First quarter has passed - Where's Season 2???

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
:smile: Too bad he didn't take the MUPPETS with him too.
You know that actully is an interesting thought!
If he had them I wonder what he would do with them?
Put on puppet shows in his one bed room apartment?:halo:
Make bootleg dvd's on his pc and sell them on ebay?
oh oh maybe make one of those crazy muppet fans sites and sell every muppet related thing ever on dvd and charge fans outrageous prices!:rolleyes:
But yeah all my kidding aside I really do wonder about it.
I don't think the man would have that much money *shruggs* course I'm not him so I don't know what he has. Could only be a bad case of the flue.

Marky

Reaction score
I think Disney should take a DVD releasing cue from Lucasfilm. CRANK'EM OUT!

David French

Reaction score
Oh gee golly thanks so much for not only making it out like people who are asking where it is over a year and a half now maybe longer are going bonkers.
But wishing bad luck upon em'.:rolleyes:
Whitch Dr. no Dr. thanks I don't trust em!:eek:
The only people going "bonkers" are those (such as yourself) who are criticising Disney unnecessarily. DVDs usually don't get formally announced until at least a month until they are due to be released. Disney don't want to make the mistake of announcing a title too early, otherwise they could end up with egg on their face.

The date is Summer 2007 - that could be early Summer, middle of Summer or even end of Summer for all we know. Disney will announce a release date when they are good and ready. Why is that such a difficult concept for some people around here to grasp?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
The only people going "bonkers" are those (such as yourself) who are criticising Disney unnecessarily. DVDs usually don't get formally announced until at least a month until they are due to be released. Disney don't want to make the mistake of announcing a title too early, otherwise they could end up with egg on their face.

The date is Summer 2007 - that could be early Summer, middle of Summer or even end of Summer for all we know. Disney will announce a release date when they are good and ready. Why is that such a difficult concept for some people around here to grasp?
The season sets aren't even the tip of the iceberg.
They bought this vest collection of footage and other things and it sits in their precious Disney vault collecting dust when instead we should be collecting these gems and they our money.
I have absolutely no problems with the Dizz Bizz in fact I was all for them getting the muppets.
I just feel that they are being to slow about things and I'm not talking about the season sets.
Like I said if the season sets are taking allot of time why not release some really off stuff that's never been released before like the Muppets at Walt Disney World I don't think they'd have to many legal messes there.
So let me get this right though it's ok to Criticize fans but it's not ok to criticize a huge multimillion dollar corporation like Disney?

Luke

Reaction score
DVDs usually don't get formally announced until at least a month until they are due to be released.
True in the case of smaller distributor releases, Disney tend to give them a bigger build up though I know they did with TMS S1, and they were starting to do that with TMS S2. There are major issues with TMS S2, i know that for sure.

.... and Beau, you need a writers job on a show or something. Too funny, lol!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Back in 2005, Disney gave us the first season of The Muppet Show and all movies that Disney owns (maybe gave isn't the right word, since we did pay for them, unless we stole them, got them as gifts, or didn't buy copies), and then it's been a year and a half with nothing Muppet related on DVD, besides Dinosaurs. Nothing has even had official announced dates. If not The Mupet Show: Season Two, we should have gotten more Muppet DVDs, or at least television broadcasts (why does it seem like the United States is the only country to not currently be airing reruns of The Mupet Show on television?).

Marky

Reaction score
Because "Summer 2007" is only the latest release date out of what, 16? It gets pushed back, pushed back, pushed back.... it's a pattern that Disney has been doing for two years.

Ready... Set.... DISAPPOINT!

Marky

Reaction score
So let me get this right though it's ok to Criticize fans but it's not ok to criticize a huge multimillion dollar corporation like Disney?
In the eyes of a) those who work for Disney or b) those who don't, but hope to work for Disney, yeah. That sounds about right.