I just broke the top ten!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke

I just don't see that to be the case, but apparently you do. I have heard several complaints about unfriendly and negative posts lately and some of the ones in this thread seemed like they were deteriorating in that direction. I heard comments relating to people as new/old members rather than silly encouragement to get the post total to over 1000. Claiming anyone as a newby is a loaded statement in my view and I wanted to make sure that no one felt that there was any true competition.

BTW - Congratulations topping the list! :smile: It seems that people are posting here in record time. (Not that there's any competition to do so LOL)

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Im not slamming anyone here, And i have only read the last three posts here, so dont hate me.

I think that there is a race somewhat with Posts and i think its just killing the forum, And another thing killing it is all the newbies who come just to chat about the figures.

Not that its a bad thing, We are getting more Muppet supporters.

But i dont even know what i was gonna say now, so...

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Just that you visit the "other site". That is all
and you're saying you've NEVER once visited the "other site" ? You're really missing out on something then - i would say pretty much everyone has visited it at some time or another. Maybe it's like an STD - people go to the clinic but never talk about it ! ;-)

Originally posted by frogboy4
Claiming anyone as a newby is a loaded statement in my view and I wanted to make sure that no one felt that there was any true competition.
Cool - yeah i understand your opinions. If that was your reason then fine. I think it was kinda meant as a joke though but whatever. In my view, and this goes for everyone on the entire internet - people get the same treatment they give out to others and thats usually the reason why bad stuff happens.

Thanks for the congrats. Basically i type at over 100 WPM and also the TV biz is slow here over the Summer months so i get more downtime to spend developing my own stuff but it kinda blends into Muppety chat !! ;-)

Originally posted by Warrick
And another thing killing it is all the newbies who come just to chat about the figures.
I agree with you Warrick - we need ways of enticing people into stuff other than the figures. Most newer people (who we love dearly and do not discriminate against) have not quite got the idea that you 'Ask Ken' in 'Ask Ken' and many others post newsflashes about the figures seperately. I guess the new figure dedicated forum should help contain this seeing as one thread wasn't enough and other topics will be highlighted more, although it won't help THAT much because non-figure stuff will still move down to the bottom of the 'New Posts' list quickly. I guess a lot of people not into action figures (and there are MANY Muppets fans who are not merchandise collectors) may get really put off by this and move on elsewhere. Maybe Palisades should have their own forum on the official site for questions and news about the figures. Either that or MC have an entirely seperate mini site set up for 'Muppet Collecting' with its own seperate pages and forum script. A lot of the Simpsons sites do this and it works very well.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke

You're really missing out on something then - i would say pretty much everyone has visited it at some time or another. Maybe it's like an STD - people go to the clinic but never talk about it ! ;-)
Now there is a ringing endorsement if I ever heard one! Hey maybe Danny should put you in charge of advertising or something. Or we could start a thread over there entitled, "Ask Luke". I can see it now....

"Is a burning sensation normal when I post?"

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
What's so wrong about going to Toughpigs? I do it all the time.

radionate

Reaction score
I go too. Mainly to the main page, not the forum. There are a few people here that go over there I've noticed. But I'm not saying a word about my opinions of "the other place". They are mine and I best not share them. Unless of course I get goaded into it, then I'll squeal) lol! :big_grin:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
*pokes Radionate with a stick*

goadgoadgoad

Time to fess up, Mr. MC.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
*pokes Radionate with a stick*

goadgoadgoad

Time to fess up, Mr. MC.
Nah, I think I best not. Gonna let sleeping dogs lay. I will say this though. I find the "other place" website funny and fun. Especially the ugly Muppet stuff. That cracks me up. It is bookmarked on my computer even. I check it out at least once a week.