How Would You Feel If...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I'll say this much: I agree, it is a terrible idea.

But with everyone in such glee over these latest Muppet productions, I had to see where the line is drawn.

Please continue.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have thought that it might be funny if Disney wanted to do The Muppet Movie 1 1/2, similar to The Lion King 1 1/2. It could be hosted by Rizzo and Pepe, since they weren't around when the muppet movie was released.

of course, an idea like that could work well for statler and waldorf, or it could be the point of view of Gonzo, Fozzie or Miss Piggy. Show how fozzies uncle left him his studebaker, or how Miss Piggy entered the beaty contest, or why Gonzo became a plumber. I am not sure if disney would make a movie on the point of views of Rowlf, Scooter, The Electric Mayhem, Sweetums, or Bunsen and Beaker.

if a remake was made, I wouldn't be surprised if bear had a cameo (instead of big bird).

I also thought it would be funny if there was a movie where kermit wanted to make a movie version of Manhattan Melodies. Maybe call it "The Muppets take Manhattan II: Manhattan Melodies: the movie".

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I have thought that it might be funny if Disney wanted to do The Muppet Movie 1 1/2, similar to The Lion King 1 1/2. It could be hosted by Rizzo and Pepe, since they weren't around when the muppet movie was released.

of course, an idea like that could work well for statler and waldorf, or it could be the point of view of Gonzo, Fozzie or Miss Piggy. Show how fozzies uncle left him his studebaker, or how Miss Piggy entered the beaty contest, or why Gonzo became a plumber. I am not sure if disney would make a movie on the point of views of Rowlf, Scooter, The Electric Mayhem, Sweetums, or Bunsen and Beaker.

if a remake was made, I wouldn't be surprised if bear had a cameo (instead of big bird).

I also thought it would be funny if there was a movie where kermit wanted to make a movie version of Manhattan Melodies. Maybe call it "The Muppets take Manhattan II: Manhattan Melodies: the movie".
Now this, to me, seems like an intriguing idea! Maybe not necessarily a 1 and 1/2 movie, but something that gives us the background of some of the other characters like Fozzie, Piggy, Rowlf, Scooter and the rest and where they came from. We already had Kermit's Swamp Years, how about Rowlf's Litter Days or something. That would be cute.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
manhattan melodies: the movie

minor muppetz said:
here is an outline for a possible movie idea in which a movie version of manhattan melodies gets made. if you work for the muppets holding company, or are associated with the muppets, then it might be best not to read this.

The Movie could begin with a new performance of manhattan melodies (introduced by either Clifford or Sam The Eagle), with the same main cast (but with pepe and rizzo included as well). statler and waldorf could comment on the show a few times, and the electric mayhem would be in the orchestra, with Nigel conducting and Lips playing trumpet the band. There would be some significant changes, a few new songs, and a redone wedding (with Gonzo as the minister this time, and with the cast of Bear in the Big Blue House replacing the Sesame Street cast). There would also be a sequence with Johnny Fiama and Sal.

After the show, the muppets would walk backstage. Robin would congraduate kermit on another fine performance. Sal would act as kermits bodyguard as kermit talks to reporters, which would include a mix of celebrities and muppets (including the newsman, Fleet Scribbler, and some whatnots). one of them would suggest that the show should have a movie adaption, and kermit would agree.

Kermit would then have a press conference, where he announces that he is accepting offers for a Manhattan melodies movie, and many directors and producers meet with him, but there are many problems, including too many creative differences (maybe Frank Oz could make an on-screen cameo, saying that he already directed a similar movie), too many people rying to get out of paying too much, and other such problems.

Eventually, kermit would meet with a good producer to produce and direct the film the way that kermit wanted it to be made. However, the producer would be overworking the muppets, and would turn out to be a secret criminal mastermind. Pepe would find out on the day that the filming is finished, learn that the producer knows of a good way to get out of paying residuals, and tell kermit about the plan. The Muppets would get together to figure out how to stop the producer from his evil plans. After the producer gets arrested, the muppets would get their fair share of the profits, and the film would be released.

The main cast would be Kermit, fozzie, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepe, Scooter, camillia, Rowlf, Bobo, Johnny Fiama, Sal, Sweetums, Bunsen, beaker, bean, dr. teeth, Floyd, Animal, janice, Zoot, Lips, and Clifford, and there would also be a fair amount of screen time given to Seymour, Digit, Nigel The Director, Statler, Waldorf, Foo Foo, Robin, leon, pops, beauregard, dr. phil van neuter, mulch, waldo c. graphic, lew zeland, the swedish chef, Crazy harry, Link Hogthrob, and Dr. Strangepork (all of these characters would have many lines and would either work backstage on the show or would appear throughout the movie, but wouldn't be trying to stop the enemies). There would also be cameos by the mutations, doglion, Zippety Zap, the newsman, Fleet Scribbler, Louis kazagger, and lobbock lou and his jughuggers. besides the many characters at the wedding, there would be background appearances by Nigel The Conductor, Zhondra, Ubu, Chip, Mildred, George The janitor, Hilda, Gladys The Canteen Lady, Gaffer, and Lindberg throughout the movie.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Wow, you sure put a lot of thought into that! I'm having a little trouble imagining it, but it sounds pretty darn cool to me!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Wow, you sure put a lot of thought into that! I'm having a little trouble imagining it, but it sounds pretty darn cool to me!
yeah, I am also having trouble imagining most of it. I uess it would be like a mix of The Muppets take manhattan (the idea of turning manhattan melodies into a movie), The great Muppet caper (a lot of muppets teaming togetehr to stop a bad guy), Muppets from Space (again, the muppets teaming to stop the villians), and It's a very merry Muppet christmas Movie (pepe finding out that the villian is bad), with a bit of The Producers thrown in.

This would be how the performers cast listing would be shown: (note: this includes recasts that haven't happened, so i am not sure if some choices would be good or not)

•Steve Whitmire as kermit The frog, Rizzo The rat, bean Bunny, beaker, Foo Foo, Lips, Statler, Waldo C. Graphic and Link Hogthrob.
•Eric Jacopson as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Sam The eagle, Doglion and Pops.
•Dave Goelz as The Great Gonzo, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Zoot, beauregard, Waldorf, and Digit.
•Bill Barretta as Pepe The Prawn, Johnny fiama, Rowlf, Bobo, Dr. Teeth, Lew Zeland, The swedish Chef, and Zippety zap.
•Brian henson as sal manillia, janice, The newsman, Robin, Nigel The Director, Seymour The Elephant, and Dr. Phil Van neuter.
•John Kennedy as Floyd Pepper, and Louis kazagger.
•Rickey Boyd as Scooter, dr. Strangepork and Crazy harry.
•Alice dennon vernon as camillia.
•John Henson as Sweetums.
•Kevin Clash as Clifford, leon, and Mulch.
•Noel McNeil as Bear.

what do you think of this listing (yeah, I know robin, pops, dr. strangepork and louis kazager haven't been given new performers, that lew zeland has only been performed by bill barretta once, and that john kennedy hasn't vocally performed floyd yet)?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Other than the fact that thi is a horrible idea, the real question is, "Why Bother?"

What would they have to gain, and what would be the point? As iffy as the newer projects are, why would they need to remake movies they already did?

dpurves

Reaction score
No remakes of earlier movies, ever. However, I certainly see a lot of potential in the idea of continuing the other movies, since I've always been one of those people who wants to know "what next?" after I've enjoyed a movie.

I guess I'd much rather see some new, but good, material put out.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Here's my thoughts on this. I don't think the three original Muppet movies would need to be redone. They were fine the way they are. The closest we had to a remake of "The Muppet Movie" was "Kermit's Swamp Years" and that didn't work out too well. They should probably just leave the old movies alone. I do want to comment on something that was mentioned here before. I would like to hear the new puppateers sing some classic songs, such as Steve doing a rendition of "Rainbow Connection" or Steve and Eric doing "Moving Right Along." They wouldn't really have to make another movie on that. They could maybe do it on a talk show or a television appearance.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Other than the fact that thi is a horrible idea, the real question is, "Why Bother?"

What would they have to gain, and what would be the point? As iffy as the newer projects are, why would they need to remake movies they already did?
This is the correct answer.

And you nailed it sir; there is no point to such a terrible idea. I just wanted to see how all of the fans of the current productions would react. They argue for the Muppet's continued track with such vigor...I just wanted to see the responses.