Favorite show no one knows

MJTaylor

Reaction score
With regards to Herman's Head, I remember there was an episode of The Simpsons where Bart finds Lisa laughing and he asks her what she is laughing at. She tells him she was thinking of something she saw on Herman's Head. That was of course an in joke.
When I was a teenager there was a show called The New Adventures of Blinky Bill which mixed puppetry with live action, but there was almost nothing on the Web about it and I was beginning to think I was the only one who remembered it, but at last two clips from the first episode have turned up on YouTube. Hopefully someone will upload more.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Few more things...

1 Drtooth, no I'm not being sarcastic. I've seen it refered that way at www.aftimes.com due to the action figure line it's spawned..
Yeah, firstly, this dude on the Technodrome forums keeps referring to Spongebob as Rocko's Modern life sacrcastically....

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is NOT Samurai Champloo or whatever it's called. it's a completely different series starring an African American...errr..>African Japanese (or someone who's pretty tan) with a golden Afro hair cut and his Pop Rocks like Candy Side kick who looks like a cartoon sun. It's very off the wall and full of non-sequitors and random cut scenes (I refer to it as the Japanese Family Guy). I oddly didn't see that Samurai thing, but the two are completely different.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... OK then. Maybe t's the Samurai Afro eries tarring Samuel ackson? Eh, I don't atch it nyway, but for hose f ou ho o nd njoy it, then hat's good enough and hat hould matterto you.

Drtooth

Reaction score
nahhh... that one's serious as well... Bo-bobo is a comedy and the others are both action.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is NOT Samurai Champloo or whatever it's called. it's a completely different series starring an African American...errr..>African Japanese (or someone who's pretty tan) with a golden Afro hair cut and his Pop Rocks like Candy Side kick who looks like a cartoon sun.
Oh yeah, didn't you once have that guy for an avatar?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still don't see what kind of name Bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo is, why would anyone want to watch a show called Bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo?

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
I still don't see what kind of name Bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo is, why would anyone want to watch a show called Bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo?
Well, I read that in Spanish, the word "bobo" means stupid, and most of the characters have wacko minds, including Bobobo himself, so maybe that's why it's called that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh yeah, didn't you once have that guy for an avatar?
Yeah..., Good ol Don patchi... the wacko transvetite candy piece.
I still don't see what kind of name Bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo is, why would anyone want to watch a show called Bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo
Well... I think it works well either if you like anime, or absolutely hate it... The thing basically is a send up of the conventions of anime, and several show parodies themselves. One of my favorites from the book is a random recreations of a Kinnikuman segment that nobody but me would have gotten the joke... it involved someone saving a dog from getting hit by a train... and instead of stopping the train with his bear hands to save it by gentily picking it up, he violently kicks the dog out of the way...

another scene featured him trying to pull off Goku's Kameha wave, while his head was in one of those cardboard cut out things that you put your head through and take pictures of...

Plus it doesn't hurt to have a bizzare sence of humor...

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hmm, I don't know if anyone remembers this show, but NOBODY does except a couple of my older friends..

It was called Today's Special, and it was about a mannequin named Jeff and his store clerk (I think) friend, Jody. There was puppets in it too, one of a mouse and of a older man, but their names slip my mind at the moment.. It was a show in the eighties but they re-ran it here in the 1990's. NONE of my friends remember it!
Yep, good ol' "Today's Special" with Jeff, Jodie, Sam and Muffy. I remember it very well. The store they filmed at was a real store that's still in Toronto!

Let's see...I watched a lot of "The Great Space Coaster" when I was little, and there was a cartoon show called "Calliope" on USA. "This is Gene, saying 'take it gently.'"

Of course, I watched Pinwheel, with all the unique animated bits from all over the world.

And y'know? There's other stuff I remember, but they weren't shows. They were like little animated inserts that Nickelodeon had to fill time between shows. One of my favorites was "Picnic on Imbrium Beach". I just loved the surreal elements to it! Another favorite was "Housecats". You can watch it here.

I also remember an (anime?) show called "Noozles" about two koalas from a weightless parallel universe.

Convincing John

Drtooth

Reaction score
I also remember an (anime?) show called "Noozles" about two koalas from a weightless parallel universe.

Convincing John
You know, I always really hated that... the few times I was able to watch cable at a friend's house it was always on. i never got to see Danger mouse or Count Duckula... just that one. (I think I may have seen banana man, though).