Electric Mayhem Irony

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I think it's pretty bad the Electric Mayhem is never exposed anymore. The question is why aren't they? How hard is it to find people who can do the characters and have the voices of the characters dead on. Dave is still there and so is Steve so Zoot and Lips can talk.

All one has to do is find somebody to do good voices of Dr. Teeth, Janice, Floyd, and Animal. I know Eric Jacobson is doing Animal but the voice is really bad. I think Bill was doing Teeths voice in the Oz movie but I wouldn't go with Bill. He has to many characters and I want him to make Rowlf his main character, but I don't see that happening thanks to the writers. I would also like to see somebody do a good Floyd and Janice. I know Brian was doing Janices voice in the christmas movie. That might work, but Floyd does need a new performer who can do a good voice right up there like Jerry Nelson did.

However, I don't see any of these things happening since the Electric Mayhem has been out of the spot light for 15 years.

ryan

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
ouch... did you have to SAY that? You couldn't just let us be delusional for a little bit? It's so painful... <sigh>

I'll just sort of sit in this corner over here and cry until I see the Electric Mayhem back... <sniff> and Rowlf...

BEAR

Reaction score
Isn't it also kind of ironic that we not only "lost" the Electric Mayhem and Rowlf, but also the great Muppet music that we used to have.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
hm... we lose the musicians, and the music goes with them.... <sigh>

minor muppetz

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
Dave is still there and so is Steve so Zoot and Lips can talk.
yes, they could, but they didn't talk much anyway, so it might be out of place to suddenly have them talking so much, especially without the other band members being there to talk.

Oddly enough, reading the muppet central interviews with them, it seems like dave goelz and steve whitmire both had trouble performing their characters. dave Goelz kept trying to give zoots lines to other characters. I wonder if steve whitmire ever gave any of lips' lines to any other characters.

of course, I do hope that Lips returns someday. I hoped that he would have been in muppets from space, i hoped that he would have been in it's a very merry muppet christmas movie, i hoped that he would have been in the muppets wizard of oz, but he wasn't. of course, I also hoped that he would be made as an action figure and he was.

Oddly enough, although jerry nelson has been around and active throughout the 1990s, it seems like floyd didn't talk muhc. I know that he sang on the kermit unpigged album (and i think he was in the muppet beach party album), and he did appear in a few other things, but he should have appeared more on muppets tonight!, especially since jerry nelson didn't have very many regular characters on that show. after all, floyd frequetly interacted with other characters (besides the electric mayhem) on the muppet show. and animal appeared without the band alot.