Fan-Fiction: The Muppets' Mid-Age Crisis

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
THIS IS TOO GREAT! POST MORE SOON!

(NOW ME AND MY PARENTHESES NEED TO GO AND FIND SOMETHING TO REMOVE THE BUBBLE GUM FROM UNDERNEATH THE CAPS LOCK KEY (MAYBE SOME PEANUT BUTTER?))

Well whadda ya' know? It WoRkeD! (KinDA)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 17

“Princess Piiiiiggy!” Bean, the bunny-in-waiting shouted as he hopped cutely through the castle into the throne room.

The princess, who was sprawled out across her throne, skimming through a set of parchment, groaned. “What?” she howled at the annoyingly cute little bunny. “Can’t vous see moi am busy?”

“Yeah, I know, but—” Bean started.

“Well then make it quick, okay?” Piggy growled.

“Captain Sweetums is here to see you, your highness—and he’s brought some frog with him!” Bean said. “Sam sent me to tell you.”

Princess Piggy perked up suddenly, sitting up straight in her chair. “Ooh! Ooh! Is it Kermie? Is he back already?” she asked. “Boy, that was fast,” she grunted under her breath. “I haven’t even had time to do my hair, or—or freshen moi’s royal breath! Uch! Where’s my tiara?”

“Umm… no, I don’t think it’s Kermit,” Bean said, looking over his shoulder just to be sure. “Well… unless Kermit got really short on his way to find the chalice!”

The princess was leaned over the side of her throne digging through a bunch of useless stuff, tossing it everywhere in search of something. She looked up briefly and shrugged. “Well, Kermie was already short… I’m sure this is no big change!” she said, returning to her digging.

Bean shrugged. “Alright, if you say so,” he said. “Come on in, you guys!” he called down the hall.

“GAH! Not yet!” the princess shouted. “Moi am not ready!”

“Oh! Sorry!” Bean apologized. “Never mind, guys! Not yet!”

“Ah ha!” Piggy declared, finally finding what she was looking for; a glistening, diamond-studded tiara. She placed it delicately upon her head, and repositioned herself in her throne—trying to look as gorgeous as possible (as if that wasn’t possible) (parentheses comment brought to you by the fund to keep Miss Piggy from killing me). She cleared her throat authoritatively.

Bean looked up at the princess. “Does that mean you’re ready?” he asked.

Piggy rolled her eyes. “Yes, you twit! Let ‘em in!” she ordered.

“Right,” Bean said, blinking. He turned around and ran down the hall. “Okay, you guys! Come on in!”

Sweetums walked in casually (as casually as someone of Sweetums bulk possibly could, anyway) carrying Robin in his arm. Sam followed close behind them.

“Princess Piggy, we have t—” Sweetums began quickly.

Hold it!” Sam shouted. “You may not address the princess until you have been introduced to her!”

“Ah, can it bird brain!” Princess Piggy shouted. She cleared her throat. “Someone as important as Kermie needs no introduction,” she said daintily, emphasizing every syllable.

Sweetums and Robin looked at each other. “Umm… My Uncle Kermit isn’t here,” the little frog told the princess.

Piggy, who had apparently not looked down since the monster-bearing frog had entered the room, looked down. Her snout pulled back into her face in surprise. “Who are you?” she asked.

“Hmph!” Sam huffed. “I thought you didn’t need an introduction?”

Piggy glared at her court advisor sternly. “Clam up, crab!”

Sam did as he was told and shuffled back behind Sweetums, who stepped closer to the throne. “Your majesty,” the monster bellowed, “this is Robin—the Frog—nephew of Kermit the Frog, brave and valiant knight.”

Piggy did a double take. “Ya don’t say!” she shouted. “Well, needless to say, vous have peaked moi’s interest! Carry on!” she ordered.

“Great!” Robin declared. “Well, princess, we were—”

“Wait! Wait!” Piggy shouted. “Don’t tell moi. Let me guess! Kermie sent word. He’s found the chalice… and he loves me! Right?”

Robin scratched his head. “Umm… not exactly,” he said.

“Not at all,” Sweetums added.

“Oh,” Piggy said with a frown. “Umm… then… he sent flowers—OOH! Or chocolate! He knows how much I love chocolate! …Doesn’t he?” She shrugged. “So did he send the goods, or what?”

“Well… actually,” Robin said, “it doesn’t really involve my Uncle Kermit at all.”

“What?” Piggy asked, slightly annoyed (slightly?) (so much for being brought to you by the fund to keep Miss Piggy from killing me…). “Well if it’s not about Kermie why should I c—erm… I mean… Well! Moi am sure that if vous are Kermie’s nephew it must be important! Ahaha,” she giggled innocently.

“Right,” Robin gulped. “Here’s hoping…” he said. “Well, ya see, I was up in the tallest tower earlier and I met Uncle Deadly!”

“Long story short, princess,” Sweetums interrupted (saving the narrator from a lot of needless words), “this Uncle Deadly guy is a dark wizard, and he’s hypnotized all of my best men and turned them against us!”

“Yeah!” Robin interjected suddenly. “And he’s plotting to take over the kingdom!”

What?” Piggy shouted.

Sam darted forward. “My thoughts exactly, princess! Is this not the most ridiculous thing you have ever heard? Hmm? Hmm?” Sam asked.

“Huh?” the princess shouted. “No! Moi am concerned for my future as queen! I mean, if this twerp takes over I could lose my access to the royal funds!” she said, starting to panic. “Ah… umm… I mean… what about moi’s subjects? I owe it to them to… to protect moi’s reign!”

Sam sighed. “Fine,” he mumbled. “Then what is your plan, princess?”

“Gather everyone we can! We’ll storm the tower!” Princess Piggy decreed. “When I see that good for nothing Harry Potter wannabe—HIII-YAAH!” she shouted, delivering a karate chop in front of her (the poor, defenseless air—what’d it ever do to her?).

“Yes! Here here!” Sam shouted. “A brilliant plan, madam! Captain Sweetums, rally the guards!”

Sweetums sighed. “I already told you, Uncle Deadly took all my best men!” the monster explained.

Sam turned and stared. “Who did he take?” he asked.

“Bobo, Crazy Harry, Johnny, Sal, and… Andy and Randy,” Sweetums said.

“Ha! Finally! I got rid of those two idiotic pigs…” the princess muttered.

Those are your best men?” Sam asked. “A bear, a freak, a monkey, a servant, and two hams?”

“Yup,” Sweetums said, nodding proudly.

“Uch!” Sam shouted, slapping his head in disgust. “Well then where are the worst men?”

Sweetums scratched his head. “Well… actually, that’s all the men,” Sweetums said softly.

“You mean to tell me that we have seven guards to protect this entire kingdom?” Sam remarked angrily.

“Five, technically,” Sweetums said. “Johnny and Sal aren’t guards.”

“How is this possible?” Sam groaned.

“Budget cuts,” Sweetums said blankly.

Unbelievable!” Sam declared.

Princess Piggy had descended from her throne and arrived next to Sam, Sweetums, and Robin. “Puh-lease, Sammy,” Piggy said to the eagle, “Moi can muster up an army with the snap of my fingers. Moi am the princess, after all.”

“Shouldn’t you snap your fingers pretty soon then?” Robin asked.

<-> <-> <-> <-> <->

More than one finger snap later, an army had been mustered into the throne room.

Well… an army of freaks and weirdoes, anyway.

Princess Piggy, Sam, and Captain Sweetums swept the castle, recruiting every able-bodied person (or thing) they could find (minus King Statler and King Waldorf—they’re neither willing nor able-bodied).

What they had found was nothing short of pathetic.

Standing in the throne room, from left to right, stood Bean the Bunny-in-Waiting, Annie Sue Pig-in-Waiting, The Castle Chef-in-Waiting-for-Sweden-to-be-formed-so-he-can-be-called-Swedish-Chef, Beauregard the Jester-in-Waiting-for-someone-to-laugh-at-his-broom-act, Sam Eagle-in-Waiting-for-this-list-to-be-done, Sweetums the Captain of the Guard-in-waiting-for-something-to-eat, Robin the Frog-in-waiting-to-become-taller, and an odd assortment of penguins (rallied here based entirely on the fact that they were already on set for the halibut) (and yes, I am going to use that joke again) each clad in scrap metal from various pieces of silverware or whatever else they could find.

Princess Piggy, no longer wearing her lavish dress, but now a snug-fitting satin jump suit knitted for her by her off-screen seamstress, Hilda (and the reason she’s not in the army is simple… I didn’t include her in the story previously) (these parentheses are really just starting to get ridiculous…) (I like to pretend you just skim over them) (oh, who am I kidding? I really hope you read them—they’re my favorite parts!), observed her army and sighed. “Well… at least we out number them!” the princess said.

“Right!” Robin declared. “And we have the element of surprise on our side!”

“Exactly!” Sweetums said. “We can take ‘em, right gang?”

Sam looked at his fellow “soldiers.” “…We’re all doomed,” he groaned.

“Ya spoot de eagle in der stew?” The Castle Chef asked.

The eagle quickly looked at Princess Piggy with pleading eyes. “Don’t let him touch my remains,” Sam begged.

“Moi would never let him do that to vous, Sammy!” Piggy said.

“Oh, thank you!” Sam said.

“Of course,” Piggy said nonchalantly, “if I did, I’d just have to eat whatever he made… Blech!”

Sam opened his mouth to retort, but decided it better to remain quiet (for once).

“Anyway,” the princess said, “this is the plan: we storm the tower, ascend the stairs, burst through the door, and take out Uncle Deadly—he’s the blue one with magical powers—after he’s defeated, the rest of the guards should return to our side, rally with us, and take him into custody,” Piggy said. “And then we all have ice cream on moi! Any questions?”

Beauregard raised his hand slowly.

“Yes, Beau?”

“Why would we want to eat ice cream on you?” Beauregard asked. “And… what is ice cream?”

Princess Piggy rolled her eyes. “Any questions that aren’t stupid?”

Bean raised his hand—and Beau raised his again.

Piggy groaned. “Any questions that don’t break the fourth wall?” she asked.

Beau kept his hand up and Piggy reluctantly acknowledged him again. “What’s the fourth wall?” he asked.

“Oh good grief,” Piggy sighed. “Never mind! Alright troops!” the princess shouted. “Forward march!”

The army (some of them don’t even have arms!) (wings) (if you didn’t get the joke) marched out of the throne room and towards the tower.

Unfortunately, Beauregard tripped over Bean, which caused Sweetums to trip over Beau, landing on top of everyone but Princess Piggy and Robin. The pig and the little frog looked at each other and sighed. “We’re doomed,” Piggy muttered.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Of corpse you're doomed... He's a dark wizard, he already knows you're coming. (Off to bake some cakes, how d'you do, how d'you do, how d'you do).

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

HAA! HAA!

HAAAAAAAA!

I LOVE the parentheses! Absolutely LOVE them! And the LIST! Oy my VEY! FanTAStic. LOVE the trip at the end! And the repetition of doomage. And Piggy's reason for not letting Chef touch Sam's remains. And the question-asking! And--and--YEAH! Fantastic. Funny! Happy Lisa. And! <ahem> (Squeal warning--cover your ears.)

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN! <makes unintelligible sounds that generally imply great amounts of happiness>

<Deep breath> <ahem> That's better. :coy:

Happy Lisa... but never satisfied, of course. MORE PLEASE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
The Castle Chef-in-Waiting-for-Sweden-to-be-formed-so-he-can-be-called-Swedish-Chef, Beauregard the Jester-in-Waiting-for-someone-to-laugh-at-his-broom-act, Sam Eagle-in-Waiting-for-this-list-to-be-done, Sweetums the Captain of the Guard-in-waiting-for-something-to-eat, Robin the Frog-in-waiting-to-become-taller, and an odd assortment of penguins (rallied here based entirely on the fact that they were already on set for the halibut) (and yes, I am going to use that joke again) each clad in scrap metal from various pieces of silverware or whatever else they could find.
Why am I quoting this part? Just for the halibut!

(Any joke bad enough to do once is bad enough to do over and over again! (I also like your parentheses! (Three cheers for parentheses! :smile: (And three cheers for Prawnie!))))

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh dear god I cannot stop laughing (especially at the parenthensis) (which it appears everyone else loves too). And I love Bean, he's just so BEAN. And Piggy and Robin and Sweetums and all the people in waiting (especially the Swedish Chef) and man alive, this chapter may have been my favorite yet! Love it, hug it, squeeze it, give me more!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 18

“Why would you say that?” Gonzo asked with a huff.

“I thought it was obvious,” Fozzie said.

Gonzo scoffed. “Hardly!” he said. “It’s completely ridiculous—and I should know!”

Kermit sighed and looked down at his two bickering companions. “What are you two arguing about?” he asked.

Fozzie says Queen Guinevere is the fairest wench in the land!” Gonzo shouted, sounding appalled at such an assumption.

The frog stared at the weirdo. “…Isn’t she?” Kermit asked.

“That’s what I said!” Fozzie whined.

No!” Gonzo shouted. “Not even close!”

Kermit looked down at his squire. Scooter shrugged. The knight turned back to the duke. “Prithee then, fair duke, who is the fairest wench in the land?” he asked.

“Prithee?” Gonzo asked.

Kermit shrugged. “Sounded Middle-Aged,” he said blankly.

“The fairest wench in the land,” Gonzo said, “is Petunia!”

Kermit pulled back on the horse’s reins. He, Scooter, Fozzie, and the horse (yes, even the horse) turned and stared at the long-nosed blue thing.

Gonzo’s eyes widened. “Don’t tell me that you’ve never heard of Petunia!” he gasped.

The four gaping travelers shook their heads.

“But… I thought legends of her beauty graced the bars all across Arthurian England!” Gonzo said with a tone that sounded like he was reexamining his entire life’s meaning.

“Not any bars I’ve played,” Fozzie said.

“You haven’t played any bars,” Scooter said.

“Oh, right,” Fozzie sighed.

“But… I have a portrait of gorgeous Petunia hanging on my bedroom wall!” Gonzo said.

“Who is she, Gonzo?” Kermit asked finally.

“Why, King Arthur’s bodacious bovine, of course!” Gonzo said.

Every mouth present (other than Gonzo’s) (and including a squirrel passerby) fell agape. “A… cow?” Kermit asked slowly.

“Of course!” Gonzo said. “What else?”

Fozzie looked up at Kermit. “Can I please milk this for all it’s worth?” the bear asked. “Ahh! Get it? Wocka! Wocka!”

“Oh, good grief,” Kermit sighed, snapping the horse’s reins and moving on.

“What?” Gonzo asked. “What!”

“Hey, hey!” Fozzie shouted. “Lemme guess what she said when they were painting the portrait—Cheese! Ahh!”

Scooter groaned.

“Gonzo, be careful, you don’t want your children to inherit her beefy genes!” Fozzie joked. “Wocka! Wocka!”

“Kermit, stop this!” Scooter begged.

“—udderly ridiculous!”

“Kermit, please!” the squire whined.

“—moo-ve over! Ahh!”

“Boss, c’mon, this is just ridiculous!” Scooter said.

“—Hugh Hoofner!”

“Alright! Alright!” Kermit shouted. “That’s enough, Fozzie!”

Thank you!” Scooter shouted.

Fozzie looked down at his feet as he shuffled along, defeated, behind the others. Gonzo turned around, walking backwards and grinned at the bear. “See, Fozzie? It’s true what they say, you mess with the bull, and you get the horns! Ha ha ha!” the weirdo laughed.

Kermit scrunched up his face and shook his head. “Sheesh,” he sighed.

“Hey, boss, what’s that?” Scooter shouted, pointing ahead of them.

Up on a small hill there was a small house next to a river. A water wheel was connected to the side of the house and was being propelled by the flowing current of the river. Connected to the house was a small fenced off portion of the pasture.

“What the hey?” Kermit asked skeptically. “What do you suppose that is?”

“Who knows?” Gonzo asked. “But that wheel sure looks like it would be fun to run on!”

“Funny you should mention that,” a light, precise voice said from behind the travelers. “We’ve been looking for a new guinea pig!”

Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Scooter turned around. They saw, emerging from the forest, a stubby, bald, round-headed, green-skinned man wearing glasses (though he had no eyes). Walking next to him was a cylindrical head topped with orange hair, bulging, permanently freaked out eyes, and a long orange nose.

“Who are you?” Fozzie asked.

I am Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, and this is my assistant, Beaker,” the green man said, motioning to himself and then the other fellow.

“Mee meep,” Beaker squeaked, waving at the others.

“What’d he say?” Scooter asked.

“Why, hello, of course,” Dr. Honeydew said.

“Why does he talk like that?” Fozzie asked. “Did an evil wizard curse him?”

Bunsen stared at the bear. “Sure,” he said. “Let’s go with that.”

“Excuse me for asking, Dr. Honeydew,” Kermit said, “but what exactly are you doing?”

“I’m glad you asked,” Bunsen said. “Beaker and I were just in the forest gathering ingredients for our latest experiment! Isn’t that right, Beakie?”

Beaker nodded. “Mee me!”

“Experiment?” Kermit asked.

“Yes,” Bunsen said with a nod. “Now, if you don’t mind my asking, who are you chaps?”

“I am Kermit the Frog,” Kermit said, “brave and valiant knight. This is Scooter, my squire, Fozzie, my bear, and Gonzo, my… whatever. We’re embarked on an epic journey to find the jeweled chalice of Queen Francis IV.”

“Oh, you don’t say!” Dr. Honeydew said, excitedly. “Beaker and I have been searching for that for years!”

Kermit gulped. “Years?” he asked.

“Why, yes,” Bunsen said, “but Beakie here is a sucker for curio stands, so we never really got very far.”

“Mee me meep!” Beaker said gleefully.

“Well what do you do now?” Scooter asked.

“We live in that house over there, perfecting useful inventions to finally bring us out of the Dark Ages!” Bunsen explained.

“Painfully useful inventions?” Gonzo asked, eyes widened with excitement.

“Only for Beaker,” Dr. Honeydew said with a wispy laugh. “Would you like to come in and see them?”

“Of course we would!” Gonzo shouted.

“Gonzo, we really don’t have time for—” Kermit started.

“Boss, wait,” Scooter said, “maybe they’ve got some hot tips on how to get to the chalice. They have been searching for it.”

Kermit nodded. “Good point,” he said. “Dr. Honeydew, we’d love to.”

“Oh, excellent!” Dr. Honeydew said, clapping his hands excitedly.

Bunsen and Beaker led the others to their small house. A sign hung above the door that read “MUPPET LABS” in bold, black letters. Kermit tied off the horse to a rail in front and joined the others for a grand tour.

“You’ll have to excuse our mess,” Bunsen said. “We’re right in the middle of perfecting our latest invention.”

“Oh, really?” Fozzie asked. “What’s that?”

Bunsen opened the door, and the breeze from outside blew in. It swept up hundreds of white feathers off the floor and blew them around the house.

Fozzie started to sneeze uncontrollably.

“We call it the Pillow-Stuffer 8000,” Bunsen said proudly. “Unfortunately, we have nowhere to store all of these pesky loose feathers.”

Fozzie sneezed. “Dey seeb ad hobe id my node,” he said, wiping his nose.

“Where do you get all of these feathers?” Gonzo asked, sweeping the room over with his eyes.

“Chickens, of course!” Dr. Honeydew said.

“Mee mo!” Beaker added.

Chickens?” Gonzo asked.

“Yes, indeed!” Bunsen said. “They live right in our backyard! You can see them through that opening.” The doctor pointed to an opening in the side of the house where a makeshift conveyer belt, presumably connected to the water wheel, was turning slowly.

“How does it work?” Scooter asked, moving in to examine it more closely.

“It’s quite simple really,” Bunsen said. “Show them, Beaker!”

“Meep.” Beaker nodded.

Kermit and the others watched as Beaker crawled through the opening. The squeaky freaky picked up a chicken. It began to peck at him ravenously. “Mee mee mee mo mee meep!” he screamed as he ran the chicken towards the conveyor belt. He placed the poultry upon it and the chicken slowly moved toward the house.

As it reached the opening, Bunsen jumped out from beneath the conveyor belt. “Boogedy boogedy boo!” he shouted.

BAGAWK!” the chicken clucked loudly, completely freaked right out of her feathers.

Literally.

Feathers flew everywhere as the frightened chicken molted completely right in front of her observers.

Kermit scrunched up his face. “That’s it?” he asked.

“Yes,” Bunsen said, “it’s the latest in revolutionary technology from Muppet Labs!”

“I’d hate to see the pre-revolution technology,” Scooter muttered.

“What do you think?” Dr. Honeydew asked with a smile.

“It’s terrible!” Gonzo shouted. “It’s cruel—it’s unusual—and not in a good way!”

“I’m sorry?” Bunsen asked.

“How could you do that to such stunning creatures?” Gonzo asked.

“Oh, good grief,” Kermit sighed.

“Chickens are beautiful! They don’t deserve this treatment!” Gonzo shouted.

“Oh, nonsense, Mister Gonzo,” Bunsen said. “Here, watch another one, then you’ll be convinced. Beaker!”

“Mee me!” Beaker replied.

The assistant picked up another chicken, one with notably blue eyelids, and placed her on the conveyor belt.

Gonzo’s eyes widened. “You had to pick the most beautiful one!” he shouted. “Well… not on my watch!”

Before Kermit could realize what was happening, Gonzo had grabbed the frog’s sword from its sheath and had dived onto the conveyor belt. “Viva la Poultry!” he shouted wildly.

The weirdo charged forward against the movement of the conveyor, and wrapped the chicken in his arms. “Hold on, my sweet little nectarine!” he told the shaking chicken.

Gonzo dove, nose first, off the belt, landing right on top of Beaker. “Chicken Liberation!” the duke shouted. “No more Beaks of Burden!”

The weirdo of Wherever darted forward with Kermit’s sword, slicing at the fence that restrained the chickens. The wood cracked and split as Gonzo hacked away at it (Beaker even got a splinter).

When a sizeable hole was formed in the fence, the chickens began to mobilize. Gonzo, still holding the blue eyed chicken he’d saved, hopped atop the remaining fence posts and held his sword high above his head. “Be free, chickies! Your peeps are silent no more!” he shouted, laughing heroically. “The cluck stops here!”

Kermit, Fozzie, Scooter, and Bunsen stared at the mess of a backyard Muppet Labs was left with.

Kermit gulped audibly. Fozzie put his hand on the frog’s back. “Well, Kermit, one thing is for sure,” the bear said.

“What’s that, Fozzie?”

“No one can ever accuse Gonzo of being chicken,” Fozzie said blankly. “Ahh!” he shouted suddenly. “Wocka! Wocka!”

Kermit sighed meekly and lowered his head.