• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • 50th Anniversary Celebration
    Read fan reactions and let us know thoughts on Sesame Street's 50th anniversary special. The show debuts on PBS next Sunday at 7|6c and an official DVD is on the way.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Home Improvement fans

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My avatar is Tim Allen and Patricia Richardson who played Tim and Jill Taylor on the show, and I first became a fan of the show last year.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kind of/sort of the same here. I've seen an occasional episode here and there over the years, but I never really actually sat down and watched the show until sometime last year since it's been airing on UPtv. It's an amusing and entertaining little family sitcom, and this was really when Tim Allen was at his best, before he started getting more and more pseudo-political as he has in recent years.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Kind of/sort of the same here. I've seen an occasional episode here and there over the years, but I never really actually sat down and watched the show until sometime last year since it's been airing on UPtv. It's an amusing and entertaining little family sitcom, and this was really when Tim Allen was at his best, before he started getting more and more pseudo-political as he has in recent years.
I unfortunately no longer get UPtv anymore, so I’ve been having to watch it on Laff recently instead.

Mario500

Reaction score
I would not use the word "fan" to describe myself if I were to discuss a certain "show" I had often liked (such as what I had believed to had been the "Home Improvement" mentioned here).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
What word would be appropriate to describe yourself? "Geek"?

If you like something, even remotely, that makes you a fan. It's not a big mystery.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not necessarily. You can like something casually without being an actual fan, like if there are certain shows or movies that you can enjoy and may watch if they happen to be on at the moment, but they're not something you would necessarily go out of your way to watch whenever it's on a schedule.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, I'm a fan of ice cream, but I don't eat it every day. All I was trying to establish, if he likes the show, maybe even enjoys the show, but wouldn't call himself a fan, then what word would apply? Conneseur? Aficionado? What if you like Muppets but you don't write Fan Fiction, can you still be a fan? And to what degree?

Mario500

Reaction score
What word would be appropriate to describe yourself? "Geek"?

If you like something, even remotely, that makes you a fan. It's not a big mystery.
I would not use any word to describe myself if I were to discuss certain feelings of mine regarding certain "shows".