Fraggle Rock Season 4 may not be released separately

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Oh, I don't know about that. I forget which show it was, but I swear there was a DVD release not too long ago in which the full series set was released at the same time as the final season stand alone set. Of course, the full series got all the publicity and advertisment.

I honestly think that HIT has already got a planned release of the 4th season or will soon have one after they see that not all the loyal Fraggle fans can pony up the funds for a full series set right away after haivng purchased the first three already. Sure, it probably won't happen before the holidays this year, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see it just pop up on store shelves soon afterwards.
It is very common now for final season sets and complete series sets to be released around the same time (or on the same day). HIT's distributor, Lionsgate, is preparing to release both items for Will and Grace on the same day next month. It's quite common now.

And if that's not the way to go, then they release the complete series AFTER the final season. No one does what HIT is doing, which is what makes their decision so strange.

Either HIT isn't very smart (not likely) or they're confident that those who want Season 4 and are willing to wait will do so. And if you're not willing to wait and have to have the complete series set, well hey, they'll be happy too.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
No one does what HIT is doing, which is what makes their decision so strange.
But it's been now about 2 years since A! volume 3 came out. We're still waiting for volume 4. So, the same scenerio could apply to FR, too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But it's been now about 2 years since A! volume 3 came out. We're still waiting for volume 4. So, the same scenerio could apply to FR, too.
they put A! on hold for (at least) 2 reasons... they wanted to get TTA and Freakazoid out, and didn't think people would go for 3 releases at the same time... and the second reason is (and this is an oddity someone told me about earlier this year, or even last year when TTA was a rumor) The Macarana parody used the ACTUAL song (not a sound-a-like, as they usually do), and there's a royaltees hurdle over that one (of course, with the 40 dollar price tags, I never was able to get any of them, so I don't know what happened with "Little Old Lady from Pasadena")

Of course a 3rd reason is WB is freaking loopy, and it doesn't know what the heck its doing half the time...

Personally, I'm more offended Disney isn't bothering to finish any of the TDA cartoons it released up, or The Tick for that matter...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The Macarana parody used the ACTUAL song
Yes, the melody is just like the real song (and probably is the real thing, hence the hurdle), but the words are distinctly Warner-esque. In fact, compare the Macarena parody to the actual song, and you'd notice subtle differences.

stick

Reaction score
ya i'd like just the 4th season cause i already have 1,2,3. but the whole series set looks great.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes, the melody is just like the real song (and probably is the real thing, hence the hurdle), but the words are distinctly Warner-esque. In fact, compare the Macarena parody to the actual song, and you'd notice subtle differences.

This was actually proven by a long time fan of the show and musical schollar. and he even told it to me specifically when I asked him about it. The producers and writers DID use the original song. Same thing with "the Monkey song." And while there are subtle differences, they still got permission and paid for the rights to use that song specifically.

That said, there's no excuse for no announcement of Fosters Home season 3....

wwfpooh

Reaction score
As much as I like Foster's, it is the only recent CN toon that I've liked.

anytimepally

Reaction score
I hope they'll eventually release Season 4.. if not I'll get angry :grouchy:, and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry :grouchy:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I hope they'll eventually release Season 4.. if not I'll get angry :grouchy:, and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry :grouchy:
Hulk-esque much? XD But agreed, if they refuse to release season four seperately, many buyers would be upset. ^_^