• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • Sesame moves to HBO Max
    Sesame Street is moving to the new HBO Max streaming service for Seasons 51-55. HBO Max will also stream a broad collection of classic episodes from the past 50 years.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Hensonville City 2011

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Angie: Yes! I won't forget! 8D And, ooo, two Birthday cakes today?! =D

Johnny Fiama: Very nice to see you distribute again, Ed. The cake looks very delectable. Link will sure be very satisfied. Heh, heh... ;D

Sal Minella: Ha-cha-cha! I agree! :wink:

Johnny and Sal rolls in the cake to their apartment; Linda and Angie each grab one of Link's shoulders, and ushers him to where the surprise is being held. All of Link's roommates sing a special "Happy Birthday" to him...

Link Hogthrob: *sniffle, sniffle* This is all too surreal. :'D It's my Birthday, again. <3

Room 10: Happy Birthday to you... :sing:

Annie Sue (clad in a glittered bikini) makes her heart-racing cue, and jumps out of the cake; Link startles

Annie Sue: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LINKY-POO! *lusciously kisses Link on the lips* <3
Link Hogthrob: *blushing madly* Aw, Annie Sue... *patting his tears*
Annie Sue: *giggling girlishly* Oh, Linky. ^w^

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------
Rhonda: There's CAKE? And we forgot birthdays? Aw, peoples. *digs through emergency stash of gift cards*

How do you do that, anyway?

Rhonda: Do what?

Eat so much and stay so thin.

:news: Well, she can't be bulimic. Rats don't have a gag reflex.

*Rhonda, not looking up, pushes a button on a small remote control; a cream pie flings from the ceiling onto Newsie*
Rhonda: Guess again.

:news: *glowers through Boston cream*

Um...if you two are done clowning...shall we go up and wish the crooner and the hog happy birthdays?

Rhonda: Which one's which again? Remind me.

You're so cruel.

Rhonda: You love me for it. Here...one gift card for the local leather-goods store for Johnny. One card for the local tanning salon for Link.

:news: How did you even load a PIE in the ceiling? Upside-down??

Don't ask, amigo. Just don't ask.

Rhonda: Here. Allow me to demonstrate --

:news: *bolts for bedroom*

*sigh* All right, all right, enough, rat. Let me grab some ice cream to go with all that cake, and let's go say our happys.
-------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er... Because we were all out of snakes?
UD: And spiders, don't forget the spiders.
Right.
Hmm... *Thinks about Sam's tribute, the one he did for that VirMup video a few years back.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Link Hogthrob, Annie Sue, Johnny Fiama and Linda Mezzo all return home from a Birthday double-date

Annie Sue: Yum! Juhl's sure make the best pizzas. 8D

Link Hogthrob: And those mirrors were so edible. My reflection was never so clear, despite the cheese stuck to the mirror-part. D:

Linda Mezzo: Um, Link, those edible mirrors were plates. -_-

Johnny Fiama: Edible mirrors? Hmm, for once, Link, you amuse me...

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
*dropping off gift cards and ice cream for Johnny and Link*

Psst Sal...the yellow container has Chunky Monkey...
-----------

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Johnny Fiama: Leather Goods...

Link Hogthrob: Tanning Salon...

Johnny Fiama: Grazie, Kris. Grazie mille. <3

Link Hogthrob: My tan is handsomely too natural for a tanning bed, but it's a nice thought. Thank you so kindly, Kris.

Sal Minella: Hey, Johnny, look! Looky-look-look! There's a monkey on the ice cream logo! =D

Johnny Fiama: Cute. Cute, kid. -_-

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (looking at computer): O ... M ... G ... 2014 is now my most favorite year.

Cotterpin (mumbling in her sleep): MMMmmm ... if it doesn't suck ...

Wrench (glances at computer): Who's that?

Kelly (gets excited and jumps up and down): It's Angelina Jolie as Maleficent! How is that not absolutely awesome? I mean, she's not green, but gosh DANG she looks perfect! The movie is going to say why she gave a rat's behind about some birthday party. There's only one thing this movie could do to make it absolutely, positively, most awesomely epic perfect!

Wrench: What's that?

Cotterin (throws a pillow at them): Hadesshipping! Now either go to work or go back to bed!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Fannish grin. Was waiting to hear what Kelly thought of Joli as Maleficent, especially now that production's started and they put up the early photos of her in costume a couple of days ago at ign.filmforce.com
Agrees that it would be that extra bit epicker if there was Hadesshipping, if they add it in the film.
:batty: And remember, ve have Tim Burton to thank, as this comes from his slate after Alice 2010.
UD: And then there's Seth Graham Smith's slate to get through before possibly Beetlejuice 2.
Me: And the news of a potential new Sesame Street movie to get all three main branches of the Henson family in future film works.
UD: It'll certainly be a good time to go to the movies.
:batty: *Looks forward to Dark Knight Rises in a month's time.
*Ed looks forward to seeing Anne Hathaway's Catwoman.
*Uncle D looks forward to seeing how the League of Shadows figures into the plot.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Ernie: Hey Bert, check out this neat turntable Ellie has! *starts spinning a record on it*

Bert: That sounds awfully familiar...Play it normally this time.

Ernie: *let's the record play*

The record sounds so familiar because its Bert himself on the record, he can be heard singing 'Doin' The Pigeon'

Ernie: Look at that: it's you Bert, ol' buddy, ol' pal!

Bert: It is! Why is it on the turntable?

Ernie: *starts spinning both records* This is neat! Give it a shot Bert!

Bert: Well, if you insist. *tries his hand at spinning the records*

Ellie: *walks in to hear awesome scratching (the proper term for spinning records) going on* Whoa, go Bert! *claps* Ladies and gentleman: MC B-E-R-T. You could go pro Bert!

Bert: No, I...I couldn't...

Ernie: Sure you could Bert! *whips out a camera* Keep on going buddy!

Bert: ERNIE! *walks away from turntable*

Ernie: Oh Bert, don't be camera shy! *follows him*

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Today. Is. GOOD!

:news: Well...uh...good! *whispers to Rhonda* Why is it good?

Rhonda: Search me, Sherlock. Hey, you, with the gray streak you really should buy some hair color for, why's it such a happy day?

Pink: Mm. Cal-loo. Mn. Yip. Yip yip yip yip.
Blue: Cal-lay, yip. Yip yip yip yip yip uh-huh.

TODAY is a GOOD day because not only did I finish another chapter, not only did I actually get enough sleep for once, but I dreamt a short story and I'm gonna write it later!

:news: Oh! Um. That...that IS good. Er...what's it about?

You.

Rhonda *eyeroll* Didn't see THAT comin'.

:news: Er...m-me?

Yep. And July Fourth. And the forgotten role of Muppets in American history.

:news: Sounds...educational. *warming to it* Shall I inform Sam? Are we filming a documentary?

Rhonda: We can't. Tommy's on vacation.

And I'M on vacation after another week! An actual PAID one! And I might win a house! And I figured out how to sew boxer shorts! Woo hoo!

Rhonda: She's off the meds again...
---------------