EM.TV to Sell Muppets to Jim Henson's Children for $89 Million

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Eric could prop her up in the chair next to him...they'd just have to be the only people in the front row:wink:

yes I like the ideas of guys carrying her around....then kermit could go to one or two....and be surrounded by girls...this would get press on a slow news day..especially if they were both out at the same time.....

she needs to do talk shows, also.....and be very snobby as was stated before...and she could just be her superstar self!

Sarah

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I do hope everyone knew I was joking about the "crouching down" business. Of course that would be too uncomfortable. I like the idea of carrying her down in something--that's been done before, for one of the specials, or maybe the TMM premiere. I've seen footage of that. I also like the idea of Eric propping her up next to himself, though--he could provide his own dual "MST3K" commentary on the movie!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I knew you were....but I do agree...she needs to be seen watching the movie...we don't want her *disappearing* so she should be propped up or something....

Sarah

Chilly Down

Reaction score
No, I don't want her disappearing at all. I was saying the opposite--that Eric should disappear so that she'd be visible. But of course, as you knew, I was joking about him crouching. He'd have to be in the front row with her in a special seat or something.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
or he could take a nap....of course he might snore.....

Sarah

or he could be her 'date'

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Since when do we see any star watching his or her own movie at a premier? We don't. It isn't necessary. There is only red carpet coverage. That’s where the appearance should be. Other than that, a photograph can easily be photoshopped or they can create an opportunity for stars inside to pose with her inside the theater. A big reason why she probably doesn’t attend premiers (other than the lack of invitation) is that she would upstage any non-Muppet film. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Celebrities never watch premieres anyway unless it's a kids film or something really good. They go there, get photographed and then slip out the side door 5 minutes into the film and go to a club.

What i meant about the puppeteer getting in shot is that, yeah they could conceal Eric in any shots they actually specifically set up, but news crews have no idea how to shoot puppets and wouldn't be that bothered in a crowded lobby. Different stars get interviewed by different crews in the same place, so i'm saying the ones interviewing other people would probably have Piggy and Eric in shot all over the place and rather than Piggy being pictured the next day as the belle of the ball she'd just be a puppet with a guys hand stuck somewhere very personal.

I do like the idea of her arriving in a limo and Eric being concealed in some way as he walks up the red carpet but basically, i think all this would be too much bother for organisers of these things unless it was a Muppet film.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
maybe just have some little spot set up where it could look like she was coming up...or maybe it wouldn't have to be movies.....but what else? more talk shows...stuff like that...the hollywood squares is great exposure.....

Sarah

Beauregard

Reaction score
How about The Pig being a stuffed model while watching the movie, and we just see her arriving and disapearing, and nipping out to the loo halfway through the film.

Actually a puppet watching would be better, she could eat popcorn and chrisps, and slurp her drink the whole time.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Re: Re: Guys,

Originally posted by Luke
I also think Piggy needs another angle than just being Kermit's girlfriend which is getting so tired - as you say, bring out the desperate for stardom part of her character. They could even put out a spoof press release to the media that Piggy is relaunching her bid for superstardom and is up for some big screen roles, make a big joke of it. Then follow it up with the appearances so they can ask her questions
I think that would be great, and they could have the press haunting the whole of te Muppet crew trying to get to the bottom of the rummor. An interveiw with kermit about what he thinks of it all.

We could get her the headlines.