How Would You Feel If...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
This question is as good a gauge as I can think of in figuring the current climate of "true" Muppet fans (so to speak).

How would you feel if the current puppeteer line-up were to remake a classic Muppet film, like The Muppet Movie or The Muppets Take Manhattan?

Answer taking everything into consideration; the changes in cast, the change in corporate ownership, possible celebrity roles and cameos, etc.

Anyone who is familiar with my stance on the current state of Muppet affairs knows how I'd feel, so I'll withhold my response for now.

BEAR

Reaction score
Sorry, but that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. It is quite possibly the dumbest idea ever. Plus, it would never happen so it doesn't matter.

MWoO

Reaction score
Actually I thought of something like this too.

I for one would like to see this, but then again I would not like to see this. It's weird. It would be interesting to see how they would do it, but then again I don't want them to redo it. I would like to hear Steve try his hand at Rainbow Connection though and maybe hear the new Kermit and Fozzie do moving right along. Just to hear what that would sound like you know?

BEAR

Reaction score
I just don't understand what the point is. It is nothing new. All you are basically doing is redubbing the voices, which doesn't need to be done. Also, to me I feel it is disrespectful to Jim Henson's creations.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hmm. Well, the Muppet movies are pretty good as movies go, so my feelings are Don't mess with a Good Thing. it wouldn't really do any good to redo the movies, really. I'm sure the current puppeteers would do a bang-up job, if it were to happen, though. They're all really good and are carrying the Muppets along nicely (which is why it irritates me when people criticise the Muppeteer's performances. Darnit people, they're doing great and they're keeping the Muppets from being stagnant so don't complain, I say).
But thinking of the Muppet performers, I'm sure they'd rather do new materiel as well.

MWoO

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I just don't understand what the point is. It is nothing new. All you are basically doing is redubbing the voices, which doesn't need to be done. Also, to me I feel it is disrespectful to Jim Henson's creations.
It's not like it is actually being done. It's just an interesting thought.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
If it's just for songs, the new guys can always perform them on a television special or something, otherwise; this idea is like saying it wasn't good enough the first time. I think I would never watch another thing the Muppets ever did again if they pulled a stunt like that.

MWoO

Reaction score
No, it is not saying it was not good enough. It is asking if the chemistry would be the same or better or worse. If the performers can stand up to those who came before them.

Geeze, it's just an idea to think about people.

BEAR

Reaction score
MWoO said:
No, it is not saying it was not good enough. It is asking if the chemistry would be the same or better or worse. If the performers can stand up to those who came before them.

Geeze, it's just an idea to think about people.
Never come up with an idea like that ever again. lol. Just teasing.

To me it would just be a huge waste of time to re-record voices that were perfect before. Plus, I think it would take away from the charm that the original has to just do it again. Also, you can't really recreate that because so much of it was spontaneous when it comes to the Muppets. They go off script and to try and imitate the creativity from that would not be so authentic. I am probably NOT making sense. Sorry. I need a nap.