First quarter has passed - Where's Season 2???

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea what the average amount of time is between when a DVD release date is announced and when it's the release date?

On a slightly off-topic note, I recently saw that the secodn season of Happy Days has just been released, and the first season was released two years ago. And the first season didn't even have any special features (though the second season does).

Marky

Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea what the average amount of time is between when a DVD release date is announced and when it's the release date?

On a slightly off-topic note, I recently saw that the secodn season of Happy Days has just been released, and the first season was released two years ago. And the first season didn't even have any special features (though the second season does).
think that would TOTALLY depend on the show. I mean, we got all seasons of Dukes of Hazzard in 2 weeks it seems. Charmed - we've got all of them now. It depends, depends, depends on SO many factors. Many current shows will put out the previous seaon out a few weeks before the fresh season. Old shows - it's a total crap shoot.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Generally, it's 2-4 months, sometimes longer for signature releases. So that would mean best case scenario, we're in the August-September release time frame right now.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah theres usually quite a delay between S1 and S2 releases. S1 usually sells better and they make more of them as they don't have any sales to go buy and something new attracts more attention. By season 2 they know what the sales are probably going to be like and they can usually budget the distribution, extras, the inclusion of any music or scenes that they'd be required to pay extra for etc according to that. Also it gives S1 a bigger chance to sell through, and it gets a push again with the release of the next season. Seems like there might be a bit of that going on with TMS right now
or it might just be Diz not giving the Muppets priority and completing the process of getting the set out there.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I seem to recall that we first got word about the first season back in May/June of 2005, right? Let's give this a month or two. If we haven't heard anything by July, then I've got a few pitchforks you guys can borrow if you want.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Forget the pitchforks, pass the barbecue forks! I'm hungry.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Actually, there are CDs from artist like this. I mean, James Otto(MuzikMafia). His CD was supposed to drop last year, but now it's not supposed to drop til the last quarter of this year. They kept saying that it's coming, it's coming someday. They had John Anderson's CD for a Nov. date, now it's not due til May 15th. So, things happen, don't worry about it, they'll get it done. Let's not rush perfection

Daniel

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Actually, there are CDs from artist like this. I mean, James Otto(MuzikMafia). His CD was supposed to drop last year, but now it's not supposed to drop til the last quarter of this year. They kept saying that it's coming, it's coming someday. They had John Anderson's CD for a Nov. date, now it's not due til May 15th. So, things happen, don't worry about it, they'll get it done. Let's not rush perfection

Daniel
newly written Music is allot differnt that a dvd of a show that was on years ago.
Let's not rush perfection but how about we have a few snacks while we wait for this season 2 cake to bake.:big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sure. Sounds good. *passes round the cheese twiddles* Although I hear that there is a trailer for Season 2 on the Dinosaurs DVD so...we should get an announcement soon!