Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Also, if anyone wants to go back abd find the product managers e-mail, I'd suggest sending him an e-mail to see if he responds to any price concerns.
I tried emailing the product manager of fun-4-all about a month ago just to see how the figures were coming along and I got no response...

Luke

Reaction score
Aerosmith said:
Diamond Comics website(Previews Catalog) also list the SRP for $14.99.
OMG - they are pretty much priced out of the kids market and more or less out of the speciality market too. They were originally talking about places like Target, Walmart and TRU taking them too. I expected $5.99 or something. At this price i don't see it lasting long and just being stocked by comic shops and things. Kinda brings us to the point though that if they have priced themselves out of the kiddie market then why stay so basic and limited now there aren't those things to worry about. I think this whole thing is starting off as a mistake right from the start and reflects quite badly on SW.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
floydnjanicefan said:
Especially when they look more like they should be worth 4.99 - 5.99. :boo:
Looks more like they should come in a Happy Meal.

ZING! BURN! :halo:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Luke said:
OMG - they are pretty much priced out of the kids market and more or less out of the speciality market too. They were originally talking about places like Target, Walmart and TRU taking them too. I expected $5.99 or something. At this price i don't see it lasting long and just being stocked by comic shops and things. Kinda brings us to the point though that if they have priced themselves out of the kiddie market then why stay so basic and limited now there aren't those things to worry about. I think this whole thing is starting off as a mistake right from the start and reflects quite badly on SW.
Exactly. Nothing they can do will make these worth 15 dollars. At that price, it's not even worth getting a figure just to test it out. Say good bye to the Sesame Street line everone.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Let there be LIGHT!!!

There has to be light in this tunnel at some point. With the new price increase, you guys sure have some hella-valid points about this line not being geared toward ANYONE. If they only go to specialty stores the SRP will be raised at least a buck... This stinks. Well, it's back to the drawing board for me then. Looks like my investment in the clearance priced Butt-Ugly Martians. Those guys have great size and articulation for custom Muppets, I think they'll do fine as SST figs too. This means alot of scratching and sculpting though... Grrrr... I should figure out how to do production molds and sell the little things off (in pieces) somehow. There has to be a way... Grrrr... :grouchy:

matleo

Reaction score
Well, Phil has been here. I was lookingat his profile and it said his last activity on the forum was January 7th, 2004. So he obviously swings by form time to time and reads. At least I assume he reads this thread. Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait and see what the figs arelike when they're released. I imaginewith toyfair only a few weeks away maybe we'll see something. Althouh like Luke ando thers have said, even if these do end up being as good as the muppet figs, there's just no way I could justify spending $15/fig. No matter how much I love a character. granted I've paid 15+ for some of the palisades exclusives but that's usually like once every six mos. or so. most of the figs I've bought for 10 or less. Well liek I said we'll just have to wait and see.

--Matt

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, well.

$15, huh?

I'm out. They would have to do a complete turn-around from their original designs and offer something 10 times better in order to get my consumership which, obviously, they aren't going to do. There's been no promises of better-looking figures in the future...or any other information as far as that goes...and these are definitly not something I want to purchase in their current state.

Ya'll can have 'em, but they are definitely not something I will be paying for to add to my collection. Oscar's trash can and Slimey are NOT accessories to be listed as it's only a giant PVC!

Blah!

Baby Animal

Reaction score
For $15, are these in scale with the Muppets line or with the Megas line? How can you justify spending $15 on something 6' tall if it is nowhere near the quality of the Muppets figures which are $10 ($9 at Target)? They think they have the Sesame Street fans by the gotees and can drag them wherever they want. I think I'll wait until they are on the clearance shelfs at Target for 75% off before I even think of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.