Home Improvement fans

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I looked into online and found that these are the channels they're dropping from most services:

- UPtv
- We TV
- WGN
- Investigation Discovery
- Oxygen
- truTV (this would affect me if they still did WORLD'S DUMBEST...)

Evidently, these are the channels they're dropping from their more basic packages:

- Disney Channel
- Nickelodeon
- Cartoon Network
- Food Network

Good thing that doesn't affect us, because my mom almost lives on Food Network, and I still occasionally look at Nick for new episodes of ALVINNN!!! AND THE CHIPMUNKS (and I'll occasionally peak at THE LOUD HOUSE).

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, I looked into online and found that these are the channels they're dropping from most services:

- UPtv
- We TV
- WGN
- Investigation Discovery
- Oxygen
- truTV (this would affect me if they still did WORLD'S DUMBEST...)

Evidently, these are the channels they're dropping from their more basic packages:

- Disney Channel
- Nickelodeon
- Cartoon Network
- Food Network

Good thing that doesn't affect us, because my mom almost lives on Food Network, and I still occasionally look at Nick for new episodes of ALVINNN!!! AND THE CHIPMUNKS (and I'll occasionally peak at THE LOUD HOUSE).
We still have those channels except for WGN, We TV, Investigation Discovery, and UPtv.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Comcast sucks. My brother lives one county over from me, and Comcast seems to have an exclusive monopoly there (I thought that was illegal).
I'm just ten miles east of him, and we have better choices from Fios or optonline . If he wants to switch cable providers, he would have to move.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There are other providers for sure, yes, but at least in our case, we've had Comcast for so long (at least since the late 90s, because we previously had PrimeStar before it was bought out by Dish Network), and my mom's finally gotten to a point where she can actually negociate, barter, and work with customer service (it also helps that she'll make threats of moving to another service if she has to).

One thing I do miss is DSL from the phone company . . . unlike internet from the cable provider, your DSL connection was always separate from the phone line, so in case you ended up losing phone service, your internet connection wouldn't be affected; but with a cable provider, if they cut off one service, they cut everything off (cable, internet, phone, home security, etc). And honestly, DSL wasn't as prone to hiccups or unreliablity like a cable provider internet is.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
There are other providers for sure, yes, but at least in our case, we've had Comcast for so long (at least since the late 90s, because we previously had PrimeStar before it was bought out by Dish Network), and my mom's finally gotten to a point where she can actually negociate, barter, and work with customer service (it also helps that she'll make threats of moving to another service if she has to).

One thing I do miss is DSL from the phone company . . . unlike internet from the cable provider, your DSL connection was always separate from the phone line, so in case you ended up losing phone service, your internet connection wouldn't be affected; but with a cable provider, if they cut off one service, they cut everything off (cable, internet, phone, home security, etc). And honestly, DSL wasn't as prone to hiccups or unreliablity like a cable provider internet is.
Primestar was actually bought out by DirecTV.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Comcast sucks. My brother lives one county over from me, and Comcast seems to have an exclusive monopoly there (I thought that was illegal).
I'm just ten miles east of him, and we have better choices from Fios or optonline . If he wants to switch cable providers, he would have to move.
It does, and we almost considered getting Verizon FIOS as well.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Up here, the best deal seems to be Verizon for your phone and Optimum for cable and internet. Very few hassles.
But for my brother it doesn't really matter. With one daughter ready to go to college and another starting high school, my brother isn't home a lot for binge watching.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So we got UP TV back today all of a sudden. It was very unexpected, that's for sure.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We got some of our channels back as well: UPtv, truTV, and Oxygen; still no longer have WGN, Investigation Discovery, or We TV.