Goths, Punks, Freaks, and Muppets - Is it all Very Wrong?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Not judging - some of those people are definitely put in there as humor. A buxom blond babe in a white tank top and sky blue eye shadow is not really considered Goth though she is certainly working the look she's got<<<

Hey, that sounds like a personal judgement call to me mister!:wink: You dont know, she might be really into Joy Division, Bauhuas,
Sisters of Mercy, the Cure, Misfits, Bowie and clove ciggarettes!

*cory, who finds the whole goth thing about as timely as the macarena*

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Eck...I hated the macarena. And since everyone down here was doing it, I think my head was going to explode. Luckily I wasn't that old at the peak of its popularity, so I didn't have too much trouble with it. :smile:

-Matt

ClubCreatures

Reaction score
Friends of Gonzo

What's wrong is judging someone on how they look or how they choose to look.

It's amazing that a fan of Jim Henson could have anything against any culture or subculture.

Freaks LOVE Jim Henson. Why? Jim Henson clearly stood for inclusion of all people, and 60's themes of peace and love of ALL living things run through all his work.

Muppets ripped on other muppets for being weird or different, but there was love underneath.

It's funny all I can think of when I read things like Alice = Good, Ozzy = Bad or "you must have just run into some good goths" is Sam the Eagle.
Jim Henson mocked this type of attitude by creating a judgmental character who called everyone else "weirdos" for everything that was "unamerican."

Jim Henson had a dark, gothic side that he explored in Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal. Were these Satanic films?

Silly. Really silly.

Here are a few sites of EXTREME muppet fans
Call us freaks, goths, punks or whatever... We're all professionals, with very successful careers, we're not Satanists and we're not Heroin addicts...

Zazoo & Satori : http://www.theclubcreatures.com
by day we're very successful Ad guys, by night, nightclub personalities known worldwide

Jojo - Hairstylist, Makeup Artist, Dollmaker. Learned his dollmaking from Greer Lankton, who did a stint with Henson studios. She sewed all the feathers on the original Big Bird.

Geoffrey Mac - http://www.geoffreymac.com - Makes a very good living selling freaky clothes to freaky people.

We all cite Jim Henson as one of our biggest influences and heros. Now, because we sometimes look weird or do things that you don't like to do, should we not have the right to buy Jim Henson memorabilia, or wear muppets on our clothing?

Silly, Very Silly.

See you at Muppetfest '03

XXXOOO
Satori:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. Interesting site too.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
GOD ******!!! This post should be a dead issue!

NO MORE POSTING ABOUT THIS SUBJECT!

This post should be at the bottom of the lake by now, but yet, its still here! NO MORE!

Just stop, everyone. No more debating on this subject!!

-Matt

beaker

Reaction score
>>>It's amazing that a fan of Jim Henson could have anything against any culture or subculture<<<

true. Heck, I was the 'freakiest' looking person dress wise at last year's muppetfest(standing next to Sweetums I think I fit right in) and yet I felt right at home. Im hoping to see more fellow freaky dressers next year!

kansasteen14

Reaction score
you really need to stop whining.you started this topic and should be able to deal with what's written.you should have thought about fi you were able to handle the replies and I believe people can post if they want you cant close this topic so STOP YOUR WHINING and be able to deal with what people say.

Natalie

Reaction score
yeah, I think we're all one weird group, muppets are weird. but yeah Matt, i agree this shouldn't go on much longer, it's already been a long debate

beaker

Reaction score
clubcreatures:

Hey interesting site...the index page reminded me of a futuristic Devo outfit:wink: Its interesting there is still a 'club kid' scene, despite the kiddy raver thing taking over...perhaps its an east coast thing. Last time the club thing was in the news it was usually on Jenny Jones or in that Party Monster documentary.

Anyways, good to see such dresswear creativity!