jess, I have heard the water is very bad there, whatever the case they are still Vetrens and are respected, unless they are attacking there oun troops such and the one who was out of his mind throwing bombs in tents, you can't have respect for someone like that now.

Let's not get into spelling and grammar, dog. LOL!
I didn't say anything againts your spelling Jamie, honest! I just wasn't sure. I know i've got bad spelling:smile:

zachary,

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Poor grammar keeps getting through my spell check! I have a highschool and college degree. Really, I do! :eek: :embarrassed:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
If that was true, you'd realize "highschool" is spelled "high school," spell check boy.