Halloween is just around the corner

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Soooo . . . we can start talking about Halloween now. . . . :stick_out_tongue:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I can’t wait to show off my costume this year when Halloween approaches.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
y'know, for the longest time i never really appreciated Halloween - i guess because my birthday is two days after it so that kind of overshadowed it? idk

but for the past couple of years i've really come to love and this year i'm going all out in terms of decorations!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it? Judging from the TV ads today... Let me enjoy the month of October with all its monsters and ghosties and vampires and spooky cinematic family frights. I understand needing to promote stuff and get it done ahead of schedule so it'll be ready on time, but let me have October to trick and treat. Wait until November actually gets here before promoting your Thanksgiving competitions Food Network. I'll order my Cajun turkey after November gets here Popeye's. And then there's the shoving Christmas what with the other baking cook-off show and a goof-up in playing holiday music earlier today. Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent a little. :scary: :grr: :batty:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah. I actually saw a thrift store had a giant inflatable turkey wearing a pilgrim hat out in its front parking lot last week.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Now that we have our own house, my wife decorated every empty space with Halloween decorations. Lots of jack-o-lanterns, black cats and other light-up spookies.
I'll be home to hand out the candy to the kids. I got my pirate costume all set.
My wife is really big into decorating and putting up lights. This is a dry run for Christmas.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
One popular pastime in our town...
There is a stretch of railroad(trains don't come through any more) where years ago, a railroad worker walking the tracks got killed by a train.
Since then, he became known as the Hooker Man. Legend has it his ghost still walks the tracks, swinging a lantern in his hand.
Every Halloween since time eternal, young kids would take bottles of booze and flashlights and walk the tracks looking for him.Some claim they saw something, others have staged it to have a friend dress up as a ghost, hide behind a tree, and scare the crap out of people.
But people will be out performing this ritual again. If it's rainy or foggy, that's even better.