Fan Mail

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Thanks Becky for bumping this thread and welcome! I've read this thread before, but seeing it again has made me decide to actually write several muppeteers just to express my appreciation.
At any rate; many people have asked to post a link to the page here at MC that lists those addresses, well here it is:
http://www.muppetcentral.com/help/faq/muppets.shtml#5
And I hope this helps everyone and inspires them to write, not just so they'll get free stuff, but so we can encourage the folks of the JHC that their legacy really is that special to us.

Becky

Reaction score
Thanks, I guess I'll just try the address everyone else tried then and hope I don't get a return to sender like one poor person did, this one:
The Jim Henson Company Fan Mail (For Performers & Muppets)
P.O. Box 20726
New York, NY 10023

Thanks for your help anyhoo!

Bec :smile:

Becky

Reaction score
Following this being posted on the Henson site

"In February 2004, The Walt Disney Company and The Jim Henson Company signed an agreement for Disney to buy the "Muppets" and "Bear in the Big Blue House" franchises, including all worldwide production, distribution and merchandising rights. All inquiries regarding Muppets and Bear in the Big Blue House should now be directed to The Walt Disney Company. The phone number for their corporate headquarters is 818.560-1000 or you can visit them on line at www.disney.com"

Do you still think you can contact the muppets puppeteers at the New York Henson fan mail address? As I spent a long time doing a little drawing which I wanted to send with a letter but don't want it just ending up getting lost and not getting there :frown:

Becky

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Gees, I hope so. I was really sincere about my post yesterday and sent both Jerry Nelson and Dave Goelz hand-written letters and art work to the NY address! :eek:

Becky

Reaction score
Yeah :frown: I wanted to write to Steve Whitmire but not sure what to do. I wanted to post it really soon infact, was going to go post office in a few mins till I saw that about mail should go to Disney :concern: I've never heard of anyone writing to the puppeteers there on posts here, but then again, I haven't seen any posts from people who've wrote to the NY add since Feb and had replies. I may as well try anyway...you never know... :sympathy:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
My feeling is that I'm 90% sure that the puppeteers are located more toward the east coast, ie' closer to the NY offices. But even if they're not, the NY offices still exist, and if the JHC is as compassionate and nice as everyone in this thread has said; I'm sure they'll forward it to the respective person. Disney is so huge, I don't think I'd feel comfortable mailing my fan mail to them. I love Disney, don't get me wrong, I just think the JHC has a better chance of getting my mail to them.

Becky

Reaction score
Ooh right, well I'm glad you're confident about it! :big_grin: I've just got back, took letter to the Post Office. Let's just hope they all get to them!

King Jim

Reaction score
Becky said:
Ooh right, well I'm glad you're confident about it! :big_grin: I've just got back, took letter to the Post Office. Let's just hope they all get to them!
Ditto! :sleep:

Convincing John

Reaction score
I'd like to write to Jane Henson and also at some point to Karen Prell and Jerry Nelson. I've never written a Muppeteer a fan letter before, and I was just wondering since Jerry's retired (well almost) would I send my fan letter to him to the Sesame Workshop address? (Since he still performs the Count...)

And I wasn't sure about Jane Henson or Karen Prell.
These two don't perform Muppets (or at least Jane Henson doesn't). Karen Prell does stuff for Pixar animation, which is cool, but I wanted to write to her mainly because I grew up with Fraggle Rock.

Now let me get this straight...If I send my letters to the office in California, they'll forward them to where the Muppeteers are, right? So...is this the case with past Muppeteers such as Mrs. Henson and Karen Prell? (Jane Henson Muppeteered on Sam and Friends, so she's considered a Muppeteer).

Anyone know?

Convincing John