In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Forget about it Bo... Just stick with the script... Er, um, speculative discussion of the movie that is.

Though I kind of like the idea of having Doc appear at the end for just a few lines like Jim in MFC if his health doesn't allow for anything else...
If it's possible, I'd prefer to have Doc in a more familiar role, having appearances at both the beginning and/or ending of the movie anchoring the silliness of the adventure with a bit of realistic silly human perspective.

But of course, it's rully a matter of Doc's health determining what'll happen... I just hope for the best.

lizroberts

Reaction score
I think a film of Fraggile Rock would be great. I am looking forward to it if they really do do it.

Hope so fingers crossed.

Liz

CoOKiE

Reaction score
OK Wes, we've moved on from it, thnx.

Dil and Speed both have good ideas here... While i can picture the amazment of the Fraggles Looking about the world riding on Sprockets back, i do not however think that Sprocket is big enough to carry all od the fraggles... Sorry, but someones walkin.

I already gave my thought on Docs involvment.. but i'll state it once more. I think that he should have an appearence at the end... like a surprise. Maybe he sees the Fraggles on tv or something out in public and ha ssomething to say after the moral of the story is pointed out. Maybe Gobo will have a speech at the end, and as everyones cheer'n, Doc, in the crowd, should say something.

With his old age, we cant expect alot... BUT lets get this show on the road here if we want him in it... C'MON!

Sprockets involvment should kinda stay with Doc. I know he was a big character, but i think for this movie we should only focus on the Fraggles. Maybe Trash Heap says something that makes them think to go out into the world, and thats her part in the film.

Maye too much imagination givin here.. but what if they have to stop Jr who has found his way to "outer space"... dont n e one shoo me off! Its a thought.

But i do think that there should be people characters... mainly kids, who are involved througout the story. It would be heartwarming to see them say goodbye as they go back to Fraggle Rock.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Forget about it Bo... Just stick with the script... Er, um, speculative discussion of the movie that is.

Though I kind of like the idea of having Doc appear at the end for just a few lines like Jim in MFC if his health doesn't allow for anything else...
If it's possible, I'd prefer to have Doc in a more familiar role, having appearances at both the beginning and/or ending of the movie anchoring the silliness of the adventure with a bit of realistic silly human perspective.

But of course, it's rully a matter of Doc's health determining what'll happen... I just hope for the best.

That's exactly what I was thinking, Ed. Have Doc appear in the beginning and end, sort of bookending everything, if not in more of the film. I don't think I want Doc in it unless Gerry Parks plays the part. He cannot be replaced. If he is unable to physically appear, some kind of reference to him must be paid.

BEAR

Reaction score
Cookie, there absolutely MUST be real human characters in the film. That's one of the main things that makes "outer space" worth exploring. I mean, we're the "silly creatures" right?

Faylo

Reaction score
Yeah, it wouldn't make sense if they were to go out into our world and not have at least one encounter with a "Silly Creature".

Hey.. maybe us MC members can be the cameo silly creatures! haha :excited:

Luke

Reaction score
wes said:
and have we herd of Doc being in the movie?
Maybe they won't use Doc, seeing as Doc was only in the USA version and it'd basically mean that wherever they show the movie internationally nostalgic 20 somethings will kinda go "who?". I mean in the UK the fraggles lived in a lighthouse, so how do you suddenly explain them living in a workshop or whatever it was in the states? I think they'll find a way of getting the Fraggles into the outside world without using a human kinda bridging the gap. I can definitely see a Sprocket cameo tho!

beaker

Reaction score
Luke said:
Maybe they won't use Doc, seeing as Doc was only in the USA version and it'd basically mean that wherever they show the movie internationally nostalgic 20 somethings will kinda go "who?". I mean in the UK the fraggles lived in a lighthouse, so how do you suddenly explain them living in a workshop or whatever it was in the states? I think they'll find a way of getting the Fraggles into the outside world without using a human kinda bridging the gap. I can definitely see a Sprocket cameo tho!
Yes, but as we all know the Canadian version was the definitive canon:smile:

Um, and I hate shrinking ray/time travel/etc plot devices, so unless the Fraggles smoke a lot of Madam Trasheap ganja, "riding on the back of Sprocket" is something even the 1988 animated series wouldnt touch.

Faylo said:
Fraggle Rock was a show to promote peace in our world, and if I'm correct, the movie would have the same values as the TV show. I don't see how the gang going into space would solve this issue![/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
MFS was originally going to be "Muppets IN Space", and man that woulda stank.

Dil said:
No way!! The Fraggle Five should be on their own in their Human World Adventure.
I agree with this...show a little of Fraggle Cave world at the beginning, but as a major fan of Muppets Take Manhattan, I agree

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I haven't seen Fraggle Rock for such a long time but I liked it and I'd love to see this movie use all the characters I remember well including Doc and Sprocket. :smile:

Kiki

Reaction score
I can't wait either Marty. D'ya think it'll be realesed in Aus?? Ooh I sure hope so!! :excited: I mean there is absolutly *NO* Fraggley things in Aus... well, not where I live anywho. :smirk: :wink: