Fanfiction: The Fraggle From Outer Space

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Hugs Demona for the update. Absolutely loved the song insertion and that Boober finally fessed up to Goldie. Love how the relationships are carrying along between everybody. Nice to finally see Lou. Post more when you can.
*Huggles Demona again.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Hm, didn't know Desi wrote that song....

*bows* I humbly bow before the most inspired moment of my life. That's the song Loki/Mask played in the Mask movie at the club, if I recall. Now that I think about it, Sidebottom IS like the Mask!

Just without a mask, of course. :big_grin:

Gold Demona

Reaction score
Hm, didn't know Desi wrote that song....

*bows* I humbly bow before the most inspired moment of my life. That's the song Loki/Mask played in the Mask movie at the club, if I recall. Now that I think about it, Sidebottom IS like the Mask!

Just without a mask, of course. :big_grin:
At the risk of exposing my sheer dorkiness, the Mask sang it to avoid getting arrested. =P
He got surrounded by cops and then sang this and got all the cops to dance, and then he got away. =P
But it was originally performed by Desi Arnaz in an episode of I Love Lucy. =)
It was a really funny episode, too. You can find it on YouTube if you care enough to look. ^_^

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Gold Demona said:
At the risk of exposing my sheer dorkiness, the Mask sang it to avoid getting arrested. =P
He got surrounded by cops and then sang this and got all the cops to dance, and then he got away. =P
But it was originally performed by Desi Arnaz in an episode of I Love Lucy. =)
It was a really funny episode, too. You can find it on YouTube if you care enough to look. ^_^
Grr... you're right. *slithers away* Never mind. :insatiable:

Gold Demona

Reaction score
Late post, sorry! =P

The Fraggle From Outer Space
Chapter 16

The following morning, Boober was on Cloud Nine. He walked along the tunnels with an air of absolute bliss. The smaller cave creatures could sense this from their cracks and crevices in the rock and joined in his jubilation.

(Cave Creatures)
La-da-da-dum. Gachung. Gachung. Gachung.

(Boober)
I care for you.
It’s kinda magical. It just takes two.

(Cave Creatures)
Gachung-Gachung, Chung.

(Boober)
To share with you.
I’d like to show you by the little things I do.

(Cave Creatures)
Ca-ching!

(Boober)
It warms my heart
(Waaaaaaaaa...)
To think
(Aaaaaa.....)
That you might feel like sharing too.
(......aaaaaa, feel like sharing too.)
That’s what it’s all about,
Because I care for you.

(Cave Creatures)
Gachung. Gachung. Gachung.
Chung-Gachung.

(Boober)
It isn’t so hard.
All you have to do is try.

(Cave Creatures)
Gachung-Gachung, Waaaaa...

(Boober)
When you make the first move,
(Aaaaaaaaaaa...)
You’ll see...

(Boober and Cave Creatures)
Good things usually multiply.

(Cave Creatures)
Waaaaa...

(Boober)
Somehow it all works.
(Aaaaaaa-aaaa...)
No, it’s really not so rare.

Give a little here.
Give a little there.
No, it doesn’t take much,
To show you care.

I care for you.
It’s kinda magical. It just takes two.

(Cave Creatures)
Gachung-Gachung, Chung.

To share with you.
I’d like to show you by the little things I do.

(Cave Creatures)
Ca-ching!

It warms my heart
To think
That you might feel like sharing too. (Woo-oo)
That’s what it’s all about,
Because I care for you.

(Cave Creatures)
Gachung. Gachung. Gachung.
La la la Waaaaaaaaaaa....

------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Goldie was busy brushing her hair after having just woken up. As she brushed, she recollected the events of the night before.
She was still having trouble believing that it actually happened.

“I wonder what he’s doing right now,” she wondered in thought and then laughed. “Probably still cleaning up the mess from that soufflé. Boy, was that a messy explosion. At least it still tasted good.”

When she finished brushing her hair and put her brush down, she noticed something new on the table beside the suitcase.

“What’s this?” she asked as she picked up the envelope that Gobo had placed there the day before.

“A letter?”

She opened the envelope and pulled out the folded piece of paper enclosed. She began to read it, and as she did, slowly she started to feel as if her heart had lodged itself in her throat.

“Oh no... Oh no no no... Oh no... Oh, what do I do? What am I gonna do?”

Clutching the letter in her hand, she sprinted out the doorway towards the one place she knew she could go to look for answers.

“Mokey!”

“AH!”

Mokey sprang up in her bed as she was suddenly awakened by Boober yelling in her ear.

“Mokey! Wake up!”

Once the adrenaline rush finally ended, she turned to Boober as calmly as she could while trying her hardest not to appear upset by the rude awakening.

“Yes, Boober. What is it?”

“Mokey, you were right! I confessed my feelings to Goldie, and she feels the same way! Now I feel wonderful! For once in my life, I feel nothing but absolute joy!”

“You see? I told you you would.”

“I have you to thank for this, Mokey, so I figured you should be the first to know about it.”

“Well, thank you, Boober. And congratulations.”

“Thank you, Mokey. Oh, I have to go. I’m gonna make a special lunch for Goldie, and I need my kitchen in tip top shape if I’m gonna do it. I’ll see you later, Mokey!”

And with that he left just as suddenly as he entered. Red, who had been awake for the entire conversation, turned her drowsy head towards Mokey.

“So it’s Goldie, huh?”

“Yes, it is. Oh, Red, isn’t it wonderful? Boober has finally found something to be happy about.”

“Did he sing the Song of the Forever Promise yet?”

“Oh, he left so quickly, I didn’t get the chance to ask.”

“That would really be something if out of all of us, Boober winds up singing that song first.”

“Aren’t you happy for him?”

“Sure I am, Mokey. I couldn’t be happier that he’s found something to distract himself from his thoughts of impending doom. It’s really funny, if you think about it. I mean this is Mr. ‘Fun Leads To Catastrophe’ we’re talking about here. Don’t you find it a little ironic that HE’D be the one to sing the Song of the Forever Promise first?”

“True love comes from strange places, Red. And it comes when you least expect it.”

“Tell me about it.”

Goldie stood by the gap in the stone wall, staring out to the garden and the castle beyond it. She swallowed hard as she debated to herself whether or not she was going to cross. The letter in her hand was beginning to wrinkle as she kept a firm grip on it with both hands.

The gorgs were nowhere to be seen at the moment, but she knew that at any moment, one could walk out of the castle and spot her. She knew she had to be cautious if she was going to make it to the Trash Heap.

“I can do this...” she said to herself. “I can do this. One... Two...”

She took a deep breath and made a mad dash across the garden, past the oversized radishes all the way to the other side, where the Trash Heap and her companions were waiting.

“Well, hello, little Fraggle,” the Trash Heap greeted as Goldie ran up. “My goodness, child! You look as if you were running from a poison cackler.”

“I might as well have been,” Goldie panted, “Whatever a poison cackler is. But I had to come here. I need your advice.”

“That’s what I’m here for, child. What seems to be the problem?”

“Well, I got a letter from my grandpa back home,” she said as she pulled out the folded letter, “And he says that my grandma fell down the stairs and now she’s in the hospital.”

“Oh my,” said the Trash Heap.

“Psst! What’s a hospital?” Gunge whispered behind Marjory to Philo, who replied by shrugging his shoulders.

“Beats the heck outta me.” he whispered back.

“She’s in bad shape, too,” Goldie continued, hanging her head. “Grandpa doesn’t make a lot of money, so I know he can’t afford to take time off work to take care of her.”

“I see,” the Trash Heap replied.

“Psst! What’s a money?” Philo whispered to Gunge.

“Who knows?” Gunge whispered back.

“They don’t have any friends or relatives nearby,” Goldie continued, “So if Grandpa can’t get off work, there’s nobody to take care of Grandma.”

“Quite the dilemma indeed. And what do you intend to do about it?”

“Well, that’s just it. I don’t know what I’m gonna do. I know I should probably go back home and help take care of Grandma, but...”

“But you do not wish to leave all the new friends you’ve made here,” The Trash Heap finished the sentence that Goldie had paused.

Goldie hung her head.

“Yes...” she replied sadly.

“And what does your heart say, child?” asked the Trash Heap.

“It's saying way too much right now,” said Goldie with a sigh. “Part of it is saying I should go back and help Grandma and Grandpa, but the other part is saying to stay here at Fraggle Rock... but how can I just pick between the two...?”

“And therein lies the curse of having a heart,” said the Trash Heap kindly. “During our lives we experience joys beyond our imagination, but in order to appreciate that joy, we must also experience sorrows as well. How we move in regard to these events define who we are...”

“Well.... Do you have any suggestions?”

“You’ve already heard what the voices in your heart are telling you. What you need to do is listen for which voice is speaking the loudest.”

“What do you mean?”

“What I mean, young fraggle, is that you have to decide which solution is most prominent in your heart’s perspective,” explained the Trash Heap. “Listen closely to what your heart is telling you and allow yourself to act on whichever sounds loudest.”

“Yeah, like how sometimes Gunge's stomach takes charge of his body more than his brain,” said Philo with a sneer.

“Hey!” said Gunge, flailing his arms in the air. “You're a fine one to talk!”

“Boys, that’s enough,” said the Trash Heap, silencing the two rodents. “Goldie, close your eyes. Think about your friends and your family.”

Goldie did as the Trash Heap said. She could hear her heart crying out in somber beats. She thought of her friends and of her grandparents. She thought of how her grandparents had taken care of her until the day she left for Fraggle Rock. She thought of how her new friends had shown her around her new home. And then she thought about everything that happened between her and Boober. It was impossible to choose.

“They sound the same...” Goldie whispered.

“Listen closer,” she heard the Trash Heap say.

Goldie thought back to her words from before in regard to her grandparents. There would be no one to take care of Grandma if Grandpa couldn't get off work. What if she fell again...? What if she...?

Goldie then thought to what her friends would be losing. They would lose Goldie, but she could always write to them. They could always have fun without her and tell her all about it when she got back... if she got back... and Boober, he would lose being able to see Goldie's smile everyday. Tears started streaming down her saffron colored cheeks.

“Thank you, Madame Trash Heap,” said Goldie in between sniffles.

“You've decided then...?” asked the Trash Heap. Goldie nodded.

“Yes,” said Goldie. “I'm going back to my grandparents. They need me, and despite how much it hurts to leave, I can't be selfish. They took such good care of me, I have to return the favor.”

“Very well...” said the Trash Heap. “If that is what you think if best. I look forward to the days we can speak again, dear.”

“Thank you,” said Goldie. “Madame Trash Heap, Philo, Gunge, thanks for everything... Goodbye for now...!”

“Have a safe journey, young one, and don’t forget everything you’ve learned here.”

“The Trash Heap has spoken,” Philo and Gunge said softly.

Goldie gave a quick nod as she turned and ran off. The three of them watched.

“She ain’t actually gonna leave,” Philo said after Goldie was gone, “Is she, Marjory?”

“It was her own decision. She’ll see for herself if the path she chose was the correct one.”

“And which one WAS the correct one, Marjory?” Gunge asked.

“There wasn’t one. It’s just one of those things where you have to pick which one will make you suffer the least. It’s a real shame.”

“Yeah, no kiddin’,” Philo agreed, “Say, you think we shoulda told her dat the Gorgs weren’t home today?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Song Credits:
- I Care For You—from “Care Bears: The Movie II”

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Poor Goldie. Welcome to Rock and Hard Place Town. Population = you.

Boober should go with her. Maybe Fraggle recipies/medicines would work well on Silly Creatures....

Gold Demona

Reaction score
Worry not, citizens, for I am not dead!
Nor is this fic!
I am still writing it! Don't you worry your impatient little heads about it!
It's just coming along a lot slower than it started at. >.>
But I WILL finish this fic! There WILL be an ending to it!
I can promise you that!
*flees to continue writing*

Gold Demona

Reaction score
Chapter 17

The Fraggle From Outer Space
Chapter 17​

It was late afternoon in Fraggle Rock, and Goldie was waiting impatiently in Boober's room, suitcase in hand. She really wasn't looking forward to what she was going to have to tell him when he finally returned from wherever it was he went.

“What am I going to tell him?” she asked herself with a sigh, “What CAN I tell him? There's just no easy way to say it.”

“I'm sorry I'm so late, Goldie,” Boober said as he entered the room, carrying a large stack of plates, all filled with different sorts of foods. “You would not believe the sorts of things one has to go through to get the ingredients they're looking for.”

One by one, he placed the plates neatly on the table between them. He didn't even seem to notice the suitcase in Goldie's hands as he carefully set each dish in its place.

“Take this Cucumber-Minkleberry Paté, for example,” he began, picking up the plate of paté and pointing to it with his free hand.

“Boober...”

“It's incredibly difficult to find cucumber-minkleberries this time of year.”

“Boober.”

“And once you do find them, I have to make sure not to pick Bonkleberries by mistake. Wembley's horribly allergic to Bonkleberries, so I try to avoid them in my cooking as much as possible. And also--”

“BOOBER!”

He nearly dropped his plate as Goldie's bellow halted his train of thought.

“What?” he asked innocently, “What is it?”

Goldie glared at him for a good long moment, her expression slowly morphing to one of sadness.

“Goldie?” Boober said as he put the plate down and stepped around the table to her, “What's wr--?”

His question was halted when he finally noticed the suitcase. He looked up at Goldie, then back down to the suitcase, and then up at Goldie again.

“What's going on?”

“Boober,” she started, looking away from him for the moment, “I have to leave.”

“You're...” he stammered, “You're leaving? But... Buh-b-b-but why? Why are you leaving? Did I do something wrong? Can I fix it?”

“No, you didn't do anything wrong. I'm needed back home. I'm leaving tonight.”

“Home? No! Fraggle Rock is your home! Outer Space is for Silly Creatures! You are not a Silly Creature!”

“Boober, please! My family needs me!”

“I need you!”

They were yelling at each other nose to nose at this point. There was a long and smoldering pause in between them after that. Goldie couldn't think of anything else she could say to him, and Boober was still trying to figure out what was happening. He felt like someone had taken a wrench to his heart and twisted it tight.

Slowly, they separated noses and stepped away from each other.

“Boober...”

“No,” he said with a dull and oddly calm tone, “If you want to go, then go. There's the door.”

“Boober, it's not--”

“It's obvious that you'd be happier with your family in Outer Space than you would be here w.... here in Fraggle Rock....”

“Boober, I--”

“Just go.”

Boober watched Goldie as she lifted her suitcase back up, walked past the short greenish-blue fraggle, and paused at the doorway to look back at him. He turned his head away.

“Would you just go? I hate long goodbyes.”

With a long and heavy sigh, Goldie turned back around and disappeared through the doorway.

After a minute or two, Boober peaked out the doorway and looked down the tunnel both ways. As he feared, she wasn't anywhere to be seen.

He hung his head and stepped back inside. He looked around the table and at the feast that he had so painstakingly prepared for the lunch they were to share.

He gritted his teeth and then let out a series of shrieks and screams as he slammed his fists down on the table, flipping plates and food all over the place. He swung his arms until nearly all the dishes were thrown from the table.

He stopped his rampage when he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. From the edge of the table, he picked up a familiar-looking bag made of rough brown paper.

He stared at this seemingly simple item for what seemed like an eternity. After a long moment, he let out a weeping sigh as he pressed the bag to his face, sobbing as he leaned down on the table.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seemed to Goldie that every step she took felt heavier and heavier. Even as she stepped into the busy bustle of the Great Hall and tried her best to just shuffle past on her way to the exit. She was almost across when a voice stopped her in her tracks.

“Yo Goldie!” Red called as she climbed out of the pond and walked over to her. “Hey, we need a fourth swimmer to race. You game?”

“Uh... Not today, Red.”

“Hey, what's wrong? You look like you just went through something awful.”

“I did... I still am.”

“Well, what do you mean, you still are?”

“I'm leaving.”

“Leaving?”

“Say what? You're leaving?” Wembley added as he jumped in.
Gobo and Mokey walked up behind him.

“There was some bad news in that letter, wasn't there?” Gobo asked.

“Yeah,” Goldie nodded, “Really bad. And I need to go back so I can help.”

“But... But you're coming back, right?” Wembley asked. “We'll see you again soon, right?”

“...I don't know.”

“Oh, Goldie,” Mokey said as she placed her hands on Goldie's shoulders, “We understand completely. There are times when one must do what is necessary for the sake of their loved ones.”

“Yeah, but what about Boober?” Red asked, “What's he say about all this?”

“I don't wanna talk about it,” Goldie replied, “I just need to get going.”

“Hey, come on, Goldie,” Gobo said, “Surely you have time for one more song before you go.”

“Yeah, that's a great idea, Gobo,” Wembley agreed, “A goodbye song.”

“I'm not really in the mood for singing,” said Goldie.

“Well, you can't stay sad forever, Goldie,” said Mokey.

“Yeah,” said Red, “Cheer up. Everything's gonna be alright. You'll see.”

(Goldie)
I can't help but feel so sad.
Why did things turn out so bad?
Was it just a dream,
Everything we did,
Everything we had?

(Gobo)
Goldie, give me one more dance...
While the music still goes on.
Don't think about tomorrow.

(Gobo, Mokey)
Dance...
And forget out time is gone.
Tonight's the night we borrow.

(Gobo, Wembley, Mokey, Red)
Let's make it a memory, a night of our own.
A thing to remember when we're all alone.
So dance...
It's our way to say goodbye.
Yes, all we have to do is...

(Every Fraggle in the Grat Hall)
Dance...
This is no time for crying.

Dance...
Don't you hear them play our song?
You know that we've been trying

Don't think you weren't welcome.
We're glad that you came.
We hope you come back.
We can play some more games.

So dance...
Don't let it be our last goodbye.

(Goldie)
Yet it seems to make me sad.
Why did things turn out so bad?
Whas it just a dream,
Everything we did,
Everything we had?

(Gobo, Wembley)
Goldie, give me one more...

(Everyone)
Dance...
Just like the day we met you.

Dance...
And believe us, when you're gone,
You know we won't forget you.

Now you're like a snowbird.
You're flying away.
You're leaving for home now.
What more can we say?

So dance...
Don't let it be our last goodbye.

Dance...
This is no time for crying.

Dance...
Don't you hear them play our song?
You know that we've been trying.

Dance...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours passed before the dancing had finally finished and Goldie could get on her way. The others offered to accompany her to the doorway to Outer Space, but she made it clear that she'd had enough saying goodbye for one night. As Goldie made her trek up the tunnel, she could hear that last song playing slowly in her mind again and again. She really and truly did not want to leave.

“But I have to,” she thought to herself.

She ducked the large pipe and stepped up to the opening to Outer Space. It was dark already, and the room was really quiet.

Goldie took one last look back to the tunnel to her heritage, and then she finally resigned to her decision. With a sigh and a turn, she took the first step through the fraggle hole.

“Goldie!” called a voice from behind her, though it seemed almost whispering.

She stopped and turned back, recognizing immediately who the voice was.

“Boober...”

He stepped out of the shadows of the tunnel, almost like a puppy being punished. Goldie put her suitcase down on the ground so she could meet up with him.

He trembled as she approached, not quite sure what she was going to do. All he knew was that he needed to say something quickly.

“Goldie....” he paused before finally deciding to make his final plea, “Don't go..... Please?”

She looked at the poor heartbroken fraggle in front of her.

“I'm sorry, Boober,” she answered and took his hands in hers, “I can't.”

“No, it's alright..... I'm the one who should be sorry. It was selfish of me to think I could ever be more important to you than the ones who raised you. They need you..... Much more than I do.”

“Boober...”

(Boober)
When we first met, I never knew.
That I would feel this way for you.
But I do, and now I wish we had more time.
I know there's nothing I can say
To make you change your mind and stay.
So instead I'd like to ask of you, that is if you don't mind.

"Ask of me what?"

(Boober)
Don't forget me.
If it's not too much to ask, it means the world to me.
Don't forget me.
It'll be enough to know you'll sometimes think of me.
Don't forget me.
Though you're going far away, your memory will stay.
Don't forget me.
Because I... will always remember you.

"Oh, Boober."

(Goldie)
You know, I can tell by how
You are looking at me now,
That my visit here was not a waste of time.
But we both know I can't stay.
I wish there was another way.
But since there isn't one, there's something I want you to do for me.

"And what's that?"

(Goldie)
Don't forget me.
It's the only thing I ask. Please promise this to me.
Don't forget me.
It's a simple thing on which I think we'll both agree.
Don't forget me.
Though I'm going far away, my heart will always stay.
So don't forget me.

(Both)
Don't forget me.

“Well, I...” Boober stuttered, “I guess you'd better go now.”

“Yeah...” Goldie replied as she started to step away, though not before quickly leaning over and giving Boober a peck on the nose, causing his face to turn nearly as red as his hair.

She picked her suitcase back up again and finally walked out the fraggle hole. Boober watched nervously from the opening as she walked across the workshop, around the workbench and out the door. All without disturbing the hairy monster sleeping soundly in his doggy bed.

When there was no longer any sign of her presence, he turned away from the opening and sulked all the way back home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Song Credits:
- Dance (While The Music Still Goes On)—by Abba, mildly altered
- Don't Forget Me—by Gold Demona