Episodes that Have Stuck with You

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's the most realistic rain I've ever seen on SST: they always use a rain overlay, but they never really bothered trying to make anything look too awfully wet, but seeing the sets and the humans soaked like that is a really nice touch, I like it.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Yeah, to me it does look like the rooftop scenes were actually filmed outside during real rain, but there are two things to realize: one, Big Bird would instantly get wet and you'd notice; and two, the same set is also used in Sing Along and the wedding, and those specials don't feature Mother Nature herself.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lest we also forget Big Bird was up on the roof waiting for Santa in CEOSST. And, I believe SW uploaded a video looong ago of Bob gardening on the roof with some of the kids.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and there was also the Season 35 episode where Miles and his band went up on the roof to practice, and by then, they had replaced that cardboard cutout of a skyline with a painted flat of a New York City cityscape with the Empire State Building and the Plaza Hotel.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm suddenly remembering Cookie Hood all of the sudden, not sure why.

cjd874

Reaction score
I'm suddenly remembering Cookie Hood all of the sudden, not sure why.
I remember that one! Everyone was accusing Cookie Monster of stealing cookies when---for once---it actually wasn't him. I think Jerry Nelson played Cookie Hood in this one, and David Rudman was Cookie. From 2002 or 2003.

One that I remember was Super Grover's new cape (another early 2000s show). Big Bird, Zoe, and the kids try to find a new cape for SG while Maria attempts to sew up his old, tattered one. They give him a bath towel, a napkin, and other things and he keeps crashing every time he flies. At the end, he gets a new cape ordered online and all is well. What clearly sticks out in my mind is the ending, where Oscar becomes a superhero, takes Grover's old cape, and flies around inside his can, smashing into everything from the china cabinet to the piano. Dick Maitland must have had a field day with the sound effects for that show...I would love to see this one again if it resurfaces.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember that one! Everyone was accusing Cookie Monster of stealing cookies when---for once---it actually wasn't him. I think Jerry Nelson played Cookie Hood in this one, and David Rudman was Cookie. From 2002 or 2003.
Yes, Jerry Nelson's performance as Cookie Hood is sticking out prominently in my mind presently.

One that I remember was Super Grover's new cape (another early 2000s show). Big Bird, Zoe, and the kids try to find a new cape for SG while Maria attempts to sew up his old, tattered one. They give him a bath towel, a napkin, and other things and he keeps crashing every time he flies. At the end, he gets a new cape ordered online and all is well. What clearly sticks out in my mind is the ending, where Oscar becomes a superhero, takes Grover's old cape, and flies around inside his can, smashing into everything from the china cabinet to the piano. Dick Maitland must have had a field day with the sound effects for that show...I would love to see this one again if it resurfaces.[/QUOTE]I think I have that one taped somewhere. I also recall a scene where when Super Grover's new cape finally arrives, he needs a boost from Big Bird, Maria, and some kids to help him break in his new cape and ascend into the sky to fly.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One for instance is from sometime in the mid 90s or so (1996, 1997, maybe even early 1998) that involved Gabi inviting Big Bird and Tarah over for a sleepover; two things I can clearly remember is how Tarah showed everybody how she has someone (in this case, it was Luis I believe) help her out of her wheel chair, and into her bed, or in this case sleeping bag, and then later, Big Bird telling Maria and Luis how some strange noise keeps waking him up and scaring him, and it turned out to be his own snoring, lol.
Here it is.