Favorite show no one knows

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Hey, I think the pilot episode for Mr. Belevedere is on youtube. I watched it several months ago. Pretty good family sitcom stuff.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
several that I have in mind

A few old ones, don't know whose stupid idea it was to cancel these.

Scorch- the dragon who lived in modern times and was a pet of a TV weatherman

The People Next Door- only 4 eps were made. Plot: cartoonist has extremely vivid imagination. It comes to life for real. He thinks about kicking his MIL in the posterior and a boot appears and...

Herman's Head- show about a man named Herman and what goes on inside his head. Different chacters represented different sides of his personality. A nerdy genius was his intellect. A nice innocent girl next door was his sensitive side. A description of the guy who represented his lusts would get me banned from this forum. I think there was a 4th guy in his head, but I'm not sure. anybody else ever see this show?

Also if u happen 2 live in NYC and don't have cable there is this channel on number 17 called GCN- Global Christian Network. I'm not going to mention all the shows on it, but it's very interesting unfortunately if you get Time Warner, the most commonly used cable provider in NYC it get's upstaged by The History Channel which also gets number 17. GCN has a satelite by which they broadcast in six of the seven continents (I guess there are not many born-again Christian penguins LOL :zany: ) I don't know what the channels are in other countries.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
There's another show that barely anyone except my brother know of. It's a Nickelodeon show called Kappa Mikey. I liked it a lot when I watched it.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Herman's Head- show about a man named Herman and what goes on inside his head. Different chacters represented different sides of his personality. A nerdy genius was his intellect. A nice innocent girl next door was his sensitive side. A description of the guy who represented his lusts would get me banned from this forum. I think there was a 4th guy in his head, but I'm not sure. anybody else ever see this show?
The other guy, the 4th guy, was anxiety.

I remember Herman's Head, along with Parker Lewis Can't Lose. Both shows came out around 1990 on the newly formed FOX network.

Herman's Head had two cast members from The Simpsons, Yeardley Smith who voices Lisa Simpson, and Hank Azaria who voices Moe, Chief Wiggum, Apu, The Sea Captain, Comic Book Guy, Cletus, Professor Frink, and Snake.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Few things...

1 Bobobobo is actually better known by the name "Samurai Champloo".
2 That's cause Barbapopa was more of a series that aired in Spanish/Latin Caribbean markets..
Few questions... by 1, is that sarcasm saying it's the same show or something? (someone on another board does it all the time).

2) Actually, it was around the world everywhere except here. It was a huge hit in Japan, and I think they even consider it their own show (unless it was just animated there, but it doesn't look like it). It was released in English as a couple poor selling Kid's books (I used to have one).

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I think my top favorite obscere tv show would have to be 'Roswell Conspiracies: Aliens, Myths, and Legends'. That show IMO is just as good as shows like 'Gargoyles'. The main story is that mythical creatures such as banshees, werewolves, and yetis are really aliens living among us. Great plots, great characters, all around awesome show! It also got kinda 'edgy' for a kid's show (One guy went as far as saying 'bada**' once).

Faylo

Reaction score
Hmm, I don't know if anyone remembers this show, but NOBODY does except a couple of my older friends..

It was called Today's Special, and it was about a mannequin named Jeff and his store clerk (I think) friend, Jody. There was puppets in it too, one of a mouse and of a older man, but their names slip my mind at the moment.. It was a show in the eighties but they re-ran it here in the 1990's. NONE of my friends remember it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Few more things...

1 Drtooth, no I'm not being sarcastic. I've seen it refered that way at www.aftimes.com due to the action figure line it's spawned.
2 Falo, I remember Today's Special from my days of watching Nickelodeon when it was a good network. The old man security guard puppet was named Sam, and the mouse was Muffy (who always talked in rhyme).
Hope this helps.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hmm, I don't know if anyone remembers this show, but NOBODY does except a couple of my older friends..

It was called Today's Special, and it was about a mannequin named Jeff and his store clerk (I think) friend, Jody. There was puppets in it too, one of a mouse and of a older man, but their names slip my mind at the moment.. It was a show in the eighties but they re-ran it here in the 1990's. NONE of my friends remember it!
I remember Today's Special, loved it! And there's an awesome website:

http://todays-special.schuminweb.com/main-page.asp