Goths, Punks, Freaks, and Muppets - Is it all Very Wrong?

ClubCreatures

Reaction score
Yep

Yeah, we're really proud of the movie thing :smile:

Our dream jobs:

Satori - Creatureshop employee :smile:
Zazoo - Writer for Henson

Actually Zazoo's 9-5 side -- Christopher, is a copywriter. He's VERY influenced my muppet style skits. (Think Sam & Friends or Henson's LaChoy stuff)

His radio spots are online here: http://www.conceptualcopywriter.com

You'll notice that he's got talking food and everything. He's just won 7 "Silver Microphones" for his most Henson inspired Frisch's Big Boy spots :smile:

-----------
About the NYC scene... People take things too far, and it went too far. Then the local government cracked down. That's why that scene died.
More Karma in action.

The rave thing's gone too far now too, and the federal government is getting ready to crack down on that...

----------
Yea! Have you been getting into this new "Electroclash" a return to the early, early 80's style electronic? Check out "Miss Kitten and The Hacker" if you get a chance. You'll love 'em.

Happy to be aboard. Muppet people are the best people. Not to judge non-muppet people. LOL

XXXOOO
Satori

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Actually Zazoo's 9-5 side -- Christopher, is a copywriter. He's VERY influenced my muppet style skits. (Think Sam & Friends or Henson's LaChoy stuff)
<<<

Oh my! Sam & Friends, La Choy ad spots...you guys are hardcore fans! hehe Creatureshop and JHC writers, not bad ambitions! I would love to see some new out there concepts and ideas pumped into JHC, they sure need it now than ever.
Thats why I loved the Jim Henson Hour so much. That show abounded with all kinds of geeks and subculture people(Digit, Zondra, etc)

>>>About the NYC scene... People take things too far, and it went too far. Then the local government cracked down. That's why that scene died.
More Karma in action. The rave thing's gone too far now too, and the federal government is getting ready to crack down on that...<<<

Yeah, especially when any media attention is negative. Between the drugs and people talking things too far, something once interesting can be depleted into a husk of what it once was.

>>>! Have you been getting into this new "Electroclash" a return to the early, early 80's style electronic? Check out "Miss Kitten and The Hacker" if you get a chance. You'll love 'em.<<<

Is that a new music genre? Im big on the new futurepop/ebm/synthpop sounds like vnv nation, apoptygma berzerk, covenant, and solder stuff like gary numan, depeche mode, human league, etc So just what are you crazy kids listening to these days Satori?

Happy to be aboard. Muppet people are the best people. Not to judge non-muppet people. LOL<<<

hehe, I had no idea til I went to Muppetfest! Hope to see ya at MF 2003!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
This will be my last post in this thread, but I just want to say one thing to our new friend:

<Um, yeah. Karma. You start it. It comes full circle. You cope. Happens to the best of us.>

How is it karma when I post my opinion and it gets totally bashed by everyone? Just because someone has an opinion on this board and people disagree with it, it becomes a mass attack. Well whatever, I'm sure you'll fit in fine with everyone on here, because it seems I'm the only person who thinks differently from everyone. Enjoy.

-Matt

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Well whatever, I'm sure you'll fit in fine with everyone on here, because it seems I'm the only person who thinks differently from everyone<<<

Well Cantus, I for am glad to see this thread evolve, so thanx for posting! Really, its a neat cursory examination of different ways of expressing onself through dress and clothes. thats been a huge part of the Muppets for nearly 50 years.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
And thank you Cory, for not bashing me upon my leave. It was an interesting debate for a while, and then it got personal, and yadda yadda yadda...anyway, thanks. And as I usually say when I am just done:

I am the Walrus - Koo Koo Kachu :smile:

-Matt

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I'm sorry to shouldnt have been so um cranky and I hope you know I'm not a girl(why does everyone think that)

ClubCreatures

Reaction score
I read the whole thread

Matt,

I read the whole thread... and I don't think that people were bashing YOU, I think they were bashing you attributing your opinion to Jim Henson, and to all muppet fans.

Also you stated that your opinion was fact. People were disputing this.

Reread your original post:
--------------------

I believe it is horrible. Jim Henson made these characters with the intent of happiness and humor, and these wannabe-devil children embrace it. I think its degrading to the characters, and to Jim. I think its a bit annoying to Muppet fans like ourselves to see these punks walking around in Beaker shirts with their friends dressed in Slayer and Sixty-Nyne Wives shirts. They did to the Muppets what they do to all the good in the world;slap it on merchadise to make a statement about innocence. That's a fact (I know some of these morons). So, thats my opinion. I'd like to hear anyone elses.

-Matt
---------------------

Are you saying that you didn't want to hear anyone elses opinions? Because if so what you should have said is:

"I'd like to hear back from the people who agree with me."

Your statement really did not offend me because I think it was made out of ignorance, not that you are stupid, just that you have a narrow frame of reference.

I think I came into this forum lightly and in a friendly manner to prove a point.
I wanted to broaden your frame of reference, so that you could base future opinions on more than the "some morons" that you know.

That's all. Really. I'm not here to contribute to your feeling of being bashed.

Satori

kansasteen14

Reaction score
also you really should stop trying trying to suck up to people after you post something and I'm not a girl

Natalie

Reaction score
oh poor Kansasteen, yeah, i don't know why it doesn't have a box that says check M/F on our profiles, really, it is an important thing when talking to other people! (although, with my name, i'm sure it's quite obvious!)

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Kansasteen, maybe your just too young and stupid to understand what a mutual respect is.. can ya say it with me muuutuuuaalllll respeecctt. Its more than that with me and Cory, being I consider him a friend on the board and I highly value his imput on any subject brought to the table. Don't attack me mister 14-year-old, because it can get you thrown off the board. I personally don't care if you dislike me, heck I'll admit I dislike you, and I don't think you do anything good for the board (even then I've said more than I like to one this sort of subject). But I keep my opinions of specific indivisuals to myself, being its A) Offensive to others on the board to hear personal complaints about anothers behavior, and B) it can degrade the esteem of the person in question. So, to sum it up plain and simple, if you don't like me, don't read or reply to my posts.

And to Satori, it all just sounded to me like people were more attacking me than my opinion. Thank you for clarifying and welcome to the board. :smile:

Ah, now I am done, and I feel a bit better, so

Koo Koo Kachu, to you and yours. :big_grin:

-Matt