Home Improvement fans

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Oh, I thought you did, because you've PM'd me about it a few times in the past as well and used to post in the SEINFELD thread we have on here.
Oh, I thought you did, because you've PM'd me about it a few times in the past as well and used to post in the SEINFELD thread we have on here.
It was a long time ago though, so I know that it definitely wasn’t recent. And I don’t think that the Seinfeld thread has even been posted in a long time.

I did find what you mentioned in question though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I will say that I've picked up on a formula that most episodes seem to follow: Tim or Jill screw something up that upsets the other, but they fail to see where they were in the wrong themselves for screwing up in the first place; they confide in Wilson about their situation, while Wilson shares some words of wisdom, usually parables or other similar notes about other cultures, or obscure historical events; Tim or Jill then return to the other and try to relay to the other what Wilson just told them, usually mixing it up or misquoting him, but they get the jist of it all, apologize, and all is well.

Aside from that, I've detected some more familiar faces (and even a voice) on this show so far:
- Tim's old shop teacher played by Dick O'Neill, who I know appeared on M*A*S*H at least twice, both times as a cranky general, as I recall.
- Harry the hardware store owner played by Blake Clark, who's now the current voice of Slinky Dog since the passing of Jim Varney (with whom he was good friends with).
- Character actress Vicki Lewis as Binford's annoying daughter who took over producing duties on TOOL TIME for a season.
- There's an episode where a sexy reporter tries hitting on Tim in front of Jill; I believe she was the woman on SEINFELD George was trying to impress by pretending to be a marine biologist.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I will say that I've picked up on a formula that most episodes seem to follow: Tim or Jill screw something up that upsets the other, but they fail to see where they were in the wrong themselves for screwing up in the first place; they confide in Wilson about their situation, while Wilson shares some words of wisdom, usually parables or other similar notes about other cultures, or obscure historical events; Tim or Jill then return to the other and try to relay to the other what Wilson just told them, usually mixing it up or misquoting him, but they get the jist of it all, apologize, and all is well.

Aside from that, I've detected some more familiar faces (and even a voice) on this show so far:
- Tim's old shop teacher played by Dick O'Neill, who I know appeared on M*A*S*H at least twice, both times as a cranky general, as I recall.
- Harry the hardware store owner played by Blake Clark, who's now the current voice of Slinky Dog since the passing of Jim Varney (with whom he was good friends with).
- Character actress Vicki Lewis as Binford's annoying daughter who took over producing duties on TOOL TIME for a season.
- There's an episode where a sexy reporter tries hitting on Tim in front of Jill; I believe she was the woman on SEINFELD George was trying to impress by pretending to be a marine biologist.
I know that Dick O'Neill was in a lot of other things as well besides MASH and Home Improvement. He was also in a movie called The Taking Of Pelham 123 with the guy who played Wilson.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I just watched a majority of Season 6 last night, and honestly, I didn't really find too much of it weak, and actually enjoyed some of the episodes I saw. "Al's Video," "Whose Car Is It Anyway?," "The Toolman Delivers," "Workin' Man Blues," "The Flirting Game," and I even really liked the Rankin/Bass tribute segment in "The Wood, the Bad, and the Hungry."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This week, for whatever reason, UPtv skipped Season 7 and went to Season 8 instead, and . . . I will agree that it wasn't necessarily a laugh-out-loud funny season, I'm not so sure I would call it weak either - but definitely different and interesting. Skipping a season, it felt strange to see Brad and Mark suddenly all grown up (and Randy conspicuously absent altogether, for some reason). One thing I do like about the later seasons is how they went to great lengths to find new and creative ways to hide Wilson's face, aside from just behind the fence - even though it got a tad absurd at times (such as shopping in Harry's Hardware and holding every item he looks at up to his mouth, or going to a hockey game with Tim and Brad and holding all of his concessions up to his mouth as well).

The marathon ended with an episode where Al's mother dies of a heart attack, then went back to the pilot episode . . . it seemed like such a bizarre way to end the series, but I found out that that's actually not how the series ended, there are four more episodes that are omitted from the syndication package: the first three being a 3-parter in which Tim and Al quit TOOL TIME in protest of the new producer making so many changes to the show that they didn't agree with, while the Taylors relocate due to Jill's new job; then a proper finale that's basically a documentary with cast interviews, behind-the-scenes footage, bloopers, and Wilson finally revealing his whole face.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
This week, for whatever reason, UPtv skipped Season 7 and went to Season 8 instead, and . . . I will agree that it wasn't necessarily a laugh-out-loud funny season, I'm not so sure I would call it weak either - but definitely different and interesting. Skipping a season, it felt strange to see Brad and Mark suddenly all grown up (and Randy conspicuously absent altogether, for some reason). One thing I do like about the later seasons is how they went to great lengths to find new and creative ways to hide Wilson's face, aside from just behind the fence - even though it got a tad absurd at times (such as shopping in Harry's Hardware and holding every item he looks at up to his mouth, or going to a hockey game with Tim and Brad and holding all of his concessions up to his mouth as well).

The marathon ended with an episode where Al's mother dies of a heart attack, then went back to the pilot episode . . . it seemed like such a bizarre way to end the series, but I found out that that's actually not how the series ended, there are four more episodes that are omitted from the syndication package: the first three being a 3-parter in which Tim and Al quit TOOL TIME in protest of the new producer making so many changes to the show that they didn't agree with, while the Taylors relocate due to Jill's new job; then a proper finale that's basically a documentary with cast interviews, behind-the-scenes footage, bloopers, and Wilson finally revealing his whole face.
I wonder why Season 7 was skipped.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now my cable provider has dropped UPtv too; no more HOME IMPROVEMENT on Sundays (or AFV for that matter either).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Comcast, a.k.a. Xfinity. They just now dropped it, along with WGN, We TV, and a few others.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Comcast, a.k.a. Xfinity. They just now dropped it, along with WGN, We TV, and a few others.
I happen to have that as well, and those channels ended up getting dropped a couple of months ago before the holiday season started. The other channel happened to be Investigation Discovery.