Halloween is just around the corner

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I saw that on Disney Channel at least once as a little kid in the early 90s . . . I remember they would occasionally air Dr. Seuss specials during the holiday season - I actually have THE LORAX taped from such a broadcast during a Halloween season . . . not really sure what that special has to do with Halloween, but still. . . .

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I feel like the title was thrown in at the last minute to match with its dark, spooky visuals and story..... but who knows.

EDIT: Oh wait, were you referring to the Lorax on the Halloween part?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe because the main character is orange and the ending is so dark and dreary maybe that’s why it was included

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There aren't too many songs associated with Halloween (as opposed to Christmas), apart from "Monster Mash". But I highly recommend The Who's "Boris the Spider".One of the coolest bass lines ever, and for a song recorded in 1966, the bass is unusually loud.
The Who were recording their second album ("A Quick One") and needed another song, and John Entwistle wrote it on the spot. The whole song was recorded in one take.Not a bad ten minutes' work.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are you kidding? Comcast's Sounds of the Seasons Music Choice channel has a whole playlist for Halloween songs every October! Granted, some of them aren't necessarily Halloween-related, and a lot of them are just science-fiction-related songs, or themes from movies like JAWS and such, but there's a ton of really fun Halloween and otherwise spooky songs and tunes I could list off. . . .

• "Ghostbusters" - Ray Parker, Jr.
  • "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" - Dave Edmunds
  • "Nightmare on My Street" - Fresh Prince and D.J. Jazzy Jeff
  • "Werewolves of London" - Warren Zevon
  • "Here Comes the Bride (of Frankenstein)" - Elvira and The B-52s
  • "Whistlin' Past the Graveyard" - Screamin' Jaw Hawkins
  • "It's Halloween" - GT
  • "The Mice, The Demons, and The Piggies" - Wolfgang Parker
  • "Dracula" - Bob Marley
  • "Vampires" - Christopher Lee
  • "A Monsters Convoy" - The Hillbilly Varmints
  • "Redneck Drac" - Dr. Elmo (the guy who did "Grandma Got Runover By a Reindeer")
  • "Purple People Eater" - Sheb Wooley
  • " Doin' the Zombie" - Chuck Berry
  • "Vampyre Erotica" - Inkubbus Sukkubbus
  • "Apparition" - Ken Elkinson
  • "The Ragtime Golbin Man" - Grant Raymond Barrett
And, of course, my personal favorite Halloween song, the Jonathan Richman tune that will easily get stuck in your head, and the song that inspired the creation of my short-lived webcomic miniseries of the same name, "Vampire Girl":

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So for those who missed it, It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown will be airing again on Sunday.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Are you kidding? Comcast's Sounds of the Seasons Music Choice channel has a whole playlist for Halloween songs every October! Granted, some of them aren't necessarily Halloween-related, and a lot of them are just science-fiction-related songs, or themes from movies like JAWS and such, but there's a ton of really fun Halloween and otherwise spooky songs and tunes I could list off. . . .

• "Ghostbusters" - Ray Parker, Jr.
  • "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" - Dave Edmunds
  • "Nightmare on My Street" - Fresh Prince and D.J. Jazzy Jeff
  • "Werewolves of London" - Warren Zevon
  • "Here Comes the Bride (of Frankenstein)" - Elvira and The B-52s
  • "Whistlin' Past the Graveyard" - Screamin' Jaw Hawkins
  • "It's Halloween" - GT
  • "The Mice, The Demons, and The Piggies" - Wolfgang Parker
  • "Dracula" - Bob Marley
  • "Vampires" - Christopher Lee
  • "A Monsters Convoy" - The Hillbilly Varmints
  • "Redneck Drac" - Dr. Elmo (the guy who did "Grandma Got Runover By a Reindeer")
  • "Purple People Eater" - Sheb Wooley
  • " Doin' the Zombie" - Chuck Berry
  • "Vampyre Erotica" - Inkubbus Sukkubbus
  • "Apparition" - Ken Elkinson
  • "The Ragtime Golbin Man" - Grant Raymond Barrett
And, of course, my personal favorite Halloween song, the Jonathan Richman tune that will easily get stuck in your head, and the song that inspired the creation of my short-lived webcomic miniseries of the same name, "Vampire Girl":
"Thriller".

Edit: I just looked at the world "thriller" for so long that I got semantic satiation.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I learned a while back that it's possible the video for "Thriller" may have actually been ripped off from Ray Parker, Jr.'s video for "The Other Woman," which was actually mostly banned from broadcast because said "other woman" in the video was white, and of course, interracial couples were still really taboo back then.