Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiGgY

Reaction score
How could you possibily tell if they are different? That picture is tiny and blury.

This is an ebay pre-sale. Anyone can start one now. Someone had a Mega Gonzo pre-sale in like October. Don't go by this one auction from someone who may not realize what the actual date of arrival is.

Luke

Reaction score
Well from that size it looks like Ernie is facially a bit different, mouth closed a bit more. Oscar looks quite a bit different, the hands on the trashcan can actually be made out as hands rather than green ooze and they all generally look a bit better painted and defined. Just a guess but it looks different to me, and its a totally new pose which he's got from somewhere.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I just compared the first pics to these and they look exactly the same, only from a different angle.

King Prawn

Reaction score
The picture is quite small and i'm not saying that they're 100% improved but I do see some improvment, you might be right Wiggy it might be the angle the pics been taken in or the lighting but they do look somewhat better than the proto's. I still don't see Palisade Resemblance as they used to say at the start but I do see some improvment's.

They do look better than the Simpson line in my opinion but maybe I'm wrong we'll have to wait and see.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Cap: The pics show up at www.picturetrail.com/muleythemule under the Portfolio Album.

RE: Figures--
Super Grover still looks fine; the others still look like they did. If this is the improvements, blah. I don't like them. If this is how the line is going to look then I won't be buying them. I already have cartoony SS Figures.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
A little more info for yas...

OK, I did a little research and contacted the guy who has this presale up for bidding. Here's what he told me---

-It is possible that the bidder will have to wait up to 4 weeks longer (possibly TWO months) as the bidee has no actual idea when they will ship.

-I asked for some kind of contact where I could verify any of the facts/ pseudo-facts and I was told that he was an adequate contact... So that got me nowhere.

-suggested retail, according to this guy, is $14.99. In that case these are WAAAAY expensive.

Now, I don't know this guy from Adam, but he has nothing but positive feedback, so he must be doing SOMETHING right! Other than that, this email was frought with potentially bad news. High price, not much change (Bert is still horrendous with that funky eyebrow), not many accessories... This is starting to sound like a line that I will have little to no interest in, especially at $15 a pop... I hope Mr Diresta posts something soon to renew my interest by telling me this ebay-dude was at least semi-bogus.

Hope I was some help here and didn't burst any bubbles, but I wanted you guys to know what I now know. Maybe if we all chant loud enough, Fun 4 All will actually have their website back up so that we aren't waiting idly here...

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
The images on eBay are the original prototypes.

Im sure the finished product will look much better :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Maybe it was just the lighting and angle then but they sure looked better to me. There is no way the RRP for these is gonna be $14.99 each, i think the seller is probably hoping to get bids from people thinking they'll get stuff sooner than the release date. I actually don't think they look that bad at that angle even as prototypes - they ain't anywhere near Palisades stuff, but then they aren't the worst i've seen either. I won't be buying into the line much even if they get a lot better but i might pick up a few favorites.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree... it costs more for people who want to grab them before they are actually released.

I am a little dissappointed that these look the same, but I will buy them regaurdless... just after I get the Muppet figures, of course.

WiGgY

Reaction score
If these are 15 a piece, the line will die with series 1. I wouldn't even pay 15 a piece for the regular muppet line. I barely tolerate that price for exclusives.

These are definatly prototypes. This guy does not have these in hand. Perhaps someone should contact ebay to get this pre-sale removed. You can't have a 2 month pre-sale. Also, if anyone wants to go back abd find the product managers e-mail, I'd suggest sending him an e-mail to see if he responds to any price concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.