Fan Mail

Beauregard

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Ha ha! That sounds about right.

I wrote Carroll Spinney, and he responded. He sent me a nice hand written letter, and an autographed (it was Big Bird's and Oscar's autograph. But he signed the letter) post card from the 25th anniversary of Sesame Street. It's pretty neat!

Speaking of which, any of you POA members out there, did you notice that in the directory there's three times that Carroll Spinney's name is mentioned? And each and every time his name is mentioned, Carroll is spelt differently? I'm pretty sure they're all him, there's only so many Carroll Spinney's around, and the majority of them are female. And, once, his name was even mentioned alongside his characters from Sesame Street, so I know they're all him. :grouchy:

Wait, is that the letter you were waiting for when you e-mailed me?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Er, no, Beauregard. That was a different letter. But, thanks for reminding me! I gotta check my old e-mail!

Originally posted by trekkie1701E
How long did it take to recive a response?
Well, he was on an extended trip to... I think he said Europe, so it took several months before he even saw it! But, normally, I'd say it takes a month or two.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
hmm i've thought of writing bill and dave...but i'm really lazy.....and that isn't going to get me anywhere!

Sarah

well my little bro wrote dave...i'll just have to see how long it takes!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I finally got up my courage and wrote Brian Henson about a month ago. I got a letter last Friday from his secretary (I'm assuming) saying he was too busy to respond to the questions I asked. At least I know the letter got read, because I mentioned my website (thinking he might want to look at it), and the letter-writer said he wished me luck on it.

-Kim

teebs

Reaction score
Has anyone written to Jerry Nelson?

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
I personally didnt write him yet, but one of the autograph sites I go to, had the following info about Jerry Nelson:

Sent: 3/20/2003, Rcvd: 4/14/2003
Tester's comment: "Jerry sent a picture of The Count singed to me. Thanks! You can count on the Count!"

Hope this helps ya out

Michael

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson is such a groovy guy!!

I wrote him once and he sent me a self-portrait photograph he took of himself in a mirror (there was a Floyd plate someone had made for him I suppose) and sent me the nicest letter. His grocery list was on the back of the letter!! That was TOO COOL!!

I love Mr. Nelson, as much as everyone else out there at JHC!! He's the hippest and grooviest of the performers because, if you think about it, he has an amazing range of vocals, for talking and singing, and I've always been awestruck by his performance.

FOZ

teebs

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Jerry Nelson is such a groovy guy!!

His grocery list was on the back of the letter!! That was TOO COOL!!
LOL! That's great! :big_grin:

Originally posted by Fozzie Bear

I love Mr. Nelson, as much as everyone else out there at JHC!! He's the hippest and grooviest of the performers because, if you think about it, he has an amazing range of vocals, for talking and singing, and I've always been awestruck by his performance.

FOZ
I totally agree. Jerry is my favorite by far.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
What is SO cool is that every one of the Muppet performers are so meek and humble that they will thank you for being a big fan of theirs for whatever purpose, but they will tell you, as has been told to me, "It's a joint effort, without the team there is no me."

I have different reasons for loving them all and being a fan of the performers as much as the characters.

At MuppetFest they all seemed genuinely surprised that we all were that excited to meet them all.