Get Well Card for Jerry Nelson

radionate

Reaction score
Thats why I was leery to sign the card. How do we know he was under the weather?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Yeah. Well the way I saw it was that if he wasn't well, then like Sarah said, it could just be a "stay well" card. I think it'd be nice for him. As one of the surviving core members of the troop, I'd say that if there is anyone outside of my family I'd want to stay well, it'd be him. So, that's why I signed, but I do understand your position on it Nat-o.

-Matt

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jerry has unfortunately had some health issues for the past couple years. We are very privileged that he was able to be at the December MuppetFest (he was tentative for the September date). He is reportedly doing better now and wants to continue doing Muppets well into the future.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I think if nothing else, it'll just be nice for him to know that his fans care about him!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
He is reportedly doing better now and wants to continue doing Muppets well into the future.
That is extremely good news. All I want is some kind of solid source for the information. Phil, can you supply?

-Matt

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's from the best source possible, Jerry himself.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Now see, thats good reporting. Hats off to you Captain Chapman. :big_grin: Stay well card it is then!

-Matt

foofoocakes

Reaction score
Feel better fast. Sending you happy thoughts and prayers.
Carol

Beauregard

Reaction score
GO PHIL!!!

As a side note I want to know if we scared Secret Squriul away. He apears to have gone for ages!!!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Jerry has unfortunately had some health issues for the past couple years. We are very privileged that he was able to be at the December MuppetFest (he was tentative for the September date). He is reportedly doing better now and wants to continue doing Muppets well into the future.
Yes!

The whole point to the card was to let him know we care about him. If I'm going to be sending out a second card via snail-mail, I guess the site is open for signiatures again.

I'm glad to hear he's doing well.

As far as the snail-mail card goes, I can draw Robin real well. I can just picture him sitting by a pond looking up at the sky smiling with a rainbow over-head. I always loved it when Jerry performed him singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".