Electric Mayhem Irony

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hello gang.

Just wanted to ask, isn't it ironic that the quietest members of the EM still have performers(Zoot; Dave Goelz, Lips; Steve Whitmire). And the ones that talked the most have lost their performers. Just a little thought to put in your head.

Ryan
theprawncracker

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I noticed that last time I watched MTI.
Zoot, who is famous for his severe lack of words, turns to Floyd and says, "Hey man, I can't figure out what side we're on. Are we with the pirates or the frog captain?"
Floyd says, "Well hey man, just play the gig! Never get involved in politics"
Then Animal says "PO-LI-TICS! PO-LI-TICS!"
So why did Zoot have this line when he doesn't really talk? Well, because Floyd had to answer the question, Animal isn't capable of making a full sentence, and no one else had a voice.
Since then, Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson have left. So bye-bye, Floyd and Animal. And Lips hasn't been around for a long time. So the only EM member with their original voice is Zoot. The silent one. How weird is that?

BEAR

Reaction score
Good observations, Prawncracker and TogetherAgain. My guess is that Zoot's line in MTI would have belonged to Janice had she a way to deliver it. It is TOTALLY a Janice line.

dpurves

Reaction score
To me one of the saddest things about The Muppets today is that so many of them have lost their original performers, so they're either walking around with some type of imitation of their original voice, or in the case of EM, are only seen and not heard.

It really makes watching those old Muppet movies and shows pretty bittersweet.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was just discussing this the other day with a friend of mine. They seem to think that Steve is new because he only started performing Kermit around 1990. I said, No, he was on TMS. They said, "Which one was he?" I said, "The one with the beard." Then it dawned on me that they ALL had facial hair, except for Oz's mustache; so I said, "The young one with the beard." "Oooohhhh," he said.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Wow that's pretty funny now that you mention it. It's also really sad, 'cause we don't see Lips anymore (I think the latest thing I saw him in was in Muppet Christmas Carol... almost 15 years ago! :concern: :embarrassed: ). I wish they'd do more with the Electric Mayhem besides having them be background charaters.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
BEAR said:
My guess is that Zoot's line in MTI would have belonged to Janice had she a way to deliver it. It is TOTALLY a Janice line.
Oo, good call!

Really!

Good call!

That's somethin' that I never consciously thought about, but felt deep inside...and now you've brought it out. Thanks! :smile: