EM.TV to Sell Muppets to Jim Henson's Children for $89 Million

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I could see her making an appearance at the red carpet somehow and maybe in the lobby. Eric just has to do what I do with Muley and tell the photographers "Shoot HIM from the waist up, or you'll lose the magic," and normally they will. In the meantime, I normally stand behind him and look away, so it seems that, instead of being his puppeteer, I'm like a weak-looking body guard or something.

After all, on name tags it always reads:
Muley, A Mule (or Talking Mule)
Kevin, Muley's Person (or Personal Assistant)

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Re: Raisin,

Originally posted by Warrick
the reason we broke it is because everyone on the mailing list got an email telling them what has happened today, So they want to come and read the press release and post.

see ya
I know this was 23 days ago but...NO DUHHHHH. I'm on the mailing list too, that's why I said "let's try to break the record and make it to 200."

And that is all I wanted to say. :smile:

Aaron

Reaction score
some of you are saying this is not that great of news but remember you were all perfectly happy before 2000

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm feeling WAY relieved now!!

We have TONS of new Muppet Merchandise coming out soon, and that's a very good thing. I just hope JHC will be more about quality control than quantity control and won't just start putting out junk in the merchandise field.

Project wise, I hope they start doing something soon because the Henson Five will have to prove to so many out there that they CAN do it.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by aaron likes rowlf
some of you are saying this is not that great of news but remember you were all perfectly happy before 2000
Well at that point, it was not fully realized that the Muppets were deteriorating. The Muppets were at a crossroads at that point as well, I'd just never thought the Hensons would sell out, especially to a German company.

Reaction score
I was EXTREMELY EXCITED that day when this news broke!!!!!
Tears of JOY!!! :cry: :smile: :eek:
May the Henson's continue the Joy and Excitement we all have loved for years!

My wish would be for the Henson's to bring back new episodes of "Bear In The Big Blue House" and bring back all the merchandise too!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I don't know what for the future holds for Henson, and I wasn't completely supportive of this buyout, but when I go to ToughPigs and see all that merchandise and DVDs, I'm VERY impressed and think it's a great start. I probably won't even BUY any of it, but hopefully eventually I'll get my hands on the DVDs coming on 8/26.

Doogied

Reaction score
Henson's are on a roll if you ask me.... just found out today that they will start showing The Muppet Show every night at seven o'clock on Bell Express Vue up here in the great white north...I now know where I will be at seven every evening... TV land! Yippee!